Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rome 2 : Total war - What do you say about that?

Stefan 94Stefan 94 MemberPosts: 88Registered Users
edited August 2013 in Rome: Total War
Hello, all

i have an idea - it´s rome 2:total war

i think it´s a great idea. It will be the best Total war game if it looks so good as napoleon or shogun 2

what do you think about that.

ps: excuse me about my bad englisch, because i´m from germany
Post edited by Stefan 94 on

Comments

• Celt1114Celt1114 Member Posts: 53Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I think it would be awesome!
    I'll always have a soft spot in my heart of RTW and Barbarian Invasion. True classics, with stellar gameplay.
    Maybe after Shogun 2 TW it will happen. We can keep our fingers crossed.
  • daza7daza7 Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited July 2010
  • IamOdysseusIamOdysseus Member ΚαταλονίαPosts: 73Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Yeah best Total War posible.
  • IBlewaFuseIBlewaFuse Senior Member CanadaPosts: 1,256Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Agreed, Bring forth the Legions!

I'm hoping Rome II will be as big of a leap as Rome I was over MTW. Not really in terms of graphics but in terms of overall enhancements.
  • Stefan 94Stefan 94 Member Posts: 88Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    i´m glad about that what you are thinking about that!!
  • darren jkdarren jk Senior Member Posts: 2,059Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    "varius give me back my legions"
    VENI VIDI VICI :D
  • luckylimburgerluckylimburger Senior Member Posts: 1,856Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Maybe you should say "Sega give me back my legions" or maybe Creative Assembly but I think Sega decides on what's next. Let's hope they decide to make Rome 2 next.
    @Stefan 94 Don't worry your English is not that bad.
  • SplintSplint Member Posts: 99Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I would LOVE Rome II

I hope they'll put Biremes and Triremes in with full naval battles. That be incredible!

The units & cultures were so diverse back then there'd be a TON to look at and experience. It'd be a totally different game for each faction!

The only thing I didn't like about RTW, is that when you're not playing as a Roman faction the auto-resolve was too heavily Roman biased.
  • darren jkdarren jk Senior Member Posts: 2,059Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    i have a dream that was rome 2 and even the mearest whisper would make it vanish as if it were a mirage.I realy hope rome2 is next.I suspect it will be as i heard a interview witk kieran brigden on you tube saying something about julius cesar..
    VENI VIDI VICI :D
  • KingLarsofMarsKingLarsofMars Senior Member Posts: 141Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I'd suspect that Rome II would probably be a new engine, as the Empire engine has now gone for three games (ETW, NTW, S2TW) and probably would not be suited well to the time period which Rome II is set in (no gunpowder what so ever). So lets see if any of the guys mention a new engine in development some point in the next year or so.
    edited July 2010
  • DirecteXDirecteX Member Posts: 62Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Sega demands victory from their generals and this is clearly our victory!
    I hope we'll soon see RTW2 , if CA makes better diplomatics and add more to the "barbarian" nations it would be the best TW !
  • andferpaandferpa Senior Member Posts: 2,520Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    another rome would also be nice, but i hope they make the barbarian factions more interesting
    Andokides
    All war is based on deception.
    Sun Tzu
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
    Sun Tzu
    A leader is a dealer in hope.
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters.
    Alexander the Great
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
    William Shakespeare.
  • Knight TemplarKnight Templar Senior Member Posts: 498Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Rome II is inevitable - the only question for now is: WHEN?

It would be awesome if this iteration of Rome would be as good as mods like Rome: Total Realism, Europa Barbarorum, and Roma Surrectum. In fact I'm hoping CA would replicate the EB roster!:cool:
  • TheKiaserTheKiaser Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Rome 2 would be an awsome idea id like to see rome total war with its grafic's improved.
  • ViCToRiaViCToRia Banned Posts: 1,297Banned Users
    edited July 2010
    We all know that they wil update Rome and Medieval.
  • stabierstabier Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I would buy Rome 2:Total War in an instant, if it of course had great graphics(up to date graphics like other games), if they fixed some bugs and such. A nice addition would be if there were more turns allowed also... But either way I would buy it!!!!
  • stabierstabier Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I'd suspect that Rome II would probably be a new engine, as the Empire engine has now gone for three games (ETW, NTW, S2TW) and probably would not be suited well to the time period which Rome II is set in (no gunpowder what so ever). So lets see if any of the guys mention a new engine in development some point in the next year or so.

