Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can I pre-arrange my army to put melee in front?

sgtnasty#6286sgtnasty#6286 Registered Users Posts: 3
I am puzzled as to why ranged units are always placed in front of my melee before a battle. Is there a way to save my default deployment layout? (This is for the 1st Warhammer, I am playing them in order right now).
Tagged:

Comments

• Slayer_Yannir#8069Slayer_Yannir#8069 Registered Users Posts: 2,723
    In game 1, no. In game 3? Yes.

I can't recommend playing game 1. It hasn't been updated since 2017 aside from launcher updates. For example, the Empire has gotten new units, a new tech tree, different starting locations and lots more and none of that is in game 1 because they didn't retroactively implement them in game 1.
    Formerly known as Yannir. Oaths have been taken.
  • GettoGecko#7861GettoGecko#7861 Registered Users Posts: 1,686
    What you mean you play them "in order"? If you mean you bought all and startet playing the first one just skip it and play the third one because the games combine and you miss out all the faction reworks from game 2.

To your question, no you can't save default set ups but it only takes a few seconds to arrange your troops and for the battles you really need to fight you want to take the terrain and enemy set up into consideration so a default set up won't get you much as you would need to rearrage that too.
  • sgtnasty#6286sgtnasty#6286 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Sorry, I am new to the series and I thought to get a feel for all factions I would need to play all three titles. So you guys think I should just play Warhammer III?
  • Slayer_Yannir#8069Slayer_Yannir#8069 Registered Users Posts: 2,723

Sorry, I am new to the series and I thought to get a feel for all factions I would need to play all three titles. So you guys think I should just play Warhammer III?

If you have all 3 games, you get the Immortal Empires campaign for free. It combines the maps from all 3 games, and all the factions from all 3 games are playable on it. Which might sound overwhelming said like this but it really isn't. Start easy and just keep in mind which races belong to which game originally and you already have a rudimentary handle on things.

Without DLC it's 16 races total, with DLC it's 23 races. And counting.
    Formerly known as Yannir. Oaths have been taken.