Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Just a gaming PC

Comments

• lordmaximus77lordmaximus77 Technical Moderator Leeuwarden, NLPosts: 3,337Registered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited January 2011
    Iscaran wrote: »
    IF money is no issue as you say consider getting an Phenom II X6 1075 / 1090 / 1100.

If money is no issue the Intel i7 2600K would be an even better option.
    Any fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction. — Albert Einstein

viri non urinat in ventum — Anonymous Roman

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • IscaranIscaran Tech-Hero. Posts: 4,229Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    I agree IF Money is no issue he could go as high as he wants, i7 980x (for 1000€)...but I assumed he'd like to stick with the chosen mainboard for AM3 and the x6 start at pretty the same money as the x4 the 2600k starts above 300€ afaik.
    Iscaran

Hero.

If you need help with a support request on these boards please read this and follow the instructions.
  • Darren89Darren89 Member EnglandPosts: 134Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Hi again Bloody Blade! Glad we could help... Evo's case is a very good full tower case. Similar cases in the same price range ("for a few dollars more") include the old standard Antec 1200, and Cooler-Master HAF series... also visible on Newegg, typically about 20 bucks more.

BTW, the 6870 is a single gpu card (a powerful and huge one, certainly, but not a dual board), that may take up two spaces because its so wide... It has multiple ports on it so you can use more than one monitor if you've a mind, but its still a "single" card.
    (sort of like me, ... I LOOK like the most interesting man in the world, but I'm actually just old and married - so far! LOL).

Thank you very much! I am just worried about getting the ati radeon as it may not fit properly in the case I have at the moment which is a standard packard bell one which fits PCI Express graphic cards. The two outputs of the ATI card are below each other and not at the side so it may not fit both outputs outside the case.

geforce_9500_gt_9800_gtx.jpg

ati-radeon-hd-as-well-as-hd-reviewed-deemed-estimable-of-a-midrange-1.jpg
    edited January 2011
    If money is no issue the Intel i7 2600K would be an even better option.

I think I will stick with my AMD for now but thanks for the heads up.
    I agree IF Money is no issue he could go as high as he wants, i7 980x (for 1000€)...but I assumed he'd like to stick with the chosen mainboard for AM3 and the x6 start at pretty the same money as the x4 the 2600k starts above 300€ afaik.

My god man I ain't made of money lol spending £500-600 all together.
  • evotucevotuc Senior Member Posts: 983Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    I should have taken a better look at your original post. You are building almost the exact same computer that I am about to put together, for about the same price. I think you can do a little better on the graphics card though. Let's get some things straight first. What components do you already have? It looks as though you have a power supply @ 700 watts. Can you post a link to it if that is the case? We need to know if it has all the right connections. Do you have a keyboard? Mouse? Monitor?
    2% Club
    FX 8350
    Sabertooth 990FX
    8GB 1600 RAM
    AMD 7950
    How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it?
    edited January 2011
    evotuc wrote: »
    I should have taken a better look at your original post. You are building almost the exact same computer that I am about to put together, for about the same price. I think you can do a little better on the graphics card though. Let's get some things straight first. What components do you already have? It looks as though you have a power supply @ 700 watts. Can you post a link to it if that is the case? We need to know if it has all the right connections. Do you have a keyboard? Mouse? Monitor?

I have

RAM, 2x2gig DDR3
    Hard drive, Samsung F3 1TB
    DVD/RW
    Artic freezer 700w power supply
    Monitor
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Stereo system :)

Just need the graphics card, case, mobo and processor. There is a list on page three with the moboard and processor I will probaly get.

I cannot seem to find the case specs but I msanaged to find one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COMPUTER-TOWER-DESKTOP-PC-PACKARD-BELL-INTEL-PENTIUM-4_W0QQitemZ330515901400QQcategoryZ179QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D130466694199%252B130466694199%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6275713799855427623
    edited January 2011
    You will most likely need a new case. The input/output on the back of a proprietary case usually is not removable and will not match the new motherboard.

