Greasus and Skrag are both incredibly disappointing in their current implementation. Here are some ideas to improve them:
1. Tradelord - Greasus is the richest character in all of the Warhammer setting and has a huge trading empire, this isn't nearly represented enough in-game. My suggestion is to give his faction stacking bonuses based on how many trade partners he has (sort of like how some Warriors of Chaos factions have stacking bonuses based on how many vassals they have). Alternatively (or additionally) he could get stacking bonuses based on how much gold he currently has in his treasury. His bonus to trade income should also be larger than it currently is.
2. Seduction Mechanic - A Bribe mechanic that functions like Slaanesh's Seduction mechanic could work really well for Greasus to represent his "Everyone's Got a Price" rule better than the lackluster combat ability he currently has.
3. Combat buff - Greasus should be extremely terrifying in melee, at the same level of Grimgor. His splash attacks and Weapon Strength should be increased to represent his massive Strength 10 hits from Tabletop. He also desperately needs new animations so that he could actually turn and attack without getting stuck in clunky animations.
4. Big Names - the Big Names mechanic really needs a second look overall. It is just objectively a much worse and less interesting version of the Warriors of Chaos' Boons of Chaos mechanic. This is very noticeable with both Ogre Legendary Lords. Greasus' Big Names should either be significantly buffed or he should be able to equip them all simultaneously (the idea that for some reason he stops being "The Shockingly Obese" when he is the "Tradelord" and vice versa is kind of stupid in the first place).
5. Army buffs - Greasus' buffs to his army should be more substantial, specifically in regards to Ogre Bulls and Ironguts (units that won't become overpowered with a few extra buffs). He should increase their Leadership, Armor and Weapon Strength even more than he currently does to represent his status as Overtyrant and his ability to afford the best weapons and armor for his army.
6. The Cart - I get that the Gnoblar carpet isn't an option and that going back and modeling a different "mount" for him is too expensive, but at the very least he needs new animations. He is barely functional with how clunky his animations are... If remodeling him was an option, I think a Palanquin carried by Gnoblars (in the same way Ku'gath is carried by Nurglings) will look much more royal and fitting for one who is "too rich to walk". Additionally, said Palanquin could have much better turn and attack animations because it doesn't need to take the wheel directions into consideration. If the Cart is a must, at the very least add some furs and more gold... At it's current state it makes Greasus look like a homeless person, especially with how he lies down on bare wood.
1. Casting buff - Skrag is barely better than a generic Slaughtermaster. He needs better skill tree buffs to his casting capabilities.
2. Gorgers army buffs - Skrag should buff Gorgers more than just increase their casualty replenishment rate... I get that he buffs them with his item, but that buff is very circumstantial, doesn't mesh all that well, and isn't that good in the first place. What he provides in very specific circumstances using his item other lords provide more of to their trademark units with just a passive skill in their skill tree.
3. Offerings to the Great Maw - as the Prophet of the Maw, Skrag's interactions with this mechanic should be much more substantial. they should either be much cheaper for his faction, or provide increased effects, or bonus effects (kind of like how Thorgrim receives extra effects when he completes a Grudge)
4. Big Names - the Big Names mechanic really needs a second look overall. It is just objectively a much worse and less interesting version of the Warriors of Chaos' Boons of Chaos mechanic. This is very noticeable with both Ogre Legendary Lords. Skrags' Big Names should either be significantly buffed or he should be able to equip them all simultaneously.
1 · Disagree 1Agree
1 · Disagree 1Agree