Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Neferata/Walach Harkon/Zacharias/Ushoran DLC ideas

13»

Comments

• Heretical_Cactus#7598Heretical_Cactus#7598 Registered Users Posts: 3,037

Told you the conversation is pointless and also unrelated to the discussion at hand, so I will bow out here.

Sorry it devolved so hard because someone doesn't like the idea that a knight must do some things on foot.
    No I'm perfectly comfortable that sometimes Knights dismount... that doesn't make them "Foot Knights" which implies their normative means of battle is on Foot, when fighting on foot is the exception not the rule.
    Foot knight is just easier to say than:

Dismounted Grail Knight
    Dismounted Questing Knight
    Dismounted Knight Errant

And for simplicity reason those would work better as separate units rather than a Mechanic where you can unmount your Knight
    So you still want units of Knights running around on foot in every possible situation, even though that's entirely out of character for Bretonnia.
    *looks at Markus Paladin Hero*

You lost mate. Take the L and move on.
    Yes... and how many of those Vermintide maps are.... Suitable for mounted combat? Not to mention that Kruber isn't even Bretonnian.

Kruber riding around inside Castle Drachenfels? On the Streets of Bogenhalfen? In the mines of a Karak?

Sorry your delusional... and a big L.
    Reading comprehension clearly isn’t your thing.

When did I ever mention Vermintide? I’m talking about Markus Wulfharts Paladin Hero.
    To be honest, I too though about Markus Kruber from Vt2, who does end up as a Grail Knight
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,156

Told you the conversation is pointless and also unrelated to the discussion at hand, so I will bow out here.

Sorry it devolved so hard because someone doesn't like the idea that a knight must do some things on foot.
    No I'm perfectly comfortable that sometimes Knights dismount... that doesn't make them "Foot Knights" which implies their normative means of battle is on Foot, when fighting on foot is the exception not the rule.

Dismounted Grail Knight
    Dismounted Knight Errant

And for simplicity reason those would work better as separate units rather than a Mechanic where you can unmount your Knight
    So you still want units of Knights running around on foot in every possible situation, even though that's entirely out of character for Bretonnia.

Yes... and how many of those Vermintide maps are.... Suitable for mounted combat? Not to mention that Kruber isn't even Bretonnian.

Kruber riding around inside Castle Drachenfels? On the Streets of Bogenhalfen? In the mines of a Karak?

When did I ever mention Vermintide? I’m talking about Markus Wulfharts Paladin Hero.
    To be honest, I too though about Markus Kruber from Vt2, who does end up as a Grail Knight
    “Markus heroes” is a general term to describe his hunters. I never played Vermintide 2.
  • #153592#153592 Registered Users Posts: 323
    OdTengri#8235 saied : "Regardless they also had Cannons and Arquebus in 3rd edition, and no Grail Knights or Lady of the Lake either.

Sorry mate but 3rd edition is proto Warhammer Fantasy Battles by the time of 8th edition and none of it is remotely canon at this point.".

Personally I have no problem with that, because we can easily imagine that the version that was offered to us in the 3rd edition or in the Role Play Game, was another older era of Bretonnia, where the cult of the Lady of the Lake was less powerful, and where the cult of Manann was predominant. Because there are several cults normally in Bretonnia, even if now it is the Cult of the Lady of the Lake which dominates very largely.

Represented by the character of Alberic de Bordeleaux, and the fact that he is a sailor and a servant of Manann, we can easily make the 2 versions believable, and we could even give him access to some powder weapon units ( a bit like the Free Company Militia from Sartosa or Imperial, Handgunners and cannons) because the Bretonnia Navy is known to use cannons in Manowar for example and it is a very powerful maritime faction. Of course this would be to the detriment of Lady of the Lake related units (Battle Pilgrims, Grail Reliquary, Grail Knights and Guardians, and Hippogryph Knights and Royal Pegasus Knights) so potentially a huge gameplay change but would allow for more variation and new units, these 2 elements being often requested by the players.

• Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,629

Regardless they also had Cannons and Arquebus in 3rd edition, and no Grail Knights or Lady of the Lake either.

Sorry mate but 3rd edition is proto Warhammer Fantasy Battles by the time of 8th edition and none of it is remotely canon at this point.

Foot Knights don't exist by the time of 8th edition Bretonnia, not in the way that your advocating. Not anymore than Half-Orcs and Gnomes.

