Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Known IssueEmpire Confederation probably bugged IE 2.2

Brewtallus#7182Brewtallus#7182 Registered Users Posts: 1
I've begun a Karl Franz Campaign with patch 2.2 and it seems the Imperial Authority confederation system is bugged.

I managed to confederate Talabecland on turn 22, but it was the only one. Since then I managed to get both Stirland and Solland to 10 fealty and received no confederation offers at all. I'm not under the confederation penalty since it's turn 45 by now and my last and only confederation was Talabecland.
Post edited by CA_Tama#5904 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Anssi#2459Anssi#2459 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    Yeah, same issue. No empire events at all once I confederated The Golden Order. Got multiple offers to before accepting, since then nothing (40-50 turns has passed since then)
  • Psycholounger#4143Psycholounger#4143 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same here. Franz campaign. Got offered confed once. Declined. Now i have 3 elector fealtys at 10. No offer to confed. I dont even get any dilemmas anymore. i traded settlements with elctor counts i dont know if that has anything to do with it. But it sucks big time.
  • #75337#75337 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Same here, not confederated anyone, turned down two and nothing happens. Also have 17k fealty and not offered that or any other dilemma at all.
  • #332735#332735 Registered Users Posts: 79
    me too empires campaing is unplayable
  • mweilbuchner#9236mweilbuchner#9236 Registered Users Posts: 19
    can confirrm!
  • josephdietrich#3850josephdietrich#3850 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Confirmed. After first confederation offer, whether accepted or declined, no events that add or subtract Imperial Authority or Prestige fire afterwards, including random settlements being attacked, elector counts demanding regions, dilemmas, and offers of confederation.
  • TGN#7430TGN#7430 Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2022
    Confirmed. My campaign ruined.
  • davidwaiter#8083davidwaiter#8083 Registered Users Posts: 2
    In my empire campaign I've asserted independence to build imperial authority.

I don't get the option to confederate 20 turns later - I have several electors at 10 fealty and have not confederated or been given the option for confederation for 40+ turns
  • Jezou#2930Jezou#2930 Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2022
    Hi everyone,

Same issues here, after 2 confederations and several refusals, I haven't had any proposals for about 50 rounds, and I have no more events.
    By the way, the problem might be more the events problem than the confederation problem I guess (which is a distinct event).

For information, I am in a "very difficult" campaign / "normal" battles, at turn 103, and I have more than 54k prestige points.

I am at your disposal for any further details.
  • DodgeeRascal#6977DodgeeRascal#6977 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same issue in my Gelt campaign. Confederated Averland early on and since then haven't had a single prestige or elector count event. Now have multiple elector counts at 10 fealty but no confederate events popping. Been at least 20 maybe 30 turns since I confederated Averland.
  • #73654#73654 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 146
    Same here, in my Gelt campaign.
  • AstroCat#8920AstroCat#8920 Senior Member USARegistered Users Posts: 407
    Can confirm.
    Home/Gaming PC: : i7-10700K 4.9Ghz || Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC || G.SKILL 32GB Ripjaws V DR4 3200MHz || Fractal Design Define R5 ||Corsair HX1000i || LG 32GK850G 31.5" || BenQ G2400W 24" || Sound Blaster ZX || 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, 2TB || Saitek X52 Pro || TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro || Win10 Pro 64bit
  • tevors#4854tevors#4854 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Confirmed, two campaing same issue, still no fix from CA.
  • Horusalex#3150Horusalex#3150 Registered Users Posts: 21
    same, one event for confederate and nothing happens after
  • Ironink76#3412Ironink76#3412 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Same here.

After first confederation......nothing
  • CA_Tama#5904CA_Tama#5904 Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 238
    Hey there,

Issue is known and under investigation.

Thank you for your patience.

Tama ^-^
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Arasz87#4213Arasz87#4213 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Issue with empire confederation is fixed? When can we expect the problem to be solved?
  • MasterSayo01#2856MasterSayo01#2856 Registered Users Posts: 1,248

Issue with empire confederation is fixed? When can we expect the problem to be solved?

Let's hope that this issue is fixed in the patch 2.3. :*

We shall see.. :)
    For the Empire Reikland! Long live Emperor Karl Franz!

• Vanboom#2501Vanboom#2501 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Similar issues experienced after turning down a confederation (it had worked before that).

Also though, prior to turning confederation down and seemingly breaking it, I had also resurrected dead electors after retaking Hergig and Middenheim. Afterwards I reconquered Bechafen and it didn't give me the option to do the same.
  • dreagon#2903dreagon#2903 Senior Member Groningen, NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 2,292
    Still busted, I never even got a confederation offer. I did go around Middenland returning settlements to them.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • AstroCat#8920AstroCat#8920 Senior Member USARegistered Users Posts: 407
    Did you start a new game? Might need a fresh start for the fixed scripts to kick in.
    Home/Gaming PC: : i7-10700K 4.9Ghz || Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC || G.SKILL 32GB Ripjaws V DR4 3200MHz || Fractal Design Define R5 ||Corsair HX1000i || LG 32GK850G 31.5" || BenQ G2400W 24" || Sound Blaster ZX || 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, 2TB || Saitek X52 Pro || TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro || Win10 Pro 64bit
  • #12681#12681 Registered Users Posts: 9
    Patch 2.3 solved the problem, confederation is back for the empire
    At least for Karl, don't have tried for other lords for now

BUT:
    - the bug for turn penalties that was present in 2.1 (and solved in 2.2) is back: elector counts are offering confederations even if you already confederate another one less than 5 turns ago
    - I don't know if there is a link with confederation mechanics, but it seems that elector counts don't build up their provincial main cities beyond lvl 3. When all their cities (including the main one) are lvl 3, they stop building. I have confederated 8 counts in my game, all of them are concerned and at least half of them should have possibility to go at least lvl 4 for their capital.
    #12681 said:

Patch 2.3 solved the problem, confederation is back for the empire
    At least for Karl, don't have tried for other lords for now

BUT:
    - the bug for turn penalties that was present in 2.1 (and solved in 2.2) is back: elector counts are offering confederations even if you already confederate another one less than 5 turns ago
    - I don't know if there is a link with confederation mechanics, but it seems that elector counts don't build up their provincial main cities beyond lvl 3. When all their cities (including the main one) are lvl 3, they stop building. I have confederated 8 counts in my game, all of them are concerned and at least half of them should have possibility to go at least lvl 4 for their capital.

Ok, and thanks for your information. :)

And are you playing existing campaign in the Immortal Empires with the faction Empire Reikland, or start you a new campaign in the Immortal Empires with the faction Empire Reikland?

Because I still play the existing campaign with the faction Empire Reikland and with the Emperor Karl Franz.
    And so far, I did no confederation with an elector count, because 2 elector counts have fealty 8.
    And they must have fealty 10.

So, I must wait that one of them have fealty 10 for the confederation. :/

• #12681#12681 Registered Users Posts: 9
    I did start a new reikland campaign from the scratch after the 2.3 release
    #12681 said:

I did start a new reikland campaign from the scratch after the 2.3 release

Thank you for the information. :)

I shall see, what I must do, if the problems start with the confederation in my existing campaign of the Empire Reikland.

Then I have no choice to start a new campaign in the Immortal Empires with the faction Empire Reikland.

• HowTheStarsBurn#4488HowTheStarsBurn#4488 Registered Users Posts: 771
    This is still broken in 2.3, just happened again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file