Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Advanded Battle Tutorial Problem [Confirmed by CA]

cal3b6cal3b6 Junior MemberPosts: 2Registered Users
During the advanced battle tutorial, a European cannon is available to help in the siege and capture of the enemy castle. For me the cannon is completely unresponsive. I've tried selecting it in different ways, I've also done some things that might be a little extreme. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and validated the files in steam. I also tried setting up a custom battle with European cannons to see If they are selectable and they are. This seems to be a problem solely with the advanced battle tutorial which also seems to make it very difficult to win.

I know I could just skip the tutorial, but this is my first total war game so I sort of need the practice, and it really bothers me for all the other tutorials to have check marks and not that one haha. ;)

Any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by cal3b6 on

Comments

• TimppaTimppa Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    It is indeed a bug, I have the same thing. I do not think there is a way around it.

It is perfectly possible to win the battle without the cannons. If you want to play the battle with the cannons, just create a custom siege battle.
  • Nicklaus CANicklaus CA Creative Assembly Posts: 2,138CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited March 2012
    Reproduced and reported, thanks. One way you can avoid the bug is to press ESC when the advisor is talking about the units. If you do that, the cannon will be usable. If you watch the full intro or click on the tick icon, the cannons will not be usable.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Quick solutions to common FotS problems :
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/35425-PLEASE-READ-Common-issues-for-FotS-and-how-to-solve-them-(Updated-26-03-2012)
  • cal3b6cal3b6 Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Nicklaus wrote: »
    Reproduced and reported, thanks. One way you can avoid the bug is to press ESC when the advisor is talking about the units. If you do that, the cannon will be usable. If you watch the full intro or click on the tick icon, the cannons will not be usable.

Thanks for the quick response! I'm really glad there is a way around the bug, and if I run across anything else while playing this great game I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Thanks again!
  • 4rdi4rdi Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited August 2014
    CA, how long still until this bug is fixed?