While I partly agree, it might be worth pointing out:
    http://www.solegends.com/citrr/1rr02origo/index.htm
    https://totalwarwarhammer.fandom.com/wiki/Knights_of_Origo

And yeah at some point Bretonnia had footknights.

http://solegends.com/citcat1991b/cat1991bp232brettinf-00.htm

And while I don't see Half-Orcs making a comeback, WFRP 4th had dug up Gnomes in recent years ;)

------Red Dox
  • SkyMagicx#2091SkyMagicx#2091 Registered Users Posts: 9
    For Neferata and Lahmia I would just add a mechanic like Cao Cao's in 3 kingdoms, with schemes and such.
    Apart from that I like the idea of the DLC and giving Vlad a chance of becoming Elector Count/Emperor through special mechanic !
    Sadly don't know the lore well enough to propose mechanics for the other vampire bloodlines.
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 3,052
    edited November 2022

Regardless they also had Cannons and Arquebus in 3rd edition, and no Grail Knights or Lady of the Lake either.

Sorry mate but 3rd edition is proto Warhammer Fantasy Battles by the time of 8th edition and none of it is remotely canon at this point.

Foot Knights don't exist by the time of 8th edition Bretonnia, not in the way that your advocating. Not anymore than Half-Orcs and Gnomes.

While I partly agree, it might be worth pointing out:
    http://www.solegends.com/citrr/1rr02origo/index.htm
    https://totalwarwarhammer.fandom.com/wiki/Knights_of_Origo

And yeah at some point Bretonnia had footknights.

http://solegends.com/citcat1991b/cat1991bp232brettinf-00.htm

And while I don't see Half-Orcs making a comeback, WFRP 4th had dug up Gnomes in recent years ;)

------Red Dox
    The loremaster came and this settles it. There is literally no reason for Foot Knights to not be included. And by that extension other cavalry units on foot including Blood Dragons on foot (not to mention the footed variants of Reiksguard forces and more).
    PS: Wanted to post Foot Knight models, but you did it before me and posted painted ones to boot. Glad you settled it.

For Neferata and Lahmia I would just add a mechanic like Cao Cao's in 3 kingdoms, with schemes and such.
    Apart from that I like the idea of the DLC and giving Vlad a chance of becoming Elector Count/Emperor through special mechanic !
    Sadly don't know the lore well enough to propose mechanics for the other vampire bloodlines.

I thought of Neffy's mechanic as more of a combination of Cao-Cao's scheming mechanic, the Influence/Presitge mechanics as well as Sniktch's dealings all combined into one big Mastermind mechanic that would allow to show Neferata as the Spy Master she is in lore. Bonus for Vampire Coves as a thing for all vampire factions and especially her and her Lahmians to synch even better with the seductive Spy Master theme.
    As long as she can steal mortal heroes to make Swains I'm OK with anything
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 38,156

As long as she can steal mortal heroes to make Swains I'm OK with anything

I expect something similar to Be’Lakors corruption mechanic.
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231

Dismounted Grail Knight
    Dismounted Knight Errant

Markus Palidin Hero....

Kruber's First name is Markus, he has a Grail Knight Career in Vermintide, simple misunderstanding but thanks for the insults you daft fool. Clearly your just not very versed in the lore.

https://vermintide2.fandom.com/wiki/Markus_Kruber

Dismounted Grail Knight
    Dismounted Knight Errant

“Markus heroes” is a general term to describe his hunters. I never played Vermintide 2.
    Maybe, but the U5 are way more known to the community than those guys
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231

------Red Dox

Terrible Idea, but whatever. GW is going SJW.... in a setting which was built upon the idea of Gynocidal Puritanical Religious Zealots in SPACE.

Its almost as if the New Guard at GW either, 1. Don't understand their original product -or- 2. Realize their product is out of sync with the current zeitgeist.
    edited November 2022

------Red Dox

Terrible Idea, but whatever. GW is going SJW.... in a setting which was built upon the idea of Gynocidal Puritanical Religious Zealots in SPACE.

Its almost as if the New Guard at GW either, 1. Don't understand their original product -or- 2. Realize their product is out of sync with the current zeitgeist.
    Alternative. Or they are bringing back old stuff and updating it to current times.
    40K is sadly dead to me after 7th ED, but Fantasy is finally getting the expansion that was overdue.

Edit: You simply can't get over the fact that things that used to be can be brought back.
    Post edited by Ben1990#8909 on
  • Lord_Zarkov#7252Lord_Zarkov#7252 Registered Users Posts: 2,033

------Red Dox

Tbh you’ve rather got the wrong end of the stick wrt gnomes.

They got brought back to WFRP 4th Ed initially by C7 and Graeme Davis (one of the original creators of the WFB setting) in the second book they released, however it seems that once GW announced TOW they put the kibosh on Gnomes appearing again.

E.g. in one of the Enemy Within companions they reprint a scenario from 1st Ed that originally featured a gnome and the character was changed to a halfling instead (as they were in 2nd Ed WFRP).

Also, this is WFRP so even Gnomes are suitably grim and perilous (and highly xenophobic).