Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What happened to ArneSo?

Processing#6286Processing#6286 Registered Users Posts: 1,044
edited March 31 in The Graveyard
Right, this has nothing to do with Warhammer, but Warhammer general discussion is the only place that is active on the forum.

I have just realised I haven't seen ArenSo around in a while, he's been one of the most active forumites for years here, so I wanted to check his profile when he was last active here and it doesnt exist here anymore.

It's strange, he used to frequent the forum every day, he belongs to about a dozen or so people that I am used to see here so often I actually remember them.

Does anybody know what happened to him?

Also, if the mods read this - can you please remove this once I get my question answered and not before pls?
Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,658
    That's a good point, haven't seen him in ages, unless he changed his profile name?
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Registered Users Posts: 5,328
    Isnt captain rex arneso?
  • Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Registered Users Posts: 1,972
    He has changed his name, he's Captain Rex now.

From the old members, I miss Ephraim Dalton. 100% troll, but he was cute, unlike some others.

Half Life Expert is also gone. He was the biggest fanboy, he would make Lunatic Prince look like Volound. He announced that he would temporarily retire, until classic historical titles would come back, because he wasn't interested in Warhammer. Oh the innocence and naivety.

• Processing#6286Processing#6286 Registered Users Posts: 1,044

Isnt captain rex arneso?

Who?
  • MalalTheRenegade#5644MalalTheRenegade#5644 Registered Users Posts: 1,125
    Pretty sure ArneSo is @Captain_Rex#1635

Just like Vanilla_Gorilla is @Beast_of_Guanyin#8747

What I wonder is where is Ephraim_Dalton -> ShiroHakamusa. But I'd say it's @GloatingSwine#8098

What I wonder is where is Ephraim_Dalton -> ShiroHakamusa. But I'd say it's @GloatingSwine#8098

Jesus Christ you are right I am dumb.

I know that beast is Vanilla, he can't shut up about summoning the beast...

I am pretty sure Shiro got either banned or deleted his profile years ago.

I remember he used to be very vocal about game balance and them suddenly he stopped posting.

I checked his profile in 2021 and it was banned or deleted I don't remember.
    edited March 31

From the old members, I miss Ephraim Dalton. 100% troll, but he was cute, unlike some others.

Half Life Expert is also gone. He was the biggest fanboy, he would make Lunatic Prince look like Volound. He announced that he would temporarily retire, until classic historical titles would come back, because he wasn't interested in Warhammer. Oh the innocence and naivety.

I wouldn't say Ephraim was a troll but he was indeed overly agressive. Still I understand his need for challenge and acccuracy in a game.
    Edit: My first post was actually me getting tired of him calling people casuals because they were against his ideas.

@ROMOBOY#7812 also has been missing for a time which is even more unexpected since he was a big Chaos Dwarfs fan.

Shiro wasn't troll, he was just very vocal about the game being extremely imbalanced and catered towards people who cheese and min max.

I miss him too, I also miss Maelas, but at least he's on reddit now.
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,740

Dalton spouted racist crap and got permabanned

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars

Jesus Christ you are right I am dumb.

I know that beast is Vanilla, he can't shut up about summoning the beast...

I am pretty sure Shiro got either banned or deleted his profile years ago.

I remember he used to be very vocal about game balance and them suddenly he stopped posting.

I checked his profile in 2021 and it was banned or deleted I don't remember.
    He has been permanently banned.

@Captain_Rex#1635
    Look Holmes you are forum famous😁

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

• PhoenixKingMalekith#5710PhoenixKingMalekith#5710 Registered Users Posts: 2,535
    I used to be Lord Torquemado, before these dark times of numbers’ tiranny. I’m not nearly as known as any of those, but back in the days I was more active.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."

My bad if did. Then it was more than deserved.

It's sad though, he was the one I truly considered having a good idea what a balanced game should look like.

I really enjoyed interacting with him...

It's sad though, he was the one I truly considered having a good idea what a balanced game should look like.

I really enjoyed interacting with him...
    I'm not going to go into my opinions on him as they are far from flattering

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

I used to be Lord Torquemado, before these dark times of numbers’ tiranny. I’m not nearly as known as any of those, but back in the days I was more active.

