Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Neferata/Walach Harkon/Zacharias/Ushoran DLC ideas

CountSpookula#8662CountSpookula#8662 Registered Users Posts: 67
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
Legendary-Lords:
Zacharias, the Everliving (Necrarch Bloodline)
Walach Harkon (Blood Dragon Bloodline)
Neferata (Lahmian Bloodline)
Ushoran, the Carrion King (Strigoi Bloodline)

Legendary-Heroes:
Konrad von Carstein

Units:
~Von Carsteins Bloodline Associated Units~
Sylvanian Levy Swordsmen (Shielded)
Sylvanian Levy Spearmen (Shielded)
Sylvanian Levy Sentinels (Halberds)
Sylvanian Crossbowmen
Sylvanian Handgunners
Drakenhof Templars (RoR Blood Knights)

~Strigoi Bloodline Associated Units~
Strigany Oracle (Hero)
Strigany Caravan
Strigany Foragers (Light Cavalry)
Strigany Horse Archers (Light Missile Cavalry)

~Lahmian Bloodline Associated Units~
Lahmian Thralls
Neferata’s Handmaidens
Coven-Throne
Tomb Guard (RoR Limited Pool for Neferata?)

~Necrarch Bloodline Associated Units~
Patchwork Men
Patchwork Abomination
Abyssal Terrors

~Blood Dragon Bloodline Associated Units~
Blood Dragon Footknights (Sword and Shield)
Blood Dragon Footknights (Dual Sword)
Blood Dragon Footknights (Great Weapons)
Blood Knights on Hellsteeds?

~Miscellaneous Units~
Spirit Hosts
Grave Guard (Halberds)

Mechanics:
~Sylvania Faction~
Starts in Drakenhof
-Altered Elector Counts Mechanic for Vlad/Isabella (No Confederations, perhaps blood-kiss/vassalization)
-Unique Dilemma’s and Events for Vlad/Isabella regarding the Imperial Counties/Sylvania
-Sylvanian Levies sylvania faction-exclusive
-Sylvania Garrisons reworked to include majority mortal levy units
-Path in some form for Vlad to become recognized as an Elector Count similar to the End Times for relations with Empire ect.

~Lahmia/Neferata Faction~
Starts in Lahmia
-Vampire Covens for spreading corruption, improving relations, and/or siphoning income (Like skaven undercities or VC)
-Expanded/Improved Agent Abilities

~Strigos Empire/Strogi Faction~
Starts in Morgheim
-Mechanic based around restoring Strigos (Similar to WoC Norscan Homeland mechanic mixed with Alarielle’s?)

~Necrarch Faction~
Starts in ???
-Can collect the Books of Nagash
-Flesh Laboratory unit upgrade mechanic + access to unique Zombie clot units

~Blood Dragon Faction~
Starts in the Blood Keep (Or somewhere else with a vital Landmark at Blood Keep)
-Thirst for Blood Meter Mechanic, feeding gives bonuses, failing to fight consistent battles gives penalties
-Dragon/Beast encounters/quest battles can give immunity to the negative effects of thirst for blood (Similar to Hellebron)

~Miscellaneous~
-Reworked Bloodlines/Blood Kiss race-wide Mechanic

Note: While Patchwork Men were in earlier editions as frankenstein flesh-zombie units, I will admit the Patchwork abomination is entirely made up on my part to further fill the Necrarchs, inspiration is from DND:

What are your guys thoughts on a Champions of Chaos style Vampire Counts DLC? What would you add or remove from my list? I'd love to hear your guys thoughts
Post edited by CountSpookula#8662 on

Comments

• JToegiTheSnotling#6624JToegiTheSnotling#6624 Registered Users Posts: 2,410
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,264
    There's several other VC units from the TT and lore that can be added, particularly of the Necrarch variety. Abyssal Terrors (not to be confused with Dread Abyssals) and Wickermen for instance. Blood Dragons also had access to Skeleton Bowmen and Trebuchets unlike the other bloodlines.
  • CountSpookula#8662CountSpookula#8662 Registered Users Posts: 67
    Interesting, I forgot about the Blood Dragon's bit, I decided Wickermen were a bit obscure to add in to my list, Abyssal Terrors must've been an error on my part, thanks for reminding me.
  • WhySoSalty#3990WhySoSalty#3990 Registered Users Posts: 1,524
    there is room for more units but other than that yep i would buy it instantly
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

What units would you have in mind? Or were you more so thinking new units?
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231

Why the hell would I want Foot Knights with the Blood Dragons? The Blood Dragons whole stick is that they are undead Bretonnia.

• Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,383
    edited November 2022

There's several other VC units from the TT and lore that can be added, particularly of the Necrarch variety. Abyssal Terrors (not to be confused with Dread Abyssals) and Wickermen for instance. Blood Dragons also had access to Skeleton Bowmen and Trebuchets unlike the other bloodlines.

Give me all of them.

Why the hell would I want Foot Knights with the Blood Dragons? The Blood Dragons whole stick is that they are undead Bretonnia.

Some Bretonnian knights do fight dismounted.
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 3,052
    Skeptical about having Walach here. If Neferata, Ushoran, Zacharias (who in this case may be Melkhior who in reality was W'Soran bodysurfing...maybe or just give in Melkhior), then add in instead Abhorash. Guy finally needs to have a model.

Bretonnia also has Foot Knights. When situations require it, they will fight on foot alongside the peasants.
    Monfort has the largest amount of them due to its mountainous regions.
  • BaronRodney#9956BaronRodney#9956 Registered Users Posts: 1,307
    I really think that Neferata should start in Silver Pinnacle and have her objective to take Lahmia and wipe out Khalida.

I do like the idea of a 4 lord pack for Vampires though. Or even a 1x1 pack. I want the bloodlines in the game but I also would prefer if they were done justice, I wouldn't want 4 lords added with barebones (or worse: no) mechanics.
  • Sagez#6761Sagez#6761 Registered Users Posts: 578

I really think that Neferata should start in Silver Pinnacle and have her objective to take Lahmia and wipe out Khalida.

I do like the idea of a 4 lord pack for Vampires though. Or even a 1x1 pack. I want the bloodlines in the game but I also would prefer if they were done justice, I wouldn't want 4 lords added with barebones (or worse: no) mechanics.

Exactly, after CoC DLC I don't want another 4 Lords Packs with no mechanics.
  • Heretical_Cactus#7598Heretical_Cactus#7598 Registered Users Posts: 3,037

The VCoast has the Depth Guard who are Blood Dragon Vampires
    I would still prefer on the grand odrer to things to limit the number of 4Lord dlcs.

For VCount I'd see 2 Dlc/Flc:

Neferata vs Cathay or Kislev
    With Blood Dragon Flc (Moving the Red Duke in Araby, and putting Walash)

And then later (2/3 year from now)

Zachariash vs Aekold Hellbrass
    With Strigoi Flc
  • Grba#3181Grba#3181 Registered Users Posts: 602
    Need Abhorash is some form....

• WhySoSalty#3990WhySoSalty#3990 Registered Users Posts: 1,524

What units would you have in mind? Or were you more so thinking new units?
    pretty much what Wyvax said + zombie dragon is an option. everything else like Morghast should be bound to a possible Nagash pack
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

Skeptical about having Walach here. If Neferata, Ushoran, Zacharias (who in this case may be Melkhior who in reality was W'Soran bodysurfing...maybe or just give in Melkhior), then add in instead Abhorash. Guy finally needs to have a model.

Bretonnia also has Foot Knights. When situations require it, they will fight on foot alongside the peasants.
    I considered it, but Walach founded the Blood Dragon's & Blood Keep and played in active role in many conflicts such as the vampire wars
    edited November 2022

Give me all of them.

No they do not have Foot Knights. Foot Knight implies that they fight on foot as a preference as their normative means of engaging in battle. That is not true for Bretonnia. Bretonnia has never had a dismounted Knight Unit. Bretonnian knights broadly speaking never fight dismounted unless its impossible to fight mounted.