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146067 ~$140

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138193 ~$150

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727 ~ $160

Graphics: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150518 ~$310
    ~$760 or ~£488

The CPU reviews tell us that it does a great job, but the included stock heat sink and fan seem to be junk. I see this complaint a lot.

If you are interested, here is a heat sink which is highly rated for its price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233082 ~$30 or ~£20

By the way, you should also buy some after market thermal paste: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100008&cm_re=arctic_silver_5-_-35-100-008-_-Product

I hope this helps. If you need anything else, just say the word.
    2% Club
    FX 8350
    Sabertooth 990FX
    8GB 1600 RAM
    AMD 7950
    edited January 2011
    In case you or anyone else are interested, here is the complete list of items that I have chosen.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=15138452 ~$1,120 or ~£716

Edit: This does not include the operating system, which is :~$100 or ~£65:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754
    2% Club
    FX 8350
    Sabertooth 990FX
    8GB 1600 RAM
    AMD 7950
    edited January 2011
    When I said original post, I messed up. I saw post #21 at the top of the page. This is the post I was referring to.
    2% Club
    FX 8350
    Sabertooth 990FX
    8GB 1600 RAM
    AMD 7950
    edited January 2011
    Are you sure about the "Arctic Freezer 700W" power supply? I keep coming up with a CPU cooler... It must be the "Arctic Power 700w" power supply.

http://www.compucase-hec.co.uk/psu_arctic_power_500-600-700.htm

If so, then you will need two of the three four pin molex connectors to be available and two four pin molex to 6 pin PCI-E convertors to run the newer graphics cards.

Confused yet?

You might want to think about a different power supply...
    2% Club
    FX 8350
    Sabertooth 990FX
    8GB 1600 RAM
    AMD 7950
    edited January 2011
    Are you sure about the "Arctic Freezer 700W" power supply? I keep coming up with a CPU cooler... It must be the "Arctic Power 700w" power supply.

http://www.compucase-hec.co.uk/psu_arctic_power_500-600-700.htm

If so, then you will need two of the three four pin molex connectors to be available and two four pin molex to 6 pin PCI-E convertors to run the newer graphics cards.

Confused yet?

You might want to think about a different power supply...

Wow thanks for the help! Yeah I am lost already, which power suppply should I get? The same one you have chosen in your wish list?

Cheers for the help.

Just looked at some of the reviews for

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138193 ~$150

and people do not seem to like it, the layout is bad and you can have problems with overclocking?
    edited January 2011
    Wow thanks for the help! Yeah I am lost already, which power suppply should I get? The same one you have chosen in your wish list?

Cheers for the help.

Just looked at some of the reviews for

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813138193 ~$150

and people do not seem to like it, the layout is bad and you can have problems with overclocking?

Not a problem, I am glad to help!

The power supply that I chose will work for me in the future, when I add a second 6950. If you plan on only going with one card, you can use this power supply:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

A little cheaper, a little less power, yet still an awesome supply of juice. I have been using the 750 myself for quite a while now.

As far as the reviews for the board go, take them "with a grain of salt." That board is the world record holder for over-clocking. I bet some of those negative comments about its ability come from people who are inexperienced with the subject. Same goes for the layout. I understand that when you add two graphics cards, that slot 2 and 4 are covered up. This doesn't pose a problem for me because I will only be adding the two graphics cards. No problem. I think the negatives in that case are from those that didn't do their research before hand and should be subtracting eggs from themselves for lack of effort.

Here is a review from Hardware Secrets:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Biostar-TA890FXE-Motherboard/1020

Read the whole article, but in the end, "TA890FXE is the most inexpensive 890FX-based motherboard available on the market today, providing a terrific value to the smart user."

Two things to understand are that there are SO MANY OPTIONS! And that there will always be bad reviews, no matter how good the equipment is. The first thing you need to do is educate yourself on what all is available. Separate yourself from the fan boys. Make educated purchases. I have spent a good three months compiling that list of components. The only two things on it that I am still unsure of are the mouse and keyboard. Everything is within range of all of the other components, no over-clocking will be necessary. The only thing I will be changing from its original form will be the BIOS for the graphics card. It can be unlocked to turn the card into a 6970! The cards have the same chip, the 6950 only has part of it disabled in its software.
    2% Club
    FX 8350
    Sabertooth 990FX
    8GB 1600 RAM
    AMD 7950
    edited January 2011
    Not a problem, I am glad to help!

The power supply that I chose will work for me in the future, when I add a second 6950. If you plan on only going with one card, you can use this power supply:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

A little cheaper, a little less power, yet still an awesome supply of juice. I have been using the 750 myself for quite a while now.

As far as the reviews for the board go, take them "with a grain of salt." That board is the world record holder for over-clocking. I bet some of those negative comments about its ability come from people who are inexperienced with the subject. Same goes for the layout. I understand that when you add two graphics cards, that slot 2 and 4 are covered up. This doesn't pose a problem for me because I will only be adding the two graphics cards. No problem. I think the negatives in that case are from those that didn't do their research before hand and should be subtracting eggs from themselves for lack of effort.

Here is a review from Hardware Secrets:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Biostar-TA890FXE-Motherboard/1020

Read the whole article, but in the end, "TA890FXE is the most inexpensive 890FX-based motherboard available on the market today, providing a terrific value to the smart user."

Two things to understand are that there are SO MANY OPTIONS! And that there will always be bad reviews, no matter how good the equipment is. The first thing you need to do is educate yourself on what all is available. Separate yourself from the fan boys. Make educated purchases. I have spent a good three months compiling that list of components. The only two things on it that I am still unsure of are the mouse and keyboard. Everything is within range of all of the other components, no over-clocking will be necessary. The only thing I will be changing from its original form will be the BIOS for the graphics card. It can be unlocked to turn the card into a 6970! The cards have the same chip, the 6950 only has part of it disabled in its software.

Wow that was a good read, very easy to learn. Totally hooked on that mobo now and yeah I will be going with just one card for now which you are going to have to make a guide on how to unlock the card into a 6970!!

Thanks for all the help, just got to find some websites where I can purchase the components for a reasonable price as I live in the UK and the VAT has gone up to 20%!!!!
    edited January 2011
    Wow that was a good read, very easy to learn. Totally hooked on that mobo now and yeah I will be going with just one card for now which you are going to have to make a guide on how to unlock the card into a 6970!!

Thanks for all the help, just got to find some websites where I can purchase the components for a reasonable price as I live in the UK and the VAT has gone up to 20%!!!!

Ha! 20% seems reasonable when you consider that we lose about 25% (being conservative here), from our paychecks, then get taxed at about 10% when we make a purchase... And we are paying for Social Security, which we don't know whether or not it will be there for us in the future.

You are very welcome! Let us know how it turns out.
    2% Club
    FX 8350
    Sabertooth 990FX
    8GB 1600 RAM
    AMD 7950
    edited January 2011
    Ha! 20% seems reasonable when you consider that we lose about 25% (being conservative here), from our paychecks, then get taxed at about 10% when we make a purchase... And we are paying for Social Security, which we don't know whether or not it will be there for us in the future.

You are very welcome! Let us know how it turns out.

Will do and man that's a lot of deductions!
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited January 2011
    Nice thread guys! Thanks for playing nicely... Don't stray into politics though! LOL :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
  • lordmaximus77lordmaximus77 Technical Moderator Leeuwarden, NLPosts: 3,337Registered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited January 2011

True the i7 is a bit more expensive. (Can get them in the Netherlands for EUR 288,- including VAT though)
    But the i5 2500 might be a serieus alternative to the Phenom X4 BE. It's not that much more expensive but a lot faster. Even in games. http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-review-intel-core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/20

The i5 2500K goes for about EUR 195,- And has great OC potential. A Decent P67 motherboard can be bought for about EUR 120,-
    Any fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction. — Albert Einstein

edited January 2011
    Yes lordmaximus, but you need consider the higher mainboard costs as well ! thats another 40€ advantage for a AM3 system.

