Adorbs

how to get help from your allies

gaui julius ceasergaui julius ceaser Senior MemberPosts: 176Registered Users
edited April 2012 in Rome: Total War
i have to much allies on my campaign but they do nothing; in Rome allies are totally useless.
this is my question can we do anything that when we attack somewhere demand our allies to give us some reinforcements to attack the enemy?
Post edited by gaui julius ceaser on

Comments

• crimson_shadecrimson_shade Senior Member Posts: 137Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    in RTW, the best advice about allies is: expect nothing out of them. anything else will lead to disappointment.

i propose CA fix this issue. maybe on the diplomatic screen you can coordinate attacks with allies, such as the option to tell them to attack city ____ in _____ turns.
    • Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    • Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
    • Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.
    Sun Tzu
  • gaui julius ceasergaui julius ceaser Senior Member Posts: 176Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    yes this is true but can we change something in RTW's data file to fix this issue?
    edited April 2012
    can't help you there. i'm not exactly knowledgeable about data files/programming/modding etc...
    • Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
    • Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
    • Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.
    Sun Tzu
  • gaui julius ceasergaui julius ceaser Senior Member Posts: 176Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    thanks.
    anyone else can do this?
  • Sparticus_rebornSparticus_reborn Member Posts: 77Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I'd be much happier if they invested time in making an improved AI in a game called Rome 2: Total war...
    "These Barbarians lack the tactical refinement of our Legions" - Anonymous Roman General precluding an ambush.
    edited April 2012
    that as well. but to have the option to coordinate attacks on such a level would be incredible and destructive.
    Sun Tzu
  • TheImperatorofRomeTheImperatorofRome Senior Member Posts: 556Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    once again, Rome 2 comes up. This option has to be in it.
    As for RTW, i think that staying clear of allies altogether is the best option. protectorates are also quite useless but they do stop ppl from getting in.
  • ElfwoodElfwood Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    My allies never help me in the war,,:(.. well I don't expect them to help me... and some of my allies declare war on me :(,
    only Carthage and Numidia stayed as allies,,but they also did not help me in the war. But I help them against Rome.. and I took over one of Carthage's cities that Scipii had control of,, and then gave it back to Carthage for free :).. aren't I kind as allies ?:rolleyes:
  • Hannibal BarcaHannibal Barca Senior Member Posts: 811Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    The most you can expect from your allies is that they wont attack you for a while(which may be to much as they will betray you eventually in most instances) You may get help from them at sea, or if they are besieging a city/fighting a army nearbye, but if that has happened knowthat they had no intention of helping you.
  • TheImperatorofRomeTheImperatorofRome Senior Member Posts: 556Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Most of the time, the only way which allies help is with trade (along with other trade partners) and if you want help on the battlefield, you better make sure that the battle is right next to an allied army or city, that way they have to help you out.
  • HeirofAlexanderHeirofAlexander Senior Member Posts: 1,088Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I have never experience that an ally will do the "Help war" thingy.

Actually, I only use allies so that I can feel a little more safe against attack. Other than that, I only have them for trade.
    edited April 2012
    Elfwood wrote: »
    My allies never help me in the war,,:(.. well I don't expect them to help me... and some of my allies declare war on me :(,
    only Carthage and Numidia stayed as allies,,but they also did not help me in the war. But I help them against Rome.. and I took over one of Carthage's cities that Scipii had control of,, and then gave it back to Carthage for free :).. aren't I kind as allies ?:rolleyes:
    i know....i do this sometimes as well. i don't think the ai appreciates the player's kindness. later, when i try to make a nice deal with them they get all prideful and refuse. makes me regret being nice and go back there and teach them a lesson.
    The most you can expect from your allies is that they wont attack you for a while(which may be to much as they will betray you eventually in most instances) You may get help from them at sea, or if they are besieging a city/fighting a army nearbye, but if that has happened know that they had no intention of helping you.
    exactly. i have yet to see (in any TW game) the ai deliberately setting up their guys near your army to help you.
    Sun Tzu
  • chenshaschenshas Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    most of the time as the julii the brutii(AI)helped me in my campaign against greece the roman households are more active then other factions. course the senate sits on its comfy seats and watches me conguer i sware i should burn rome to the ground but thats just me if the barbarians and greeks dont give me a challenge maybe rome can.anyways how the brutii helped was by being very agressive with there legionary and hastii forces by bashing the greek main forces while i kept thermon under my controled kept them so busy i have controled thermon for atleast 300 years from the greeks and now i control corinth and sparta along with most of france and two territories in spain.