Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cylostra is the worse LL in the game.

Comments

• JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,887
    She fits Warhammer perfectly. If silly characters like Grom, Greasus or half the Skaven roster are OK, Cylostra is OK.

In terms of fitting her race, she achieves that far better than Aranessa at least.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,833

Not even close by any measure.

Least effective: Greasus

Least Loreful: Daniel

Least Interesting Model: Alberic.

Comments like this "Some people are into BBWs and that's cool, but lets not make a fetish into a LL." make it pretty clear what your actual problem with Cylostra is. And that's a *you* problem and doesn't make the character bad.

Yeah. There's a lot of hyperbole around her that's just obvious sexism.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,960

The other one, isnt real, not from the lore, and shouldnt exist, especially when a ghost pirate DID exist, and it isnt her.

I hate to break it to you, but *none* of the lore is real. It doesn't exist. People make stuff up all the time.
    Without the lore, the canon, the game is lesser.
    I agree, which is why we shouldn't arbitrarily say that nobody's allowed to create *new* lore for the game.
    No, that isnt how it works.

Once every scrap of pre-existing lore and content is exhausted? Fine.

Till then? Stay out.
    So using that logic. Until pygmies are added, no new characters or races. I strongly disagree. Sometimes, new things are better than poorly implemented or designed old things.
    Not all lore, would ever be implemented, but yes lets reach for the clearly racist stuff as if that should 1, ever be done (it shouldnt) 2, ever will be done (it wont).

Zzzz.
    Kneel

• NemoTheElf101#1472NemoTheElf101#1472 Registered Users Posts: 3,089

The other one, isnt real, not from the lore, and shouldnt exist, especially when a ghost pirate DID exist, and it isnt her.

I hate to break it to you, but *none* of the lore is real. It doesn't exist. People make stuff up all the time.
    I agree, which is why we shouldn't arbitrarily say that nobody's allowed to create *new* lore for the game.

Till then? Stay out.
    So using that logic. Until pygmies are added, no new characters or races. I strongly disagree. Sometimes, new things are better than poorly implemented or designed old things.
    Not all lore, would ever be implemented, but yes lets reach for the clearly racist stuff as if that should 1, ever be done (it shouldnt) 2, ever will be done (it wont).

Zzzz.
    Then pick one. Either all lore matters or lore can change.

Negative.

Lore doesnt need to change, clearly racist things simply need never be mentioned or touched again.

There are decades of lore, dozens of characters, factions, units, regions, landmarks, all still waiting to be done.

Instead, we got Cathay, and Cylostra.
    Kneel

Negative.

Lore doesnt need to change, clearly racist things simply need never be mentioned or touched again.

There are decades of lore, dozens of characters, factions, units, regions, landmarks, all still waiting to be done.

Cathay, which *already existed in lore* and Cylostra, who was made to fit into a *preexisting faction*.

Lore always changes. There are characters, factions, and lore that's just bad and uninteresting, which is why they're not canonical anymore.

Negative.

Cathay, which *already existed in lore* and Cylostra, who was made to fit into a *preexisting faction*.

Lore always changes. There are characters, factions, and lore that's just bad and uninteresting, which is why they're not canonical anymore.
    The canon cannot change, the setting is 8th/ET. The end.

This game is not canon.
    Kneel

• MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,354

Till then? Stay out.

Zzzz.
    Whoa now, you're moving the goalposts. You said EVERY scrap... EVERY single scrap of existing lore has to be implemented first before the setting can be expanded upon. But now you are saying "Well obviously not that existing lore, we can skip THAT lore because it's bad, and any other lore I don't like can be ignored as well"
    edited October 2022

Whoa now, you're moving the goalposts. You said EVERY scrap... EVERY single scrap of existing lore has to be implemented first before the setting can be expanded upon. But now you are saying "Well obviously not that existing lore, we can skip THAT lore because it's bad, and any other lore I don't like can be ignored as well"

And? Can we put you in the shallow pool with whoever it was that wanted pigmies? I'll pass.
    Kneel

Negative.

The canon cannot change, the setting is 8th/ET. The end.

This game is not canon.
    Canon literally changed with every edition. It's never set in stone. Plenty of aspects of the game have nothing to do with 8th Edition or End Times.
  • MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,354

And? Can we put you in the shallow pool with whoever it was that wanted pigmies? I'll pass.
    I'd just like some consistency is all. Either the existing lore is a holy bible that cannot ever be touched or bent upon, or the setting is more malleable and can be adjusted and expanded upon if it enhances the setting.

I'd just like some consistency is all. Either the existing lore is a holy bible that cannot ever be touched or bent upon, or the setting is more malleable and can be adjusted and expanded upon if it enhances the setting.
    I'll put you in the camp of Pygmy includer then, with that other guy.

The lore is canon, yes, and should be prioritized over new stuff of dubious nuGW (or worse, CA driven) updates.
    Kneel

• OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231
    Nah... Arenessa or Daemon Prince. Those are the only answers I'm willing to accept as "Worse LL"
  • Warlord_Lu_Bu#2268Warlord_Lu_Bu#2268 Registered Users Posts: 3,210
    Nah, shes a decent character. She reminds me of an evil disney character back in the good ol days.
    "I am the punishment of Tengger, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chinghis Haan Temujin
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,156
    Itharus said:

Guys guys guys... she doesn't suck because she's a she, or an opera singer ghost, or a completely new character.