And the 2500 is even slower than the faster Phenom II X6 models...and it only is a 4 core CPU which might be a bottleneck when considering long-term development as most games now are already starting to make use of more than 2 CPU cores (except SC2 *LOL*).
    Iscaran

Hero.

If you need help with a support request on these boards please read this and follow the instructions.
    edited January 2011
    Yes lordmaximus, but you need consider the higher mainboard costs as well ! thats another 40€ advantage for a AM3 system.

And the 2500 is even slower than the faster Phenom II X6 models...and it only is a 4 core CPU which might be a bottleneck when considering long-term development as most games now are already starting to make use of more than 2 CPU cores (except SC2 *LOL*).

I don't want this to turn into a AMD vs Intel bash. There's nothing wrong with AMD and I think in the end you probably wouldn't even notice the difference in most situations.

But I think you should re-check your pricing.

If I compare a Phenom X4 Mobo + CPU + Memory vs Intel i5 Mobo + CPU + Memory the total price difference is just EUR 30,- on the entire set

Intel upgrade
    Intel Core i5 2500K Boxed EUR 193,90
    Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 8GB EUR 98,50
    MSI P67A-GD65 S1155 Mobo EUR 114,-

Total EUR 406,40

AMD upgrade
    AMD Phenom II X4 970BE Boxed EUR 165,-
    Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 8GB EUR 98,50
    Asus M4A89GTD PRO AM3 Mobo EUR 112,-

Total EUR 375,50

edited January 2011
    I also do not want to make this into an Intel vs AMD war: but my prices are as follow:

Cheapest P67 board with 1x PCIe x16 and 4x RAM slots and no IGP: 97€
    http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/?cat=mbp4_1155&sort=p&bpmax=&asuch=&v=l&plz=&dist=&fcols=1317&xf=317_P67~318_1

Cheapest AM3 board with 1x PCIe x16 and 4x RAM slots and no IGP: 44€
    With 870 chipset we are still as low as 67€
    http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/?cat=mbam3&sort=p&bpmax=&asuch=&v=l&plz=&dist=&bl1_id=100&xf=493_4x+DDR3#xf_top

Now CPU: starting 189€
    i5 2500 consorts: http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/?cat=cpu1155&sort=p&bpmax=&asuch=2500&v=l&plz=&dist=&filter=+Liste+aktualisieren+&xf=

AMD Phenom II X4 Black Editions: 955s start @123€, 965 @139€, and the just released 970 @165€
    http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/?cat=cpuamdam3&sort=p&bpmax=&asuch=Black+Edition&v=l&plz=&dist=&filter=+Liste+aktualisieren+&xf=1133_Phenom+II+X4~3_3000

AMD Phenom II X6 Black Editions: 1075 @ 172€, 1090 @199€.
    http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/?cat=cpuamdam3&sort=p&bpmax=&asuch=&v=l&plz=&dist=&bl1_id=100&xf=1133_Phenom+II+X6~3_3000#xf_top

Summary: CPU+Mainboard (RAM is equal)

Intel: 1x PCIe 16x P67 setup + i5 2500: 98+189 = 287 €
    Intel: 2x PCIe 16x P67 setup + i5 2500: 107+189 = 296 €

AMD: 1x PCIe 16x and 770 chipset + Phenom II X4 955BE = 44+123 = 167€
    AMD: 1x PCIe 16x and 770 chipset + Phenom II X4 970BE = 44+165 = 209€
    AMD: 1x PCIe 16x and 770 chipset + Phenom II X6 1090BE = 44+199 = 243€
    AMD: 1x PCIe 16x and 770 chipset + Phenom II X6 1100BE = 44+233 = 277€

