Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cylostra is the worse LL in the game.

1235»

Comments

• #842985#842985 Registered Users Posts: 97

She's one of the least played LL and her character design is cringe inducing. She's a fat ghost who sings, who thinks of this stuff? It makes the game feel cartoony and satirical when you have joke characters like this. Where's the grit?
    Some people are into BBWs and that's cool, but lets not make a fetish into a LL.

Maybe they didn't include her for fat-fetishists?

In fact, maybe the game developers didn't design the female characters based on how much players want to bang them at all(!)

Maybe... the problem is just you...
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,835
    edited October 2022

People who think that Warhammer is only full of serious characters must be smoking some good ****.

Warhammer is filled to the brim with slapstick nonsense. It basically defines the universe.

Grimdark with a big ol helping of silliness.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • #842985#842985 Registered Users Posts: 97

People who think that Warhammer is only full of serious characters must be smoking some good ****.

Warhammer is filled to the brim with slapstick nonsense. It basically defines the universe.

Grimdark with a big ol helping of silliness.
    Slapdark?
    Grimstick?

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Grimstick was a 4th edition Goblin character...

• Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,510
    edited October 2022
    One of warhammers greatest strengths is that it does not take itself to seriously.

Tiktaq'to etc etc
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Passthechips#4366Passthechips#4366 Registered Users Posts: 1,551
    TW:WH is not the table top game. It’s not eight edition, it’s not end times, it’s not the old world.

TW:WH is a total war game that uses the Warhammer TT as it’s inspiration. The quote that purists like to harp on is:

“Our primary source is Warhammer Fantasy Battles 8th Edition, although we have and will continue to use older editions for inspiration where appropriate.”

What those people seem to miss is the key words primary source. Primary does not mean only. CA has and will continue to create content that did not feature in the TT eighth edition rules, and some of that content might be new to the Warhammer setting (with GW’s blessing).

Fact of the matter is that characters like Cylostra, or the factions that have been fleshed out like Cathay are now equally apart of the Warhammer setting as any of the older established factions.

Whether you enjoy that or not is purely subjective.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,960
    #640471 said:

TW:WH is not the table top game. It’s not eight edition, it’s not end times, it’s not the old world.

TW:WH is a total war game that uses the Warhammer TT as it’s inspiration. The quote that purists like to harp on is:

“Our primary source is Warhammer Fantasy Battles 8th Edition, although we have and will continue to use older editions for inspiration where appropriate.”

What those people seem to miss is the key words primary source. Primary does not mean only. CA has and will continue to create content that did not feature in the TT eighth edition rules, and some of that content might be new to the Warhammer setting (with GW’s blessing).

Fact of the matter is that characters like Cylostra, or the factions that have been fleshed out like Cathay are now equally apart of the Warhammer setting as any of the older established factions.

Close, but no this game is not canon.
    Kneel

• Passthechips#4366Passthechips#4366 Registered Users Posts: 1,551

#640471 said:

Close, but no this game is not canon.
    Then complaining about canon vs. non-canon additions is pretty moot. One isn’t inherently better than the other. You know… subjective 😉
    #640471 said:

Then complaining about canon vs. non-canon additions is pretty moot.

At this stage I agree, 640471. The game isnt canon, so its mostly not worth the discussion.
    Kneel

• RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,142
    I like all of the Vampire Coast characters. I just don’t really enjoy playing the race. Cylostra is actually quite an interesting character design with something a bit different than just another slightly tweaked run of the mill lord.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Tennisgolfboll#5877Tennisgolfboll#5877 Registered Users Posts: 13,510

#640471 said:

At this stage I agree, 640471. The game isnt canon, so its mostly not worth the discussion.
    The only thing that matters in warhammer fantasy now is WHTW.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,732

#640471 said:

Considering GW provided a book for Cathay this is not entirely correct.
  • Bogdanov89#9316Bogdanov89#9316 Registered Users Posts: 1,163
    edited October 2022
    Gameplay wise Cylostra actually offers the VCoast a way of playing with a stronger infantry focus, instead of just gun spam.
    Her animations are hilarious, spellcasting okay and has a fun massive mount.
    Oh and she comes with an immortal Paladin hero and can summon ethereal bretonnian cavalry!

If you want to talk about the most useless & ugliest LLord in game, that is without a doubt Aranessa.
    Her model sucks, her skills suck, she actually loses in melee vs most generic lords (even red skink), she has no spell casting and SHE IS ALIVE meaning you can never heal her with vamp magic (not even when she is on a mount).
    Even with the added ogres to her roster her whole gimmick of "sartosa" is useless and awfully implemented.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • b_took#1657b_took#1657 Registered Users Posts: 387

Instead, as I've said, we just would ignore it, not implement it, and move on.

