Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Shell suddenly won't activate when press ~ key

Demosthenes#1466Demosthenes#1466 Junior MemberFlorida, but only physically. I will always be an Italian from Rhode Island.Registered Users Posts: 8
I have been using the ~ key to activate the shell so I can key in some cheat codes whenever I start a MTW (downloaded from steam) game, or sometimes during a game if I need more money, I key "deadringer" to get 1,000,000. Anyway, today for some reason when I started a new game the ~ key would not bring up the shell box. I tried re-starting the computer 3 times, and tried the ~ key many times, but it simply won't work anymore.

I am inept at using the steam website. I do not know if I should uninstall the steam version from my laptop and then need to re-buy it in the steam store, or if I can re-load the game from the steam store or library. It is all so confusing.

Can anyone advise me what to do? I cannot play the game at all without the cheats because I am 75 and will not play for a year to get armies and buildings built.

PLEASE, I am begging. How do I get back the shell box when using the ~ key?

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,784
    There is no activity or support for the older TW games here. You might have better luck checking and asking on either the Steam forums, or on the TW Center. TWC has a separate section on just Medieval TW.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum.php

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.