Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

These Grail Knight shields have been in the game-files since TWW1…

Endless_Serpent#7195Endless_Serpent#7195 Registered Users Posts: 151
edited December 2022 in General Discussion
Like title says, these shields appear to have been available for Grail Knights since game 1, yet they’ve never been able to use them in the base game.

Considering how amazing they look and how close they are to the shields they had on tabletop, I’m confused why CA never implemented them. Hopefully they see this post lol

"I give my body, heart and soul, to the Lady whom I seek. No plea for help shall find me wanting. No obstacle will stand before me. No evil will taint the lands bequeathed unto me. When the clarion call is sounded, I will ride out and fight in the name of Liege and Lady. That which is sacrament, I shall preserve. That which is sublime, I will protect. That which threatens, I will destroy, for my holy wrath will know no bounds. Honour is all. Chivalry is all. Rejoice, for we, the Knights of Bretonnia... will be your shield."

Comments

• Endless_Serpent#7195Endless_Serpent#7195 Registered Users Posts: 151
    Imo, adding these into the base game would definitely make Grail Knights look more like Grail Knights, and not just Knights of the Realm with capes and glowing lances lol
    "I give my body, heart and soul, to the Lady whom I seek. No plea for help shall find me wanting. No obstacle will stand before me. No evil will taint the lands bequeathed unto me. When the clarion call is sounded, I will ride out and fight in the name of Liege and Lady. That which is sacrament, I shall preserve. That which is sublime, I will protect. That which threatens, I will destroy, for my holy wrath will know no bounds. Honour is all. Chivalry is all. Rejoice, for we, the Knights of Bretonnia... will be your shield."
  • AHumpierRogue#5296AHumpierRogue#5296 Registered Users Posts: 5,597
    I'd post this to the reddit and try and get the word out. This would not be the first time a model was sitting in the files waiting to be used(Remember Allistair's Axe?)
    Formerly known as Krunch, in case you wonder where he went.
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231

Like title says, these shields appear to have been available for Grail Knights since game 1, yet they’ve never been able to use them in the base game.

Considering how amazing they look and how close they are to the shields they had on tabletop, I’m confused why CA never implemented them. Hopefully they see this post lol

What about those amazing Vamp Shields?
  • #28957#28957 Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Grail Knights in general are one those old units in dire need of visual overhaul. They need to look more regal, because right now they are just normal Knights of the Realm with diffirent crests on their helmets.
    Now I am known as "numbers".
  • TancredIIQuenelles#3970TancredIIQuenelles#3970 Registered Users Posts: 1,517
    They also need grails on capes as paladin and special heraldry on barding

• Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Registered Users Posts: 18,059
    May the Lady's light shine upon them and bring the glory these shields offer.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Registered Users Posts: 39,620
    #28957 said:

Grail Knights in general are one those old units in dire need of visual overhaul. They need to look more regal, because right now they are just normal Knights of the Realm with diffirent crests on their helmets.

And they should be a low entity unit. Basically a cavalry version of Aspiring Champions.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • #28957#28957 Registered Users Posts: 2,863

#28957 said:

And they should be a low entity unit. Basically a cavalry version of Aspiring Champions.
    Yes, and if not them, then Grail Guardians should be a low entity unit.
    Now I am known as "numbers".
  • saj1987#4378saj1987#4378 Registered Users Posts: 504
    #28957 said:

#28957 said:

Yes, and if not them, then Grail Guardians should be a low entity unit.
    Both should be a low entity unit.