AMD: 2x PCIe 16x (ASUS M4N75TD) + Phenom II X4 955BE = 78+123 = 201€
    AMD: 2x PCIe 16x (ASUS M4N75TD) + Phenom II X4 970BE = 78+165 = 243€
    AMD: 2x PCIe 16x (ASUS M4N75TD) + Phenom II X6 1090BE = 78+199 = 277€
    AMD: 2x PCIe 16x (ASUS M4N75TD) + Phenom II X6 1100BE = 78+233 = 311€

Even the fastest x6 combo is cheaper than a tiny i5 quad core. And I bet that the x6 will be better in the long run than a i5 quadcore Sandybridge. Now when considering budget a Phenom 955 is sufficient to field a powerful graphics card like a GTX570 or a HD6950...in most circumstances. It is not really slower than Sandybridge.

For the saved money even if its only 30, 50 or 80 € you can pretty always get one step up in the graphics card section.

With 2x PCIe 16x the situation is a little less in favor of AMD though. Anyway with 1x PCIe 16x the difference is as big as 80€ even with the fastes Phenom II X4 or you get an X6 instead with 6 cores for still a little less money than the cheapest sandybridge.

Still the difference is for example having HD6950 instead of HD6870 just due to the little saved money.

Anyway what I wanted to say is invest as much money as you can afford in a GPU and the "rest" of the budget into CPU. If you are on budget you probably also have no interest in multi-GPU systems so no need to loose money for mainboards with 2x PCIe 16x slots.

If you have the money for either a HD6950/6970 or GTX570/580 setup one should think about going at least with a fast hexacore or a higher sandbrige with Hyperthreading like the i7 2600---but all that comes at a huge cost and only benefits you little ATM from the CPU side...games are pretty always GPU bottlenecked even when only performance CPUs are used.

If you have the money for a i7 2600 +highend mobo + HD6970 definitely go with that or an even better CPU like the i7 980x which is the ultimate atm.

EDITED in the link to AMD mainboards
    Iscaran

Hero.

edited January 2011
    Anyway what I wanted to say is invest as much money as you can afford in a GPU and the "rest" of the budget into CPU. If you are on budget you probably also have no interest in multi-GPU systems so no need to loose money for mainboards with 2x PCIe 16x slots.

If you have the money for either a HD6950/6970 or GTX570/580 setup one should think about going at least with a fast hexacore or a higher sandbrige with Hyperthreading like the i7 2600---but all that comes at a huge cost and only benefits you little ATM from the CPU side...games are pretty always GPU bottlenecked even when only performance CPUs are used.

If you have the money for a i7 2600 +highend mobo + HD6970 definitely go with that or an even better CPU like the i7 980x which is the ultimate atm.

I Completely agree with you on that one.

But I don't think its completely fair to compare a brandnew P67 motherboard with AMD 770 based motherboards. That a chip over 2 years old (2008) and really can't compete featurewise.

And again I agree. The GPU is far more important. Its better to save something on your CPU + Mobo than on your GPU.

But IF your budget allows it: The Sandy Bridge platform offers very good allround performance, more new features and very good OC capabilities. And is not insanely priced like the i7 980X.

edited January 2011
    That a chip over 2 years old (2008) and really can't compete featurewise.

And why not ? AFAIK it has all the same functionalities as P67 or H67, has it not ? But we can take the cheapest 870 chipset as well it is recent as well, and even offers USB 3.0 and the price is still only 69€?
    http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/?cat=mbam3&sort=p&bpmax=&asuch=&v=l&plz=&dist=&fcols=1317&bl1_id=100&xf=317_870~493_4x+DDR3~1317_2%3B0#xf_top
    Iscaran

Hero.

edited January 2011
    And why not ? AFAIK it has all the same functionalities as P67 or H67, has it not ? But we can take the cheapest 870 chipset as well it is recent as well, and even offers USB 3.0 and the price is still only 69€?
    http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/?cat=mbam3&sort=p&bpmax=&asuch=&v=l&plz=&dist=&fcols=1317&bl1_id=100&xf=317_870~493_4x+DDR3~1317_2%3B0#xf_top

The AMD 870 does not have USB 3.0 support. The USB 3.0 support comes from an additional chip. You can get that on Intel boards too.