Stop lying about the lore, stop debasing the setting.
  • Beytran70#7597Beytran70#7597 Registered Users Posts: 429

Give me all of them.

No they do not have Foot Knights. Foot Knight implies that they fight on foot as a preference as their normative means of engaging in battle. That is not true for Bretonnia. Bretonnia has never had a dismounted Knight Unit. Bretonnian knights broadly speaking never fight dismounted unless its impossible to fight mounted.

They do according to two sources. Whether you view them as canon or not is up for debate, but does not matter in this context because CA could pull from them if desired or just ask GW who would likely approve it.
  • Pocman#6295Pocman#6295 Registered Users Posts: 5,761
    Oh god, no. Not a COC style lord pack ever again.

And sop trying to make the bloodlines something they weren't

Give me all of them.

They do according to two sources. Whether you view them as canon or not is up for debate, but does not matter in this context because CA could pull from them if desired or just ask GW who would likely approve it.
    Oh yeah... What do those sources say exactly? Because I call BS, I think your misrepresenting the source material and that it doesn't actually conflict with my statements at all.
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,264
    So I made a similar thread a while back and I completely forgot about two things and @WhySoSalty#3990 jogged my memory by mentioning the zombie dragon. But in addition to the new and flashy things such as the Coven Thrones, Abyssal Terrors and Patchwork men, it would be pretty neat to have a couple of undead versions of units that exist elsewhere in the game, namely a zombie giant and a zombie/bone hydra. The former just seems like a no brainer and has some excellently gruesome costom minis that people have made over the years and the latter had a miniture in Dreadfleet as well as appeared in the concept art and gameplay of Warhammer Age of Reckoning.

Also, just a PS. I prefer Vorag Bloodytooth over Ushoran from a storytelling perspective, but that's just personal opinion of mine.
    besides, the idea that cavalrymen NEVER fight on foot or dismount in battle is absurd, it's highly requested and many mods and overhauls add them, which is my reasoning for including them.

So I made a similar thread a while back and I completely forgot about two things and @WhySoSalty#3990 jogged my memory by mentioning the zombie dragon. But in addition to the new and flashy things such as the Coven Thrones, Abyssal Terrors and Patchwork men, it would be pretty neat to have a couple of undead versions of units that exist elsewhere in the game, namely a zombie giant and a zombie/bone hydra. The former just seems like a no brainer and has some excellently gruesome costom minis that people have made over the years and the latter had a miniture in Dreadfleet as well as appeared in the concept art and gameplay of Warhammer Age of Reckoning.

Also, just a PS. I prefer Vorag Bloodytooth over Ushoran from a storytelling perspective, but that's just personal opinion of mine.

I like these, I'd love to see something of that sort

Give me all of them.

They exist in lore. The RPGs are canon, there are even art pieces of them and knights in real life also went on foot in specific situations. Stop denying reality like you did with Rune Guardians and Golems for Dwarfs.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,629

Noteworthy that the Dreadfleet Bone Hydra is not a "undead" normal Hydra as the WFRP showed at a later point
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/3488849/#Comment_3488849

-----Red Dox

Give me all of them.

Oh yeah... What do those sources say exactly? Because I call BS, I think your misrepresenting the source material and that it doesn't actually conflict with my statements at all.
    Just from looking at the wiki you can find a quote from the Bretonnia novels where a squire is getting talked down to for insisting a knight should never fight on foot even in circumstances where it would be superior, then there is also the dukedom of Montfort which is mountainous and its knights fight mostly on foot in such terrain.

Some other more vague sources include older army books where knights could take a vow that put them on foot, then if you look in more detail at Bretonnia's lore characters you find that most of their big fights against other characters occur on foot and they still do just fine.

So as for your very specific interpretation of Foot Knight, we have at least one dukedom that does field them as a preference in their normative means of engaging in battle, because the terrain of their lands makes it more useful. Considering other very small bits of lore CA has used to justify inclusions in the past (Not to mention lore they just make up) I'd say thats more than enough to fit them in.

