Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cylostra is the worse LL in the game.

Yeetasaurus#9774Yeetasaurus#9774 Registered Users Posts: 20
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
She's one of the least played LL and her character design is cringe inducing. She's a fat ghost who sings, who thinks of this stuff? It makes the game feel cartoony and satirical when you have joke characters like this. Where's the grit?
Some people are into BBWs and that's cool, but lets not make a fetish into a LL.
Cylostra is a fat mess> please join the petition to erase her from the game
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• Ghettobible#3796Ghettobible#3796 Registered Users Posts: 333
    She's an interesting character but they should have given her a syreen hero and based her army around ethereal units. I also wasn't a fan of her mount even if it's cool.

Still she's a fun character and she's unique.
  • Slugus#5078Slugus#5078 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 933
    She has some cool unique ethereal Bretonnia summons and the LH she starts with (or gets soon after?) plus the unique building in Lothern is tasty. Played her campaign in Wh2 Vortex though and don't see any reason I'd ever go back for 2nds but far from feeling the need to post a weird forum hate post about her.
  • empirefemboy#6923empirefemboy#6923 Registered Users Posts: 62
    Well that's your opinion 💅
  • MalalTheRenegade#5644MalalTheRenegade#5644 Registered Users Posts: 920
    Yeah who would think a game based on Warhammer Fantasy battles could be cartoony and satirical ! What a shame !

But no worries, you can still pick those green hooligans sprouting from fungus or this edgy elf with mommy (and daddy) issues ! Or maybe those French speaking guys from Monthy Python ? They are no joke for sure.
  • Yeetasaurus#9774Yeetasaurus#9774 Registered Users Posts: 20

She's an interesting character but they should have given her a syreen hero and based her army around ethereal units. I also wasn't a fan of her mount even if it's cool.

Interestingly, her mount was the only thing I liked about her LOL!

She has some cool unique ethereal Bretonnia summons and the LH she starts with (or gets soon after?) plus the unique building in Lothern is tasty. Played her campaign in Wh2 Vortex though and don't see any reason I'd ever go back for 2nds but far from feeling the need to post a weird forum hate post about her.

It's because I like her faction but not her, she makes the faction unplayable for me which is a shame. I can't stand the singing nor the poor character design. Each to their own I suppose.

I think you're thinking of a different IP. Warhammer is full of joke characters, particularly fat ones. A goblin the size of a troll. A Fat Bastard homage. All of Nurgle.

Right, but the paunch is meant to be a fat disgusting pig, whereas Cylostra is just a generic fat woman, is there really any comparison LOL! You said it not me.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,960
    Who? Some speedbump that I wipe off the map or ignore?

Vampire Coast only has 2 LL's.
    Kneel

• Slayer_Yannir#8069Slayer_Yannir#8069 Registered Users Posts: 2,723

I think you're thinking of a different IP. Warhammer is full of joke characters, particularly fat ones. A goblin the size of a troll. A Fat Bastard homage. All of Nurgle.

Right, but the paunch is meant to be a fat disgusting pig, whereas Cylostra is just a generic fat woman, is there really any comparison LOL! You said it not me.
    I think it originates from the trope that opera singers often are big people, simply due to larger lung capacity making the style of singing easier for them.
    Formerly known as Yannir. Oaths have been taken.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 16,133
    Why does it feel more and more like bait.

Yeah who would think a game based on Warhammer Fantasy battles could be cartoony and satirical ! What a shame !

But no worries, you can still pick those green hooligans sprouting from fungus or this edgy elf with mommy (and daddy) issues ! Or maybe those French speaking guys from Monthy Python ? They are no joke for sure.

Warhammer fantasy is second rate to 40k for many reasons, but its childishness is certainly one of them.

True and it's funny because everyone know precisely who you're talking about, yet there are so many people who defend particularly Cylostra.
  • Pocman#6295Pocman#6295 Registered Users Posts: 5,761
    Her voice makes me want to smash things and is enough for me to not want to play her, but the rest of her design is ok.

I played through all 4. They are unique enough both with start positions and then the way they build and grow... however only one I would play again is the Count. What a beast. Love my transformer boat cheese for some stupidness OP fun to shake things up.

The others feel more like a once you've done it, no need to play again type situation. But I wouldn't say any of the others were more or less fun than the fat singing ghost lady.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,960
    That Sartosa one just needed human pirates, no undead. Its pretty unreal CA failed that one so hard.

