Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Character Trait: An Eye For The Ladies??

ArgeninArgenin Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1
Hi, I have this odd thing constantly happening to my agents/generals. I keep obtaining this trait for my characters: (An Eye for the Ladies [Reduces campaign movement range for army this unit/agent is embedded to]).

It is happening all the time. Eventually every one of my agents/generals has this annoying trait. I can't seem to find an explanation as to why this keeps happening in all my campaign play-throughs. Also, this is the only trait my characters seem to obtain. I have barely seen any positive or useful traits for either my agents or generals.

Does anyone know what factors come into play when acquiring new traits?? Is this completely random and I am just having bad luck??

EDIT: Ah!!! I seem to see that traits are gained under certain conditions. I am currently looking around for a FotS guide concerning character traits.
Post edited by Argenin on

Comments

• RumpullpusRumpullpus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,216
    edited May 2012
    happens when they sit in a town for too long i think.
  • Sonny228Sonny228 Member Registered Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2012
    They get it from the business chain though the... what's it called... gambling den and parlour I believe, if you go chain market you won't get the negative trait. My reconmedation is not to put agents or generals in a town with one, have them stand outside with the army unless you plan to have agent stay in the city pretty much for the whole game and don;t care.
  • Jungle RhinoJungle Rhino Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 287
    edited May 2012
    I've also seen a foreign veteran pick it up immediately after being seduced by an enemy giesha, then me seducing him back again! highly appropriate :D
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,510
    edited May 2012
    I've never figured out exactly; in past games traits like these were influenced by chance factors due to staying in a settlement, for example if they stay within a town the odds of getting the trait is 20% per turn. But I've had generals that I stuffed into a castle town and the very next turn they get it.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • MorphineMorphine Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 286
    edited May 2012
    There is a lot of guides for traits in Medieval 2 so you could actually learn some of possible combinations and build a character the way you want. As daelin said all traits had a percentage under which they appear so nothing is 100 :/: sure. I hope to find similar guide for fots.
    Visit my new Youtube.com/channelMorphine for TW strategy, tactics and let's plays.
    Attila, Rome 2, Shogun 2, Rise of the Samurai, Napoleon, Hearts of Iron 3 and much more coming soon

Share your feedback please:
    ► Twitter.com/MorphineTW
    ► Facebook.com/MorphineTW
  • VaderVader Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 23
    edited May 2012
    I find this trait annoying. From my experience, like the others have said, sitting in a spot will induce it, sometimes for only one turn. A tactic I have found effective is placing generals on ships during building periods of the campaign as well as constant patrolling. Usually I send my armies on a two turn course, in case I forget to move them. This has greatly reduced the trait from appearing in my games.
  • KensaiKensai Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 966
    edited May 2012
    Don't insist. It doesn't happen by "just sitting". It happens when you sit on certain buildings (pleasure/business) chain. In the original Shogun 2 you could also become drunkard! ;)

Makes perfect sense and I like this minor role-playing abstraction, Generals are to fight battles, not to get parked in dens with prostitutes and booze.
    In ancient Japan, a Kensai (剣聖, sword's saint) was an honorary title given to a warrior of legendary skill in swordsmanship. The literal translation of "Kensai" is "sword saint". Thus, the term is considered by some to imply a higher degree of perfection (possibly also encompassing a moral dimension) than the more commonly used kengō (剣豪) or "great sword".
  • flclempireflclempire Member Registered Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2012
    I just wish other traits were as easy to get. Positive or negative. ALL of my agents and generals end up with an eye for the ladies eventually. Some other dependable options would be nice.
  • GuardianOfBlindGuardianOfBlind Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 947
    edited May 2012
    I have given up on rooting out this habit as well, all my generals have it sooner or later. I just let them have some fun, and then counter it with traits from skill tree, retainers, and by having shinobi in each army scouting way for it (increases movement greatly)
  • TheCrazyCatTheCrazyCat Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,502
    edited May 2012
    I find this a blessing. Your general has strong worldly desires.
  • VampiresbaneVampiresbane Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 206
    edited May 2012
    Now that I know it comes mainly from the inn/business building lines, I've made sure to only place Geishas in those towns (since they don't get this bad trait as far as I know). It's been really helping.
  • IemandIemand Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 145
    edited May 2012
    Having them camp outside has a pretty good chance to give +1 loyalty
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,532
    edited May 2012
    Sonny228 wrote: »
    They get it from the business chain though the... what's it called... gambling den and parlour I believe, if you go chain market you won't get the negative trait. My reconmedation is not to put agents or generals in a town with one, have them stand outside with the army unless you plan to have agent stay in the city pretty much for the whole game and don;t care.

Definitely not true.
  • VampiresbaneVampiresbane Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 206
    edited May 2012
    Schepel wrote: »
    Definitely not true.

So far, this is pretty darn true for all my generals. Whenever they get that trait...guess where they are...in a city with a business chain building in it. Not sure where you're getting your info, but if you do have proof otherwise, we'd love to hear it (and I'm not being sarcastic in that comment-we would actually want to know so we could better avoid that trait.)
  • FireStorm1010FireStorm1010 Member Registered Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2012
    Im not 100% sure but for 80 % i think i hada general get it in city without any market building.Might be market speeds it considerably.
  • happyoctopus1happyoctopus1 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    I never build gambling houses and stuff; however, the only units of mine which ever seem to get it are my Ishin Shishi.
    I always put them into newly taken cities, which often have markets - I don't seem to get it very often with my generals or other agents.
    However, this has happened to some of my Ninjas who were deployed in the middle of no where...
    Mostly, it seems to occur if I deploy someone somewhere with nothing to do.