Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Content?

Beregoed02#1464Beregoed02#1464 Registered Users Posts: 3
edited January 25 in Total War General Chat
I've been out of the loop for what seems a looooong time. So i come back to the game and there have been ZERO new LL added since the WoC update??? I thought they had long term plans with this game....too bad.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,618
    A Roadmap is coming around February with more information about their plans.

New Content is coming sometime in Q2.
  • dodge33cymru#1936dodge33cymru#1936 Registered Users Posts: 3,427

I've been out of the loop for what seems a looooong time. So i come back to the game and there have been ZERO new LL added since the WoC update??? I thought they had long term plans with this game....too bad.

Turns out the long-term plan was "very rarely release anything or talk about the game to our customers in any way at all".

• GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,958

A Roadmap is coming around February with more information about their plans.

New Content is coming sometime in Q2.

The best part is it's not even anything worthwhile or content in anyway. Just a simple graphic explaining what's going to come in a month or so later.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,694

Turns out the long-term plan was "very rarely release anything or talk about the game to our customers in any way at all".

Remember when they said Warhammer 3 content would be coming faster than in game 2?

Good Times...
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 5,192

The best part is it's not even anything worthwhile or content in anyway. Just a simple graphic explaining what's going to come in a month or so later.

If we're LUCKY. Q2 could mean June.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,141
    it's absurd that this is their single biggest game in terms of sales in the company's history and this is their year one post game support. 1 paid DLC.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,694

it's absurd that this is their single biggest game in terms of sales in the company's history and this is their year one post game support. 1 paid DLC.

You see they need to focus development on that scifi shooter nobody wants first. As soon as that flops hopefully CA come crawling back to the content people actually want...
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,136
    We’re approaching a bit of a snooze here. I mean Immortal Empires released alongside all the initial TWW3 content and then the DLC and all that was enough to tie at least me over for a fair few months. But we’re at the 5 month mark now since the last piece of new content and looking at at least another month on top of that. It’s looking like late TWW2 levels of content released and even early TWW2 levels were nothing compared to TWW1.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,731
    Ok.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,171
    You know, I wonder...

Could we get the Roadmap in middle of February, plus reveal of Chaos Dwarves end of February, all of March as marketing, then release in early April?

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,731
    Djau#5149 said:

You know, I wonder...

Could we get the Roadmap in middle of February, plus reveal of Chaos Dwarves end of February, all of March as marketing, then release in early April?

Yes.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,253
    Djau#5149 said:

You know, I wonder...

It's possible, but I have a feeling that the announcement of the DLC itself was included when they said no DLC till Q2. I'd prefer to be wrong on that.
  • MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,336

We’re approaching a bit of a snooze here. I mean Immortal Empires released alongside all the initial TWW3 content and then the DLC and all that was enough to tie at least me over for a fair few months. But we’re at the 5 month mark now since the last piece of new content and looking at at least another month on top of that. It’s looking like late TWW2 levels of content released and even early TWW2 levels were nothing compared to TWW1.

to be fair though, late WH2 dlc was significantly better than early WH2 dlc

But but but cOViD turned CA upside down you see!

You can't collaborate or work in front of a computer with a mask on you see.

TWWH2 released September 28, 2017

TOMB KINGS released Jan 23, 2018

Queen and the Crone sucked ass, but let's not pretend it had anything to do with being an early DLC considering WH1's Lord packs gave mortis engines and Volkmar's pimp-mobile

And while this is not a DLC, ME released 26 Oct, 2017, less than a month after the game's release.

When did Immortal Empires release for 3 again?
  • Passthechips#4366Passthechips#4366 Registered Users Posts: 1,514
    edited January 24

Queen and the Crone sucked ass, but let's not pretend it had anything to do with being an early DLC considering WH1's Lord packs gave mortis engines and Volkmar's pimp-mobile

And while this is not a DLC, ME released 26 Oct, 2017, less than a month after the game's release.

ME had a lot less content, a lot less area, and a lot more bugs though, on top of horrendous turn times that took 2 years to fix. IE released later, but in pretty good shape, outside of settlement spam.