The other one, isnt real, not from the lore, and shouldnt exist, especially when a ghost pirate DID exist, and it isnt her.
    Kneel

• NemoTheElf101#1472NemoTheElf101#1472 Registered Users Posts: 3,089

... I'm pretty sure does in fact give buffs automatically to syreens. Plus her knight is ethereal last I remember.

That Sartosa one just needed human pirates, no undead. Its pretty unreal CA failed that one so hard.

The other one, isnt real, not from the lore, and shouldnt exist, especially when a ghost pirate DID exist, and it isnt her.

True, CA failed so hard not having a LLD for a race that didn't exist in the setting... shame on them for coming out of no where and releasing an entire race for TWW with 4 LLD which was really enjoyable to play with unique mechanics. So much outrage over it!

The hard fails, I just... can't... even.

As for Sartosa, totally agree.
  • Vessinger#1693Vessinger#1693 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,058
    Yeah, I didn't care for the LL either. There were plenty of other existing characters they could have used, instead they came up with this ridiculous character that doesn't even fit in a pirate themed faction, with only the flimsy tie-in being that she died on a sea voyage.

So no history being a pirate, no history leading knights of Bretonnia, no history of leading anything, but as a ghost she decides to do all these things because reasons. And the ghosts of knights of Bretonnia answer to her because she happened to live there? Calling it tenuous would be giving it too much credit.

It's the sort of bad writing and character development that's ruining TV and movies these days. Just my opinion anyway.

Yeah, I didn't care for the LL either. There were plenty of other existing characters they could have used, instead they came up with this ridiculous character that doesn't even fit in a pirate themed faction, with only the flimsy tie-in being that she died on a sea voyage.

So no history being a pirate, no history leading knights of Bretonnia, no history of leading anything, but as a ghost she decides to do all these things because reasons. And the ghosts of knights of Bretonnia answer to her because she happened to live there? Calling it tenuous would be giving it too much credit.

It's the sort of bad writing and character development that's ruining TV and movies these days. Just my opinion anyway.

Said so well from a backstory point of view, couldn't agree more. Still was a fun campaign to play once.
  • Loreguy#1056Loreguy#1056 Registered Users Posts: 1,854
    There are better options for VCoast. Skretch or Vangheist.

I don't dislike her. She is just there instead of a better character.

For Aranessa I wish more mortal (and mutant) units.
  • DVersion#4761DVersion#4761 Member Registered Users Posts: 349
    Nah, she's the best one actually.
  • Lord_Zarkov#7252Lord_Zarkov#7252 Registered Users Posts: 2,033

She's one of the least played LL and her character design is cringe inducing. She's a fat ghost who sings, who thinks of this stuff? It makes the game feel cartoony and satirical when you have joke characters like this. Where's the grit?
    Some people are into BBWs and that's cool, but lets not make a fetish into a LL.

Cartoony and especially satirical is like 90% of WFB since it started.

Even the grit is cartoonish and satirical grit (cf Bretonnian peasants and their 90% tax rate or Skaven trying to blow up the moon).

She fits right at home within WFB’s style, even if she probably would be more suited as a WFRP villain than an empire builder.
  • Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,510
    edited October 2022
    Cylostra looks and feels like warhammer.

How i wish that catjay was as good rather than the trash we got.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,536

Warhammer fantasy is second rate to 40k for many reasons, but its childishness is certainly one of them.
    And 40K isn't childish? With Ork technology being based on the literal power of believe? Or characters like Trazyn?
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,536
    It had been a while since we had poop like this in the forum, and here I was thinking that it was long gone...
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Pede#6322Pede#6322 Registered Users Posts: 2,046
    Cartoony you say?

Have you met the Greenskins? Like,
    any of them..

There is room for comic relief in warhammer, and GW know this.

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,156
    Nah the worst LL is without a doubt Greasus.
  • overtly_cynical#2834overtly_cynical#2834 Registered Users Posts: 14
    I quite liked Cylotra's faction and I've no objection to her or the addition of original characters.

I hate Aranessa though. Lorewise it's an odd fit but I also think her skilltree is bland. Playing a faction where the only thing that can break is your lord is hardly a power fantasy

I quite liked Cylotra's faction and I've no objection to her or the addition of original characters.

I hate Aranessa though. Lorewise it's an odd fit but I also think her skilltree is bland. Playing a faction where the only thing that can break is your lord is hardly a power fantasy

There is also some sort of trash militia unit you can recruit that can break isn't there? Not that it makes it better...
This discussion has been closed.