Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I find it distressing.

Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 12,226
That they ruined Daemons of Chaos.
Kneel

Comments

• NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 3,133
    That’s Daniel of Chaos to you Sir!
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 10,454
    Yeah, that wasn't a nice thing to do. But I'm happy that they didn't do the same thing to WoC.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 12,226

Yeah, that wasn't a nice thing to do. But I'm happy that they didn't do the same thing to WoC.

I'd be absolutely distraught if they ruined WoC as well.

Did anyone mod DoC to fix them yet? I hate mods, but I'm going to either look into that myself, or just...wait for the Dwarves I guess.
    Kneel

• Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,884
    You don't like Daniel? Lolllllolololllolll

I mean as a stand alone entity? Sure, the Daemon Prince is fine. Great even. Its very interesting and unique.

The abomination of a faction he leads? Its not DoC.
    Kneel

• ConstantineZAyn#4211ConstantineZAyn#4211 Registered Users Posts: 1,131

Did anyone mod DoC to fix them yet? I hate mods, but I'm going to either look into that myself, or just...wait for the Dwarves I guess.
    What are you looking to fix?
    Daniel was a mistake.

#JusticeForDaemonsOfChaos
  • Beast_of_Guanyin#8747Beast_of_Guanyin#8747 Registered Users Posts: 41,262
    Look at how they massacred my boy!

Genuinely. DoC has such potential. There's absolutely no reason they shouldn't have been implemented day 1. Just allow DoC LLs to choose to be Mono or DoC and if the latter they get the entire DoC roster. Would have vastly improved the game at minimal cost.
    I am The Beast of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
    edited March 18

Look at how they massacred my boy!

Genuinely. DoC has such potential. There's absolutely no reason they shouldn't have been implemented day 1. Just allow DoC LLs to choose to be Mono or DoC and if the latter they get the entire DoC roster. Would have vastly improved the game at minimal cost.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2841939065

Get that mod, beat up the other daemonic lords as daniel, confederate them, get daniel killed (or don't, if you like him), continue playing as the daemon legendary lords.

Unfortunately, you won't have much of a tech tree or mechanics, because the "Daemons" of chaos faction is utter garbage.
    Daniel was a mistake.

The roster for one. No mortals allowed. Then you have Daniel and his weird techtree/skills thing. Then you have to rebalance/rework stuff for whats been removed.

Its probably not all that much, but I'm ignorant to what it takes to mod this game.
    Kneel

• Pede#6322Pede#6322 Registered Users Posts: 2,120
    The idea of Daniel is crazy good. The actual implementation though is.. Lacking.

A rework could make Daniel extremely fun

edited March 18
    Pede#6322 said:

The idea of Daniel is crazy good. The actual implementation though is.. Lacking.

A rework could make Daniel extremely fun

Yeah, honestly one of the coolest idea's of the series, but the faction he leads is just not it.

Maybe I look at that over the next few weeks.
    Kneel

• MalalTheRenegade#5644MalalTheRenegade#5644 Registered Users Posts: 994
    Distressing is a bit strong but yes same here. Especially when a Belakor and a proper tech tree would have been enough to fix the faction.
  • Beast_of_Guanyin#8747Beast_of_Guanyin#8747 Registered Users Posts: 41,262

Distressing is a bit strong but yes same here. Especially when a Belakor and a proper tech tree would have been enough to fix the faction.

Distressing is an understatement.
    I am The Beast of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • NickCageStoleMyFace#5594NickCageStoleMyFace#5594 Registered Users Posts: 3,133

The roster for one. No mortals allowed. Then you have Daniel and his weird techtree/skills thing. Then you have to rebalance/rework stuff for whats been removed.

Its probably not all that much, but I'm ignorant to what it takes to mod this game.
    And the dumb post battle options that are worthless once you finish his gear.
  • #28957#28957 Registered Users Posts: 2,856

I kinda wish the only mortals for Daniel were Cultists (which are Magus) and actual lowly Cultist chaff.
    Now I am known as "numbers".
    CA should just rename this rubbish "race" to "Legion of Chaos" instead of pretending as if a Daemons of Chaos race exists in the game.
    Daniel was a mistake.

• DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 6,235
    C'moooon Vashtorr! Replace DP's daemonic gifts with machine parts!
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 Registered Users Posts: 12,156
    DoC as an only Daemon Race with all the Daemon units.

Be'lakor and Godslayer as it's LLs.

Godslayer still having his body part thing, but as his unique mechanic, not the Race one.

DoC with a proper tech tree and unique mechanics.

I'm pretty sure if this was what we got no one would have complained.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous

DoC as an only Daemon Race with all the Daemon units.

Be'lakor and Godslayer as it's LLs.

Godslayer still having his body part thing, but as his unique mechanic, not the Race one.

DoC with a proper tech tree and unique mechanics.

I'm pretty sure if this was what we got no one would have complained.

Yeah. I am going to visit my son today, but I think this is all I really need. Can it be fixed with mods? Maybe I'll look tomorrow.
    Kneel

• TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Registered Users Posts: 1,789
    Wait did they change something about them now or is this old resentment?

Wait did they change something about them now or is this old resentment?

Ongoing. It was bad enough in RoC, Daniel was my first Campaign, but then seeing how well it could be done (WoC) the vestigial waste that is the DoC Faction in IE, is just too offensive to leave as is.

Walking my dog I think I've settled on.

Daniel 'parts' function - Leave as is, minor retune. This is his unique mechanic.
    Daniel 'skills' tree - Deleted, migrated into either redone skills tree, and/or tech tree.
    Daniel 'tech' tree - Created from scratch, but pulling from the existing skills tree.
    Daniel settlement/roster - Moved around a bit, to fix the early game that currently has no way to get Daemon troops. Remove mortals.

I dont know if thats even possible, but assuming it is, I think that would be all it takes to get a playable DoC.
    Kneel

• hcaste47#3002hcaste47#3002 Registered Users Posts: 122

I dont know if thats even possible, but assuming it is, I think that would be all it takes to get a playable DoC.

Maybe this mod may work for you. I too am not a big fan of mods, but it looks interesting

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2890499031
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 7,139

He is a nothing campaign, a nothing character and the building body parts should be burned from TWW.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!

Maybe this mod may work for you. I too am not a big fan of mods, but it looks interesting

I've not. Looks like some new model options where added and a slew of reworks/updates but I dont like mods at all either. :D
    Kneel

This looks pretty good
    Daniel was a mistake.

I'm trying to play through Daniel in IE, and its so bad.
    Kneel