Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can we get some new character art or Han Sui/ Zhang Lu playable? As a final good will for 3k fans?

TheTrue_LordAndy#1434TheTrue_LordAndy#1434 Registered Users Posts: 998
edited January 20 in General Discussion
I mean I don't think this should take much dev time to just add one more playable faction? Even if packaged as a mini DLC.

Alternatively even just a few more uniques for Lu Su, Lu Xun, Lu Meng, Ma Dai or Mi zhu / Sun Qian pick 3 whoever and I'd be happy given the situation.

Don't care just would like some more 3K content!

This game was 2 DLC away from being perfect.

Comments

• united84#8186united84#8186 Registered Users Posts: 1,147
    I quite agree. It is lunar new year, the biggest holiday event in Asia. I think a small flc for either TW3K or Grand Cathay in TWW3 would have gone a long way.

CA really should learn to multi-task on their marketing and DLC front. Their policy of marketing one product at a time is dumb (Hyenas I believe is their focus now).
  • LESAMA#5456LESAMA#5456 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,193
    Agree. Would be even more awesome if ca would surprise everyone with one last big dlc. Would silence the criticism and some positive news around total war.
  • Vin362#6699Vin362#6699 Registered Users Posts: 1,540
    edited January 23
    As unlikely as it is to happen I would like Han Sui playable with Ma Teng's mechanics, just as I wish Li Jue had Dong Zhuo's in 194.
    Post edited by Vin362#6699 on
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • Rewan#2358Rewan#2358 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,900
    edited January 22
    What we need is bug patching.

I understand people want new shiny stuff, but asking for bug squashing is much more reasonable than making a faction playable or even art & 3D models for characters, heck you have mods that allow these factions to be played anyways......

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • TheTrue_LordAndy#1434TheTrue_LordAndy#1434 Registered Users Posts: 998
    edited January 23

I understand people want new shiny stuff, but asking for bug squashing is much more reasonable than making a faction playable or even art & 3D models for characters, heck you have mods that allow these factions to be played anyways......

I only find MTU to be a good quality mod, most mods are unbalanced, cause crashes and generally don't work well.... If you don't like bugs then the mods just make it worse...

Also bug squashing and new content is not mutually exclusive. I would like new content and if bugs are introduced fix them sure, thats why I suggested simple content (New portraits and make a faction playable with some mechanics missions etc) that would be low risk for new major bugs.

TUP gives alot of character art but everyone unique is not good, plus the generic clones in TUP are terrible, I prefer the base game ones. Items become unbalanced, so there are issues with those mods.

The quality of the official content is just way better. So no i don't want to rely on mods, more official content is better.

Agree. Would be even more awesome if ca would surprise everyone with one last big dlc. Would silence the criticism and some positive news around total war.

Exactly!

The mods have issues and are not on the level of the official content. I only use MTU now. If you don't like bugs, then mods make it worse

TUP has several issues namely:
    1. TUP generics look terrible, I prefer the base game generics with the armors
    2. TUP introduces too many unbalanced items makes the game trivial in some cases and causes isues with dueling when practically everyone has gold weapons
    3. TUP makes captain retinue captains glitch out because they use generic art of base game clone generals
    4. The TUP character art is not consistent and many look bad with recycled game assets (Some look good Zhang Ba for example)
    5. Can lead to more frequent crashes

The more mods added the worse the bugs get. So I don't attempt to use character mods with faction mods.

Lastly, getting more content doesn't have to be mutually exclusive of bug fixing. Major bugs should be fixed as well as new ones introduced. I'm not asking for an overly complex dlc that would introduce new bugs.
  • Rewan#2358Rewan#2358 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,900
    edited January 23
    I'm not talking about the character mods but the factions mods.

I typically don't like character mods because I can't enjoy them with my own balancing soup (as we both edit things that are mutually exclusive)

Regardless, no, bug fixing is not mutually exclusive with new content altogether but I'd rather have a chance of 2% of them actually making a real patch than a 0.1% of them making a patch & new content.

Of course since it's CA we're talking about a new patch would ONLY come with new content because that's the path they picked for themselves (and I disagree with it)
    Post edited by Rewan#2358 on

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !