A whole lot of people on this forum did say that Daniel is more of a gimmick than an actual fun LL. I would like to propose changes to him, his Legions of Chaos, and add in some additional mechanics.
1. Allow Daniel to get followers and equip certain items. In the latter's case it's that he could have access everything except weapons and armor (certain god rewards would make up for this).
2. Give Daniel at least a selection of Undivided units to supplement him. And no, he already has access to marked mortals so adding in undivided mortals will simply give him an early game boost and not get wiped out so easily (and he does suffer this). Sure, he does get some marked units early on, but an additional buff won't hurt him in that regard.
3. Allow Daniel to recruit Daemon Princes and have them specialize by either turning them monogod or completely solidifying their undivided status just like Daniel has. And if Daniel will go monogod, then all Undivided Daemon Princes automatically turn to the god Daniel pledges himself and those that have different god marks are immediately replaced.
4. Give Daniel his own Unholy Manifestations. Bonus if they have different effects depending which god is currently dominant in the great game (Undivided) or to what Chaos God Daniel pledged himself to (in which case he also gets bonuses to them).
5. When Daniel pledges himself to a Chaos God, then pledging himself should unlock all the mechanics that monogod daemon and WoC factions have. So if he dedicates to Khorne, he not only gets bloodletting but also all the mechanics related to Khornates (including the ability to get skulls). Same with the other monogods. Because at the moment Undivided is the only best way to go.
Suppose, in the prologue, if you choose the advice of your companions, it will play a special role.
0 · 1Disagree Agree
0 · Disagree Agree
On topic would be nice to see him reworked so instead of a straight line of glory he can get a pie chart in the form of
Chaos which could mean he can be fully pledged to khorne with all the current buffs at one point, but chosing other glory options would cause the point in the start to shift towards the other gods or undivided.
He should gain and lose itens based on the current state point aswell as the basic mechanics but he could be half-pledge to 2 gods at the same time with the more advanced stuff from being pledge to one god.
This way Daniel despite would never really pledge himself to one Chaos God as they don`t want another Be`lakor and only give him the ilusion of power as a champion of all gods, he would be truly undivided in the end.
0 · 1Disagree Agree