I would hope they would do it, cause I like Medieval when there was NO GUNPOWDER, so rome would be perfect for me!
    edited July 2010
    @Stabier

i´m the same opinion. i think swords and arrows are better than gunpowder (CA made to many TW - Games with gunpowder)
  • super_newbie_prosuper_newbie_pro Senior Member Posts: 366Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Can we dream about a total war title as Crysis for FPS ? i want say a photographic environment, a reference about beautiful nature and details... I saw in french information on TV that french military use a new system ; with satellite photographics, they use a software that create 3D ; mountains, everything is faithfully recreated in 3D, compared with satellite photos. It would be great to have a photo-realistic environment ! Rome 2 Total need to be THE game, THE reference in the world of strategy on PC !

EDIT ; hey guys, what do you think about an official mod for Rome 2 Total War, only for LAN / internet, where there is no turn peer turn but real time... And when we want do a battle, IA control our country time we play. With Real Time mod, we could play at Rome 2 total War online or in LAN with more 10-15 players !!!
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2. For me, a Real Rome 2 (and finish) is Rome 1 + graphics/IA/Diplomacy of Rome 2, or the actually Rome 2 which we add all the functions mentioned here :
    - Campaign ==> http://tinyurl.com/nuxbr9k
    - Graphics / animations ==> http://tinyurl.com/pcv73nj
    - Audio ==> http://tinyurl.com/omnklxa
    - GAMEPLAY ==> http://tinyurl.com/n9bhqmc
    - Battles ==> http://tinyurl.com/ov9422g
  • DirecteXDirecteX Member Posts: 62Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    super_newbie_pro you have some awesome ideas which would take CA years to put in a game , but if done properly it would be the game of the century !
    Your idea about real time campaign is bad , because noobies will take my Carthage! :(
    edited July 2010
    @super_newbie_pro: i´t really would be the best game of the world
  • SplintSplint Member Posts: 99Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    The real-time option is interesting....

I just can't wait for some bireame action & a Hanibal campaign...
  • RodentRodent Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Yes, I would love a sequel since Rome still is the best game in the series. The period is just so perfect for a total war game and I'm really interested with everything that has to do with Rome. Let's pray that CA will fulfil our wish when they are done with Shogun 2.
  • Duke DudeDuke Dude Senior Member Posts: 879Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Real-time naval battles with tiremes and biremes would be awesome!!!
    I was really hoping Rome II would next be announced, but I'm happy for Shogun as well. Sega... Sega... where for art Rome II: Total War?! :p
  • Grey ValloreanGrey Vallorean Member Posts: 43Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Excited for Shogun 2 but I loved RTW because it really changed the format. From Shogun and Medieval to RTW it was like a dream to me. Rome 2: Total War would be something that I would love to see next on the list of games to be made.
  • MILLANDSONMILLANDSON Senior Member Posts: 192Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    I must admit... I never really rated Rome that highly. I though that Medieval 1 + 2 and Napoleon were much better. I know they will probably end up doing a RTW, but I hope they do something new before Rome, between Shogun 2 and any possible Rome sequel. I'd like to see an "Alexander the Great: Total War" game, I just found the Greek city states, Persia, etc, a lot more interesting than Roman history.
  • BUUURNSBUUURNS Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    Rome 2 rome 2 rome 2 rome 2 rome 2 rome2

cmon guys....this was the game that made the team...surely rome 2 must be on their lists
  • MILLANDSONMILLANDSON Senior Member Posts: 192Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    BUUURNS wrote: »
    cmon guys....this was the game that made the team...

Actually, I think you'll find that "the game that made the team" was Shogun 1 ;)
  • ThesaboteurThesaboteur Senior Member Posts: 812Registered Users
    edited July 2010
    MILLANDSON wrote: »
    I'd like to see an "Alexander the Great: Total War" game, I just found the Greek city states, Persia, etc, a lot more interesting than Roman history.

Yeah I know what you mean, Alexander's time in history is very exciting but they already made a expansion for RTW depicting him, try that one out. If there was a Alexander Total War I hope they will put the Campanion Calvary back in, those guys are awesome.
This discussion has been closed.