Sorry I don't remember you :D
    Βack in the old days, permabans were handled like candies. In late 2013, dozens of members were banned every day, threads got closed or transferred to the hardly visible Rants and Raves forum. Then the situation improved, because, following the Beasts of War debacle, journalists also wrote about the censorship in the forums. As a result, CA toned down a bit its Wehrmacht policy.

Nowadays, it's kinda the opposite. I suspect that the volunteer moderators have neither the free time nor the appetite to properly enforce the rules. I sympathise, registering infractions and then having to deal with the inevitable whining gets stale pretty quickly. So, it's mostly thread closures (without warning) and only a couple of infractions to our naughtiest members.

@Captain_Rex#1635

Not just him, there are about a dozen or so folks like you and him that I keep seeing and interacting with for years now that you sort of remember them and notice when they go missing.

This forum is very tiny and so I reckon lots of people recognise each other.

I can recongise like 5 people on reddit in comparison.
  • Beast_of_Guanyin#8747Beast_of_Guanyin#8747 Registered Users Posts: 42,816

He got banned for some fairly nasty political comments.
    I am The Beast of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • afverrall#1754afverrall#1754 Registered Users Posts: 1,497

Isnt captain rex arneso?

I assumed so.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Registered Users Posts: 23,405
    I didn't know that, I thought Shiro seemed ok, just seemed passionate about certain elements of the game.

I disagreed a lot with him but, never saw anything overly bad.

I remember when you could talk about practically anything in the off topic.. fun times.
    edited March 31
    I don't think I have ever seen any thread being active apart from Warhammer general discussion.

Then again I joined in May 2020 so what do I know.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 20,520

Shame because i did enjoy his posts on game balance .

But he did go in the deep end

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Registered Users Posts: 23,405

Sorry I don't remember you :D

I didn't know that, I thought Shiro seemed ok, just seemed passionate about certain elements of the game.

I disagreed a lot with him but, never saw anything overly bad.

I remember when you could talk about practically anything in the off topic.. fun times.

It's called off - topic for a reason...
    Yes, but my point is you can't now.

@Captain_Rex#1635

Not just him, there are about a dozen or so folks like you and him that I keep seeing and interacting with for years now that you sort of remember them and notice when they go missing.

Agree as a long time forum user one get to "know" other users, it's real sad that the failed number handles completely ruined that, there are people with just numbers for handles now, it's inpossible to know who one are having discourse with these days..

Implementing those numbers the way they did really hurt the forum community.

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

I sadly can't recognize anyone from my earlier days in the forum, around a decade ago. Perhaps it's the result of the fact that for a few years I haven't even logged in. My account was bugged and the issue was only solved after I registered in reddit and personally requested help from Grace. I didn't expect a reply, but she actually responded immediately and told me that my account was erased following the forum update, so I had to make a new one.

edited March 31

Shame because i did enjoy his posts on game balance .

But he did go in the deep end
    I had no problem with them before the ban, bit of an odd unit but so am I and most of the people here, but after I saw that comment I was perfectly okay with the ban. It wasn't super awful but it was "aight, I'm fine with you being banned" bad.
    I am The Beast of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 Registered Users Posts: 12,684
    Not gonna lie, it is quite wholesome seeing a fellow forumite showing such concern for a member.

Luckily ArneSo just decided to change his name, it would honestly suck to lose him, but that also applies to other usuals like Neodinos, Comissar_G, Axios, Saawendra, Lunaticprince, SaintCorn, Yurisusuki, SerPus, Manpersal, Goatforce, Passthechips, Red_Dox, Bayes...

Heck, I would even miss Vanilla, even tho Vanilla is a bit of pain in the back sometimes.

The thing with internet forums is that you end up developing online friendships, we may spend most of our time bickering and getting at each other throats, but that's just because we are passionate about this game, at the end of the day it's nice to have a welcoming place like this with some many wonderful people that share your love for Warhammer and Fantasy.

By Hashut, I got a bit soft back there hahaha.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • GloatingSwine#8098GloatingSwine#8098 Registered Users Posts: 2,889

FYI I have been using this name online for ~20 years.
    edited March 31

@Captain_Rex#1635

I have some people on ignore who I genuinely don't know who they are because of name changes. It's not a bad feature, it allowed me to test out a few new names and get into this one, but it could do with a fair bit of adjustment and limitation.
This discussion has been closed.