Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER III - Hotfix 2.1.2

CA_YueyNinja#6930CA_YueyNinja#6930 Registered Users, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 38

Today, we are releasing a small hotfix with a critical change for high-end Intel processors:
  • Addressed an issue which impacted the game performance when running on Intel’s “Raptor Lake” CPU.

END TURN CRASH: FIX INCOMING

We’re aware of an 'end turn crash' issue impacting some players. Until a permanent fix arrives in Update 2.2, we’ve opened two Steam Beta branches which will allow you to roll back and play on an earlier build:
  • rollback: Update 2.0 (crash not present)
  • patch_2_1_1: Update 2.1.1 (crash may be present)
We apologize for the inconvenience this causes and will have it fixed up as soon as possible!

UP NEXT: UPDATE 2.2

Update 2.2 is currently targeting October 18 as its release date! This major update includes a wide variety of changes and fixes to several outstanding issues impacting players—in addition to new features based on ongoing player feedback—as you all dive into Total War: WARHAMMER III and Immortal Empires:
  • End Turn Crash Fix: Coming soon.
  • Settlement Battles: Numerous adjustments are being made to the number of Settlement Battles encountered throughout a campaign. More details in the full notes next month!
  • AI Improvements: Several adjustments are being made to the AI based on player feedback: they’ll be generally more aggressive, will scale better with their difficulty setting, should employ smarter tactics in Battle, and will (overall) be better allies and vassals, as well.
  • Split Ranked Queue: Choose between Land and Domination Battles!
  • New Endgame Crisis: Yes-yes…
  • Regiments of Renown III: Our third Regiments of Renown pack is on the way!
Much more is on the way, so watch for the full release notes coming your way on October 18.

Comments

• Jirzik#3160Jirzik#3160 Registered Users Posts: 481
    edited September 29
    UP NEXT: UPDATE 2.2 - October 18
    New Endgame Crisis: Yes-yes…
    Regiments of Renown III: Our third Regiments of Renown pack is on the way!

Yes!!!

Thank you for the info!
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,696
    Vermintide End game scenario confirmed!

Also nice to have a concrete release date.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • NeoYasNeoYas Registered Users Posts: 969
    A FLC road map would be very welcomed.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,241
    Wonder what CAs solution for the MS battles will be, my bet is by tieying it to buildings.

The AI changes sound particularly juicy, but we still have to see them in action.

I know a particular forumite that keeps complaining about there not being a split between domination and land battles in in ranked queue that will be delighted by the news that it's coming with 2.2

Vermintide incoming.

I'm curious about what the theme of this batch of RoR will be, maybe SEM?
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,873
    New crisis is great but it would be good if we could customise them in multiplayer campaign.
  • #610044#610044 Registered Users Posts: 791
    edited September 29
    when is the regiment added? 18?
    Storeslem said:

when is the regiment added? 18?

With 2.2, so yes.
    - Anonymous
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,024
    Split Ranked Queue: Choose between Land and Domination Battles!

you won me back CA.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • drogarito#2548drogarito#2548 Registered Users Posts: 1,768
    Toggle button. The most ambicious undertaking ever! I wonder how much time and money they spent on it.
  • Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,801

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Jman5#8318Jman5#8318 Registered Users Posts: 2,117
    edited September 29
    Really excited for 2.2. Fewer settlement battles + better/more aggressive AI have been my two biggest issues.
    Post edited by Jman5#8318 on
  • SteelRonin#4832SteelRonin#4832 Junior Member ChileRegistered Users Posts: 1,566
    I don't understant the patch, I only see Update 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.1.1, title says 2.1.2, and the next one 2.2.

So what exactly does this update bring?
  • 1v0#35621v0#3562 Registered Users Posts: 2,332
    Any word on the garrisons ? Will they be buffed or atleast adjusted for some races/citys ? I think that is part of the problems with the AI.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,

I don't understant the patch, I only see Update 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.1.1, title says 2.1.2, and the next one 2.2.

So what exactly does this update bring?

The hotfix, 2.1.2 is for this.

Addressed an issue which impacted the game performance when running on Intel’s “Raptor Lake” CPU.

The rest of things mentioned are coming with 2.2
    - Anonymous
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,848
    Bies#4376 said:

I need the roadmap

My heart desired

• DragonbroodlingsDragonbroodlings Registered Users Posts: 334
    Even though I don't have one of the Alder or Raptor Lake lines of Intel, I've noticed that my performance always goes up when they fix them. I think the problems affect more Intel processors than they think.
  • Bogdanov89#9316Bogdanov89#9316 Registered Users Posts: 1,154
    oh yeaaa, game will be come decently playable some 8 months after release.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.

oh yeaaa, game will be come decently playable some 8 months after release.

I hate that mOdErN GaMiNg has basically just become normalized early access builds of the game. It's always a coin flip if it will end up like Cyberpunk and get updated into a decent working state or end up like Anthem and promptly abandoned. I got 3 games this year. Warhammer 3, Elden Ring, and Halo Infinite. The only one I don't regret buying at launch was Elden Ring. And I regret buying Infinite altogether.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • ogool#9059ogool#9059 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 10
    Update for CPUs is great and all but when can we expect some features for Modern GPUs, like DLSS. At least can we get a fix for the fact that you can't run NIS unless you set your monitor to a lower resolution than native. I know for a fact you guys have been aware of the issue since 1.1. Allowing us to play in Proper Fullscreen and do some upscaling would really help performance.

This game is almost entirely GPU bound, not CPU.
  • damon40000#7640damon40000#7640 Registered Users Posts: 1,875
    good
    BsFG dwarf
  • CosmikNoise#2167CosmikNoise#2167 Registered Users Posts: 162
    Good stuff.

But please CA, do not forget to have a look on the ghost vassals bug.

• RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,090
    I feel like I am one of few not in the slightest ethused by the Crises feature. Lots of people spent TWW1 and TWW2 complaining about the Chaos End Game event. I liked it and even after it was possible to shut it off I still mostly left it in.

But now that Chaos is an organic presence on the map I can’t see myself playing with these end game events. Now more than ever such features simply feel too arcadey.

But it’s good that they are optional.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • kaiki_utokyo#9006kaiki_utokyo#9006 Registered Users Posts: 511
    Is start position transfer still a thing in 2.2?
  • The_real_FAUST#6885The_real_FAUST#6885 Registered Users Posts: 2,074
    Toggle for MP finally!

Thank you.

How about a leader board fix and preferable reset too with different mode rankings? Pretty please
  • motea123#4915motea123#4915 Registered Users Posts: 20
    please fix the TAA
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,696
    Please also fix the Ghost factions and the Southern Oblast CA!
    Summon the Elector Counts!
    Just wanted to comment that I have an i9 intel. I recently maxed out of the settings and only lost 3 FPS (solid 57 FPS average). Before the FPS would tank under 30, so whatever this hot patch fixed, it worked.
  • whatabs#4509whatabs#4509 Registered Users Posts: 225
    Promises, promises. I am cautiously optimistic about the next update. Lets see...
  • Mazisky#3267Mazisky#3267 Registered Users Posts: 1,218

I feel like I am one of few not in the slightest ethused by the Crises feature. Lots of people spent TWW1 and TWW2 complaining about the Chaos End Game event. I liked it and even after it was possible to shut it off I still mostly left it in.

But now that Chaos is an organic presence on the map I can’t see myself playing with these end game events. Now more than ever such features simply feel too arcadey.

But it’s good that they are optional.

I have similar thoughts but I think that the incoming Chaos end crisis would fit very well and I will probably chose it over other options. Also CA hinted that it may be more complex compared to actual doomstacks