It's far simpler than that.

She sucks because she's Vampire Coast. That DLC is just bad. It's the only DLC put out in this entire series so far that I actively hate because it's terrible.

See? Don't hate Cylostra for her traits and quirks... hate Cylostra because she's a part of basically the only truly horrible DLC Total War Warhammer has experienced.

Best DLC so far. VCoast is simply amazing and incredibly popular.
  • Tyrant#1234Tyrant#1234 Registered Users Posts: 4,126
    1234 I declare a thumb war! 5678 I use this hand to mass-debate!
  • Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,510

The lore is canon, yes, and should be prioritized over new stuff of dubious nuGW (or worse, CA driven) updates.
    Oh mighty enlightened one please tell us more what lore is racist and what is not.

Tell us what shall never be implemented.

Tell us what to burn!

Anyone who disagrees is a racist. And shall be purged. Somehow.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,833

Awesome
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.

Oh mighty enlightened one please tell us more what lore is racist and what is not.

Tell us what shall never be implemented.

Tell us what to burn!

Anyone who disagrees is a racist. And shall be purged. Somehow.
    Nah, not saying that at all, dont hurt yourself reaching.

Instead, as I've said, we just would ignore it, not implement it, and move on.
    Kneel

• b_took#1657b_took#1657 Registered Users Posts: 387

Once every scrap of pre-existing lore and content is exhausted?

Hmmmm . . .
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,790

It makes the game feel cartoony and satirical when you have joke characters like this. Where's the grit?.

We have a kid born this century, who does not even realise the whole point of Warhammer is to be cartoony and satirical.

Like that’s what Warhammer is, fantasy silliness and cartoony satire…..

Yeah who would think a game based on Warhammer Fantasy battles could be cartoony and satirical ! What a shame !

But no worries, you can still pick those green hooligans sprouting from fungus or this edgy elf with mommy (and daddy) issues ! Or maybe those French speaking guys from Monthy Python ? They are no joke for sure.

Warhammer fantasy is second rate to 40k for many reasons, but its childishness is certainly one of them.
    Lol, that’s what makes Warhammer what it is and not dungeons and dragons.

Warhammer is a toy soldier game for children……
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!

Once every scrap of pre-existing lore and content is exhausted?

Hmmmm . . .
    Should go without saying we don't need racist caricature but well
    Kneel

Nah, shes a decent character. She reminds me of an evil disney character back in the good ol days.

Eah... I've got some quibbles about her back story, but the basic idea of her is fun and she's great to play. If she was only stitched into the fabric of the Warhammer Fantasy World a bit better I'd have nothing but praise for her.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,599
    edited October 2022

Eah... I've got some quibbles about her back story, but the basic idea of her is fun and she's great to play. If she was only stitched into the fabric of the Warhammer Fantasy World a bit better I'd have nothing but praise for her.
    She might though she is being featured in upcoming crucible 7 rpgs.

So her story might get more polish. Which it lacks sorely
    Post edited by saweendra#3399 on

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• AHumpierRogue#5296AHumpierRogue#5296 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,519
    I love cylostra, she's a perfect warhammer pop reference character. She is a tripple reference(at least).

1. As shown above, she's reminiscent of Ursula, another big evil water lady who sings.
    2. She's literally the epitome of "it's not over till the fat lady sings", a reference to that saying
    3. She's a ghost opera singer, she's literally a phantom of the opera.

Just because you can't imagine her as a waifu doesn't make her bad, your mind is just corrupted by modern political discourse that has no bearing on her creation and what she references.
    Formerly known as Krunch, in case you wonder where he went.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,120
    I love the way some random can decide what is canon as opposed to the company who makes the lore and product.

The lore cannot change.. tell that to Dark Imperium.

She might though she is being featured in upcoming crucible 7 rpgs.

So her story might get more polish. Which it lacks sorely
    Yeah there's a few things that I really felt weird about her. One was her Bretonnian Origin, she's clearly an Opera Singer but Opera isn't in line with Bretonnia's Anachronistic Character. She'd fit in better in Tilea or The Empire which are more representative of the time period of Opera.

The Second is Mathlann/Manann/Stromfels or any god raising her from the dead as a revenant. That's just not in the portfolio of the god of the seas, even if her life was lost at sea. It's just bad writing to undermine the verisimilitude of the setting to suddenly change the character of an important foundational character/god just for a silly little added character, especially when that gods intervention was entirely unnecessary as its entirely within the "rules" for her to have just come back as a ghost on her own. Aside from Nagash are there any gods that are actually gods of undead or in favor of undeath? If there is its an uncommon and more minor one, and it probably makes more sense for them to be bringing back the dead than the god of the sea.
  • overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,180
    Have you actually played her campaign? It's really good.
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.
  • Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,510
    The whole dlc was great. CA took a simple white dwarf list and made something fantastic.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • petertel123#3826petertel123#3826 Junior Member AmsterdamRegistered Users Posts: 1,048
    People who think that Warhammer is only full of serious characters must be smoking some good ****.

Warhammer is filled to the brim with slapstick nonsense. It basically defines the universe.
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
This discussion has been closed.