Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

When introducing Realms of Chaos in IE make it a king of the hill event

LeonArddog#7682LeonArddog#7682 Registered Users Posts: 10
Simple mechanic *homage* to warhammers 2 main campaign but instead you would only need to hold the Forge of Souls - one "settlement/region"

Where all 4 chaos factions would invade you periodically and to spice it up some other AI/contestants from the mortal plains would try to retake it from you. Hold the forge for *number of turns, ex:15* and you get a great reward!

If not this i would like to see some sort of a competition for the sword of Khaine to give a great leverage for another faction
3 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• LeonArddog#7682LeonArddog#7682 Registered Users Posts: 10
    edited November 2022
    Bonus i would also like to see the never ending wars of the 4 main chaos factions in RoC.

Like for example playing as Tzeentch you get the event to defend some parts of Tzeentch's realm giving you bonuses and debuffs while leaving your realm to suffer... Similiar to empires mechanics?
    Post edited by LeonArddog#7682 on
  • Nygrael#4849Nygrael#4849 Registered Users Posts: 100

Simple mechanic *homage* to warhammers 2 main campaign but instead you would only need to hold the Forge of Souls - one "settlement/region"

Where all 4 chaos factions would invade you periodically and to spice it up some other AI/contestants from the mortal plains would try to retake it from you. Hold the forge for *number of turns, ex:15* and you get a great reward!

If not this i would like to see some sort of a competition for the sword of Khaine to give a great leverage for another faction

I'm not sure, it feels like yet another settlement you need to park an army in...

Besides, mortals staying too long in Chaos Realms would mutate wildly, turning into Chaos Spawn at best and into a puddle of fully sentient goo at worst.

If anything, Chaos Realms should be a location you need to race through constant attrition and multiple armies, with a reward granted at the end depending how far you got before being kicked out.
  • LeonArddog#7682LeonArddog#7682 Registered Users Posts: 10
    edited November 2022
    Sorry for late reply Nygrael#4849, i disagree with a lot here.

Parking an army whether you like it or not the army is still in the chaos realms, busy. I had in mind too of a system giving you events while surviving atrition and multiple armies.

I'm no lore expert but the mutation argument feels easily exploited. Be it making up some kind of a protection or just lowering the number of turns required, or holding the portals instead, or having the risk of the mutation. You get the gist

I just would like some kind of a contest between all factions in holding the important point of the realms, taking and retaking.

My opinion is that simple mechanic would fit nice so you can focus more on the mortal realms, the main sandbox.

Post edited by LeonArddog#7682 on