Once every scrap of pre-existing lore and content is exhausted?

Hmmmm . . .
    Should go without saying we don't need racist caricature but well
    It really should, which is why you shouldn't have been advocating for it with the "every scrap" comment.

The problem, of course, now being that having admitted exceptions to "every scrap", your original premise is bunk. It *is* okay to ignore lore and add new lore if there's a reason.

Those reasons are to be determined by the developer. Not any one individual's personal preference.

Hmmmm . . .
    It really should, which is why you shouldn't have been advocating for it with the "every scrap" comment.
    Me: "It should go without saying we dont include the racist stuff."
    You: "I agree, which is why you saying "everything" needs to be called out."
    Me: "I just said, it should go without saying, we dont include the racist stuff, and you agreed."
    You: "YES BUT?!"

lol sit down.
    Kneel

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,835

Hmmmm . . .
    Me: "I just said, it should go without saying, we dont include the racist stuff, and you agreed."

lol sit down.
    It's funny how hard people try to be offended.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,122

Hmmmm . . .

lol sit down.
    He’s merely suggesting you communicate better, if you come across as an obsessive nerd who believes every scrap should stay the same then people will think that. He’s accepted your correction.. he’s just suggesting you do better. Advocating improvement is never bad advice.
  • Yeetasaurus#9774Yeetasaurus#9774 Registered Users Posts: 20
    Nyxilis said:

If you're going to **** about cartoony in Warhammer because a fat lady sings then you're kinda being cringe. Greenskins are three quarters comedy and the Skaven run around in mouse wheels saying yes yes. Halfling fling food as artillery and half the Ogre Kingdom quotes are some kind of joke.

Swear some people are just fishing for dislikes.. I mean disagrees.

There's a fine line between having satirical tropes within your world building and implementing

Some amount of toxic fat-phobic misogynistic bile you inserted in your thread bro

Cylostra is amazing and the most fun V-Pirates LL by far

Utterly gobsmacking how some people want every single female character in their games be some sort of waifu...

We have so many male characters in game with a large body type, yet some people get their panties in a twist when ONE female character of size appears?

Ugh......You know what, i can´t even...

This thread is just toxic in the extreme

Being fat in warhammer is associated with being a messy and disgusting pig. Show me a fat male LL who is not also a pig.
    While Cylostra is an obvious attempt to show that women can also be fat disgusting pigs, I find that using her design as a statement, is apart of the satire this game is attempting to portray. She's funny because she is fat, is the joke, right?
    Cylostra is a fat mess> please join the petition to erase her from the game
  • Bobsyourankle#7897Bobsyourankle#7897 Registered Users Posts: 169

I quite liked Cylotra's faction and I've no objection to her or the addition of original characters.

I hate Aranessa though. Lorewise it's an odd fit but I also think her skilltree is bland. Playing a faction where the only thing that can break is your lord is hardly a power fantasy

There is also some sort of trash militia unit you can recruit that can break isn't there? Not that it makes it better...
    In game 2 Aranessa's skill lines could buff those militia units up to quite a respectable level (at least until confronted by high tier units and monsters). With vanguard deployment as well, they could inflict a fair amount of damage, particularly on an enemy gunline and by the time they broke and ran, the rest of your army would have arrived and Bessy would have torn the enemy a new one.
  • Nyxilis#3646Nyxilis#3646 Registered Users Posts: 7,732

Nyxilis said:

If you're going to **** about cartoony in Warhammer because a fat lady sings then you're kinda being cringe. Greenskins are three quarters comedy and the Skaven run around in mouse wheels saying yes yes. Halfling fling food as artillery and half the Ogre Kingdom quotes are some kind of joke.

Swear some people are just fishing for dislikes.. I mean disagrees.

There's a fine line between having satirical tropes within your world building and implementing

Some amount of toxic fat-phobic misogynistic bile you inserted in your thread bro

Cylostra is amazing and the most fun V-Pirates LL by far

Utterly gobsmacking how some people want every single female character in their games be some sort of waifu...

We have so many male characters in game with a large body type, yet some people get their panties in a twist when ONE female character of size appears?

Ugh......You know what, i can´t even...

This thread is just toxic in the extreme

Being fat in warhammer is associated with being a messy and disgusting pig. Show me a fat male LL who is not also a pig.
    While Cylostra is an obvious attempt to show that women can also be fat disgusting pigs, I find that using her design as a statement, is apart of the satire this game is attempting to portray. She's funny because she is fat, is the joke, right?
    Lol, you talk about fine lines then run right into the city dump and light it on fire.

Congrats on failure.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,797
    Closed due to dumpster fire.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

This discussion has been closed.