Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dark Fortresses for Warriors of Chaos don't have walls if located in Norsca

Build: v2.2.1 17081. 2729987

Description:
After the last patch (2.2.1) for the game I noticed that Dark Fortresses located in Norsca region don't have any defensive systems (like walled settlement or minor settlement battles), they also don't have any way to create additional defenses (change the battle type for the settlement's defense). This problem is crucial for Warriors of Chaos, because their gameplay is based on independence from the settlements, which allows the player to play in a very aggressive way.

On the screenshots you could see that a Norscan major settlements has an attribute saying "adds defenses to the settlement" (which means it's able to have minor settlement battles), but the Dark Fortress doesn't have one, neither it has a "walled" pictogram.

The situation was checked by me a few times:
1) The bug only happens, when Dark Fortress is located in Norscan homeland regions (probably the same happens for Ogre and Wood Elf homelands, but I didn't have a chance to check it out)
2) The bug causes players to defended their most valuable settlements in field battels, which dramatically decreases the defensive potential of the settlements

Reproduction steps:
The bug could be checked in IE for Azazel's and Valkia's first Dark Fortresses after they are captured

Comments

• Schussel#7671Schussel#7671 Registered Users Posts: 1,039
    Do you think that is a bug or could it be that it is intentionally?

The description tells that walls are only added when outside Norsca, Oger or Wood Elf Homeland.
    And it happens not only to Chaos but to every Faction that has normally walls if the territory is Norsca, Oger or Wood Elf Homeland.
  • FedyaFed#8429FedyaFed#8429 Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited November 2022
    Schussel said:

Do you think that is a bug or could it be that it is intentionally?

The description tells that walls are only added when outside Norsca, Oger or Wood Elf Homeland.
    And it happens not only to Chaos but to every Faction that has normally walls if the territory is Norsca, Oger or Wood Elf Homeland.

Warriors of Chaos used to have walls in Norsca, when no other faction did (before the last patch). Also it doesn't make much sense to name a settlement "Dark Fortress" if there's no fortress. At last, all other factions have minor settlement battles in major settlements in Norsca, but Warriors of Chaos don't (and they have no instrument to have them). So, yes, I think it has to be a bug.

I suppose that earlier there was a system that prevented enforcement of the "Norscan homeland" rule over the Dark Fortresses for Warriors of Chaos, but now it doesn't apply.
    Post edited by FedyaFed#8429 on
  • Schussel#7671Schussel#7671 Registered Users Posts: 1,039
    I think its intentional because with the last patch CA made so much strange changes that killed the fun playing this game. Hoestly with WH3 they destroyed TW Warhammer for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file