Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

AI dodging artillery before it even fires is not "smart" AI behavior

cersbsb#2301cersbsb#2301 Registered Users Posts: 106
I don't understand why CA insists on keeping the precognition on the AI in regards to artillery in any capacity. It is extremely frustrating and cheesable anyway. All you need to do is blob the AI with a couple of heroes and the problem is solved. What frustrates me so much about this is that it makes the artillery units perform in nonsensical ways. Whereas historically, artillery was most effective on the approach and almost useless when the armies are already engaged in battle; in WH3 they are almost useless on the approach and extremely useful when the armies are engaged in melee. Why is this still in the game?
Tagged:

Comments

• saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,569
    All of it is cheesble ture.

But the player can do it to go legend mode and dodge

Just play on easy battle difficulty than i would much rather face better ai than a worthless ai.

And hopefully they do these kind of improvements further and get rid of the silly stat cheats ai gets in higher difficulty

Just make ai play better.

Next up ca

Please make ai use vanguard units betteror use vanguard more frequently

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• cersbsb#2301cersbsb#2301 Registered Users Posts: 106

Just play on easy battle difficulty than i would much rather face better ai than a worthless ai.

And hopefully they do these kind of improvements further and get rid of the silly stat cheats ai gets in higher difficulty

Next up ca

That's not AI "playing better" it's AI playing unrealistically. The only thing this does is that it makes artillery only useful when the AI is already engaged in melee, which is incredibly stupid design for artillery units. AI should not be able to predict your artillery shots to the point of making them useless on the approach. The approach is exactly when artillery should be most useful.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,569
    edited November 2022

Next up ca

That's not AI "playing better" it's AI playing unrealistically. The only thing this does is that it makes artillery only useful when the AI is already engaged in melee, which is incredibly stupid design for artillery units. AI should not be able to predict your artillery shots to the point of making them useless on the approach. The approach is exactly when artillery should be most useful.
    I mean you can quite reasonably zone out key units with arty

Unlike human it doesn’t know when not to dodge.

Which is essentially the same thing if the key units don't fight than you have much clearer path to victory. Since ai doesn't doomstack as much it used to in wh2

There is or was very little realism in tw games in general.

And i would much rather fight legend type ai than completely pathetically useless ai.

Post edited by saweendra#3399 on

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc