Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

Windows 8 Consumer Preview FotS will not start.

comrade_richiecomrade_richie Junior MemberPosts: 7Registered Users
edited April 2012 in Fall of the Samurai
Hello currently I cannot get Fall of the Samurai to run on my desktop running windows 8 consumer preview (Pevious
Total War games work fine Empire, Medieval 2), the game will load to a legal splash screen then will after a minute
crash to the desktop (I was able to get it running on my laptop which is running windows 7 and I am loving the game).Is there any plans to support win 8 cp or should I just start the re-install process?
Post edited by comrade_richie on

Comments

• izakizak Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I highly doubt CA will support an OS that hasn't been released. They'll have more info when Windows 8 is released. Until then, I wouldn't count on playing it on that OS.
  • Griffinator CAGriffinator CA Creative Assembly Posts: 506CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited April 2012
    I have to agree that CA i doubt CA will be supporting windows 8 until it's released,
    you may wish to try a dual boot OS with windows 7 as that does work.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • StrategeStratege Senior Member Posts: 647Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I will never ever want the next Vista if you know what I mean.
  • DenmarkRulesDenmarkRules Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,177Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    First of all, Windows 8 sucks :p Have been using it on one of my PCs since developer preview was released and it will suck for anything else than a tablet.

Secondly, one of the tech-guys from CA said something about them not officially supporting Win8 while it's still in beta. Don't know if they will support it when it's released, but they don't currently.
    Just go back to Win7. It's better in all ways.
    "The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaPosts: 4,571Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    "Game crashes on the splash screen when using Windows 8 Preview:
    Shogun 2 and FotS do not support Windows 8, as it is still in beta. I understand that Shogun 2 worked with Windows 8 Preview prior to the patch, but that was due to sheer luck. Any changes we made to Shogun 2 via the patch (and to FotS) was not tested with Windows 8 in mind, only Windows XP, Vista and 7."

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/35425-PLEASE-READ-Common-issues-for-FotS-and-how-to-solve-them-(Updated-30-03-2012): This has all the info for FOTS and Shogun 2 with Windows 8.
    "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. "
  • racerdog90racerdog90 Member Posts: 58Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Try running as an administrator, that often times helps the problem as long as your not getting an error log