Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Are dwarfs ever going to get an update to their "mechanics"?

Foromar#5519Foromar#5519 Registered Users Posts: 119
While dwarfs had their last second update in WH2 and a smalller one before that, they aged very poorly into WH3.

The Forge of their first update always had only a few worthwhile items and wasn't used all that much, because LLs already had their own items and the other dwarven Lords/Heroes were only taken as a necessity rather than as a fighting force.
Though it still made for a different and lorefull way for the dwarfs to get their items.
In WH3 they then added the option of freely combining lower tier items into higher tier ones and also increased the army count all around, while not adjusting the dwarfs at all.
As a result the dwarfs still have their abysmal item droprate and are forced combine forged items to equip their increased lord/hero count.
This completely undermines the use of the forge and makes it a burden instead of the strength, that it should be.

A similar thing happenend to their rune mechanics introduced in their second update.
With the increased amount of armies in game 3 you don't even come close to equipping every hero, or lord.
Unit runes are in an even worse state, with them taking up ancillary slots and most of the time not even being better than the standards of other races.

The last broken thing are their grudges.
The mechanic can barely be interacted with by the player and mostly serves as a forced campaign direction in what is supposed to be a sandbox experience.
I doubt anyone would miss it, if they just removed it completely and gave you the neutral effects all the time.
Tagged:

Comments

• ASyrian#2378ASyrian#2378 Registered Users Posts: 1,519

While dwarfs had their last second update in WH2 and a smalller one before that, they aged very poorly into WH3.

The Forge of their first update always had only a few worthwhile items and wasn't used all that much, because LLs already had their own items and the other dwarven Lords/Heroes were only taken as a necessity rather than as a fighting force.
    Though it still made for a different and lorefull way for the dwarfs to get their items.
    In WH3 they then added the option of freely combining lower tier items into higher tier ones and also increased the army count all around, while not adjusting the dwarfs at all.
    As a result the dwarfs still have their abysmal item droprate and are forced combine forged items to equip their increased lord/hero count.
    This completely undermines the use of the forge and makes it a burden instead of the strength, that it should be.

A similar thing happenend to their rune mechanics introduced in their second update.
    With the increased amount of armies in game 3 you don't even come close to equipping every hero, or lord.
    Unit runes are in an even worse state, with them taking up ancillary slots and most of the time not even being better than the standards of other races.

The mechanic can barely be interacted with by the player and mostly serves as a forced campaign direction in what is supposed to be a sandbox experience.
    I doubt anyone would miss it, if they just removed it completely and gave you the neutral effects all the time.

Love to get a grudge on skaven with belegar just for them to be whiped out on my continent but it was not on a specifically clan but on skaven at all so the grudge stays and to get rid of it I have to go to lustria and destroy/plunder the skaven there or to cathay/badlands...and I get the grudge at the start...wtf
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,403
    I think the current Forge, works, especially now with the addition of character runes and standards and engineering runes but it's not optimal and item creation within should by all rights be a lot more malleable which was the entire charm of the table top Dwarf runic items.

If it was up to me I'd redo it from the ground up and basically just copy what you could do on the table top, add in some TWW extras and not really bother with the Rule of Pride in terms of runic creation.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • ASyrian#2378ASyrian#2378 Registered Users Posts: 1,519

Love me a grudge on skaven bc skryre attacked my village just fpr them to get killed by Orion...
    So the grudge stays but now I have to go to the darklands/lustria/norsca to get rid of it
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Registered Users Posts: 5,322
    I don't think it is even half as bad as you are making it sound, but they would have a lot to gain from a dlc with another batch of small updates to their mechanics.
  • #326352#326352 Registered Users Posts: 685
    Dwarfs need a last DLC with a little Rework to make them Warhammer 3 Standard. They are in a good position but not bad or fine. They need some little things to make them really shine. And a Thunderbarge.
  • Pr4vda#6038Pr4vda#6038 Registered Users Posts: 2,609

I don't think it is even half as bad as you are making it sound, but they would have a lot to gain from a dlc with another batch of small updates to their mechanics.

I agree. Forge could be better, especially with a better UI. I wish runes on units would work like GS units who could get buffed directly. LL could get special runes for some units for instance.

Grudges, well. Updated too would be cool. A bit more, unique grudges, would be great.

I also hope one day to see Karaks rework as*true* karaks in battle, and maybe 1 settlements regions on campaign Map.

Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • Predator06041991#4648Predator06041991#4648 Registered Users Posts: 32
    edited March 13
    dwarves have no moral right to even stutter about getting an update before the Lizardmen, from whom the dwarves stole the alteration in the second part, will not receive a large-scale and grandiose update.
    You all whined the loudest in Game 2, and you got what you asked for, even though the budget should have been spent on another faction. (And don't say it was CA's decision, it was BLACKMAIL consisting of whining and spam petitions and requests from your side, and CA was forced to agree with you and released the content for you)

And now, kindly take your turn at the end of the list and suffer.
  • Passthechips#4366Passthechips#4366 Registered Users Posts: 3,319
    Yeah most of the complaints with the current mechanics can be fixed with some tweaks, with a complete rework being unnecessary.

It would be as simple as buffing Forge items, and updating Grudge satisfaction conditions, as well as adding some new options to both.