True enough. Comparing P67 to 870 would make it a bit more equal. But the P67 offers Crossfire & SLI support while the AMD 870 officialy does not support either. P67 support up to 2133MHz of DDR3. AMD 870 only goes up to 1600MHz.

And another important but often overlooked factor. The Southbridge (I/O, HDD speed etc.) Test after test shows the Intel Southbridges perform significantly better.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2973/6gbps-sata-performance-amd-890gx-vs-intel-x58-p55
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ich10r-sb750-780a,2374-14.html

Featurewise and performancewise the 890FX and P67 are closer together. And when comparing those the difference in price gets a lot smaller.

If you don't care about support for both Crossfire and SLI and don't mind slower I/O performance AMD offers an affordable and well performing platform. But asside from differences in CPU performance there are disadvantages for AMD chipset based motherboards too.

edited January 2011
    Woah that is a lot of information to process, my graphics card on the computer I am currently using does ot work anymore...I have uninstalled it and re installed it as well as downloaded all of the new drivers for it, changed the adaptor on the back incase that was the problem but my computer still does not auto detect it! My pc keeps using the intergrated graphics which I went into the bios to tell it to go the pci express graphics card but that did not work...

This is my current pc

processor: intel(r) core(tm)2 quad cpu q6600
    2.40Ghz
    4GB Ram
    32 bit operating system
    Artic freezer fan 700w
    PCI EXPRESS 512mb nvidia 9600gt overclocked graphics card (broken)

Can anyone tell me of any cheap graphics cards which can run medieval 2 to empire games even if it is with a little lag during the battles? It is only until I build my new pc so I can maybe re sell the graphics card or leave it in and give the pc to the missus.....

Thanks for any help.
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited January 2011
    Woah that is a lot of information to process

Ya think? LOL, this thread has to be one of the most rapidly-expanding I have seen here... I go to sleep for a few hours and -snap- two hours of reading/fact-verification...

Only thing that renders it a little less troublesome is I can fall back on the whole euro-market supply and pricing scheme/hierarchy is not equivalent to my market... Diversity- the lazy man's crutch :)

EDIT: I have also been thinking thusly:
    Just as the latest iteration of the Star Trek series has the character Scotty saying,

"I'd rather not take sides..."
    so does he shortly thereafter blurt out,
    "I like this ship. Its exciting!" ROFL
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

edited January 2011
    Woah that is a lot of information to process,

Sorry, Bloody Blade. I had you going forward with confidence, then the flood gates of information were opened.
    Can anyone tell me of any cheap graphics cards which can run medieval 2 to empire games even if it is with a little lag during the battles?

What's your budget?
    2% Club
    FX 8350
    Sabertooth 990FX
    8GB 1600 RAM
    AMD 7950
    edited January 2011
    Evo is right, a budget would be nice...

Without a budget, most likely the cheapest that will do it reasonably through ETW is probably the 5670. There are 1 gig and .5 gig versions that run about $80 and $100 in the US and there were a couple of the 1 gig variety on Ebuyer in the 70 to 80 pounds range.http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/cat/Graphics-Cards-ATI/subcat/ATI-HD-5450

Note that MD80 on the other thread had good results with ETW from this model.

edited January 2011
    Sorry about that, my budget would have to be under a £100. I do not wish to go mega over the top. Just something to keep me sane while building the new pc as I am in no rush to build it.
    edited January 2011
    I've found this Radeon 5770 1GB card in the UK for less then £ 100.
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-122-HT&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1515

It's a pretty good performer at that price point.

edited January 2011
    I've found this Radeon 5770 1GB card in the UK for less then £ 100.
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-122-HT&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1515

It's a pretty good performer at that price point.

wow thanks very much!