Honestly the gameplay arguments are more valid than the lore arguments imo, and in that regard I am torn. I generally think it would be a good idea mostly because CA has shown little regard to faction identity or overall balance recently and Bretonnia has fallen behind quite a ways compared to newer or reworked factions. Even if they were introduced with unit caps or something I think it'd be nice.

Give me all of them.

Just from looking at the wiki you can find a quote from the Bretonnia novels where a squire is getting talked down to for insisting a knight should never fight on foot even in circumstances where it would be superior, then there is also the dukedom of Montfort which is mountainous and its knights fight mostly on foot in such terrain.

Some other more vague sources include older army books where knights could take a vow that put them on foot, then if you look in more detail at Bretonnia's lore characters you find that most of their big fights against other characters occur on foot and they still do just fine.

So as for your very specific interpretation of Foot Knight, we have at least one dukedom that does field them as a preference in their normative means of engaging in battle, because the terrain of their lands makes it more useful. Considering other very small bits of lore CA has used to justify inclusions in the past (Not to mention lore they just make up) I'd say thats more than enough to fit them in.

Honestly the gameplay arguments are more valid than the lore arguments imo, and in that regard I am torn. I generally think it would be a good idea mostly because CA has shown little regard to faction identity or overall balance recently and Bretonnia has fallen behind quite a ways compared to newer or reworked factions. Even if they were introduced with unit caps or something I think it'd be nice.
    Even the End Time have the GK fight Mano a mano against Daemon on foot

Give me all of them.

He's just going to say "non-canon" or that they still don't directly counter what he says. Add in a little "lore purity" for spice, too. That's why this kind of conversation is pointless, plus CA's fuzzy relationship with the lore anyways. Not to mention with The Old World coming, GW may have some new Bretonnia stuff in mind that they'll let CA in on which could very well include Foot Knights.

Give me all of them.

Give me all of them.

Give me all of them.

He's just going to say "non-canon" or that they still don't directly counter what he says. Add in a little "lore purity" for spice, too. That's why this kind of conversation is pointless, plus CA's fuzzy relationship with the lore anyways. Not to mention with The Old World coming, GW may have some new Bretonnia stuff in mind that they'll let CA in on which could very well include Foot Knights.
    Tengri even forgot about the fact that there are Blood Dragon Vampire Lord models on foot. So why shouldn't Blood Knights who are Blood Dragons themselves not fight on foot? Same with Brets since there are sources, vows and art where they are on foot.

Very first sentence. Bretonnia's Knights are MOUNTED WARRIORS, VERY FEW WOULD FIGHT ON FOOT.

Knights of Montfort don't fight on foot because they prefer it @Beytran70#7597 They do it because its not possible to fight mounted in the Mountains, give them a field or even a forest and they'd mount up. The very fact that Gisoreux and Artois which are heavily forested and thus less than ideal for mounted combat make no mention of frequently going on foot is telling.

Remember my original statement.
    Bretonnian knights broadly speaking never fight dismounted unless its impossible to fight mounted.
    Yes they don't ride their horses in dungeons or on ramparts, they don't ride them inside castles or on boats, they don't ride them in swamps or on mountains (although I'm sure some daft ones would try).

Give me all of them.

Give me all of them.

Give me all of them.

Tengri even forgot about the fact that there are Blood Dragon Vampire Lord models on foot. So why shouldn't Blood Knights who are Blood Dragons themselves not fight on foot? Same with Brets since there are sources, vows and art where they are on foot.

There's different Blood Dragons, they are all from around the world, but the most distinct thing about them when you could take them in 6th edition was that they could be "Undead Bretonnia", Use the Lance Formation, and bring Skeleton Archers.

You could also take them as a more Generic force that barely differed from generic Vampire Counts but why on earth would I want that? That's exactly what we already have.

This isn't even the definition of a Foot Knight... this is the definition of a Mounted Knight dismounting when situation requires it.

This isn't even the definition of a Foot Knight... this is the definition of a Mounted Knight dismounting when situation requires it.
    So they exist. If ordered to, this unit of Knight will fight on foot.