WH3’s base factions are also in a much better state than WH2’s base factions were. It took until the P&W DLC before Skaven were anything more than a joke, basically a year and a half later.
    Post edited by Passthechips#4366 on
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864

ME had a lot less content, a lot less area, and a lot more bugs though, on top of horrendous turn times that took 2 years to fix. IE released later, but in pretty good shape, outside of settlement spam.

WH3’s base factions are also in a much better state than WH2’s base factions were. It took until the P&W DLC before Skaven were anything more than a joke, basically a year and a half later.
    Nurgle are still worse than launch Skaven.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • razenb#1517razenb#1517 Registered Users Posts: 610
    Small indie company you know.
    What can the 3 people working on the game do?
    They have to make some sacrifices otherwise we would never get the amazing new shooter nobody wants.

Not even close 😂

Skaven on launch had broken food, broken loyalty, and didn’t even have their under-empire mechanic until much later. If I recall correctly Skrolk’s faction wasn’t even immune to their own plagues lol. They were a joke.
  • Darksteel83#1113Darksteel83#1113 Registered Users Posts: 593

Not even close 😂

Skaven on launch had broken food, broken loyalty, and didn’t even have their under-empire mechanic until much later. If I recall correctly Skrolk’s faction wasn’t even immune to their own plagues lol. They were a joke.
    Could you not solve the food issue by raiding your own lands at launch? The skaven did indeed improve a lot when Ikit launched and some things where fixed before Ikit when I am correct.
  • Sir_Godspeed#8395Sir_Godspeed#8395 Registered Users Posts: 3,641

I wouldn't call making more product for people to buy "support". Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to buy DLCs, and I want more, but SUPPORT is patching and adding features, not making more things to sell.
  • MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,336

Not even close 😂

I know Nurgle is supposed to be slow and tanky, but the playstyle seems to have problems. Any idea of what changes could be made while keeping the faction identify strong?

Not even close 😂

I know Nurgle is supposed to be slow and tanky, but the playstyle seems to have problems. Any idea of what changes could be made while keeping the faction identify strong?
    The thing is, Nurgle’s playstyle doesn’t really have major problems. Ku’Gath specifically has a problem with Ghorst, and after that it’s mostly smooth sailing. Any Nurgle lord in a different start position won’t encounter nearly the same problem.

The issues Nurgle currently has are techs being based on the RoC, plagues being overwritten by older/weaker ones, and the same problems all the Monogods have with Cults/Unholy Manifestations.

The only other thing I could think of is that Plague Toads and Rotflies kind of underperform for their cost, even with their nearby landmark. If Nurgle was to get any specific buffs, I would target it to those specific units and they wouldn’t have to be major either.
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,136

I think apart from the first Lord Pack, the content was pretty good overall no matter if it was the races or Lord Packs. Some of the best Lord Packs were the ones accompanied by entirely reshaping a TWW1 race though and by the end things were taking 6 or more months to release which is where we are currently at. I can dig IE and the Champions of Chaos DLC and Warriors of Chaos rework taking 6 months to release. But whatever is coming is going to be hard to justify another 6+ months wait which is where we'll be if it releases in one months time from now.

Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • KhorneBull#5991KhorneBull#5991 Registered Users Posts: 398

• overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,161

Oh another unoriginal doom prophet.
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.
  • #28957#28957 Registered Users Posts: 2,761
    Don't know what you are talking about. HYENAS recently announced a roadmap for 2023, so I am very exited for this product Corporate Suits want me to consume!
    Now I am known as "numbers".
  • Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,722

It's not, that's a community myth. WH3 is behind both 3K and Troy in pre-order figures.

• ruben_jorkon#1979ruben_jorkon#1979 Registered Users Posts: 448

It's not, that's a community myth. WH3 is behind both 3K and Troy in pre-order figures.
    That isn't true
  • Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,722

That isn't true
    Sure it is. Troy holds the record of sales and 3K that of paid pre-orders. CA never claimed that WH3 surpassed 3K in pre-orders, only that WH3 broke the sales record in a single week, which basically implies that it didn't break any record for the total figures. This is further corroborated by the fact that WH3 didn't surpass the peak players number of 3K in release and didn't even come close to the average monthly number.

https://steamcharts.com/app/779340

https://steamcharts.com/app/1142710

As I said, it's a community myth with no basis on reality. Similar to how the fandom had invented an excuse, according to which GW was responsible for the removal of naval battles in WH.