Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Combatting 2.2 crashes

#427116#427116 Registered Users Posts: 348
Hello all,

Here's my experience in what works to help mitigate the crashing damage.

1. verify your files on steam. Go to library>TWW3 on the left hand side>right click, go to properties>Local files tab>verify integrity of game files. let it run and repair anything that needs it. Seems to help some, still have some crashes after but not as frequent
2. Ctrl+S is your best friend. Constant quicksaves so you dont lose work is a necessary evil at this stage
3. Update your video drivers if you dont have a program that does it automatically. I will leave you to google this one.

So far that has made the game playable for me, it still crashes but since I dont lose a ton of work and It no longer crashes after <2 minutes consistently, its playable. Of course its only the overworld map that crashes for me so if yours crashes in battle it may be a different problem.
Hope this helps, leave your fixes or experience below.
Thanks for reading.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file