Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Shogun 2 Multiplayer is unbalanced

13»

Comments

• AMPAMP Senior Member Posts: 1,225Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    They don't really do much of anything except get flicked away like flies. After that the S2 melee stronger infy get to encounter the shogitai and line infy. A balanced build FoTS player has nothing to worry about if he's good when facing a S2 build. The S2 will always be at a disadvantage.
  • Ernesto_HErnesto_H Senior Member Posts: 1,735Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    3 vet shogitai can own any S2 melee core, shogitai is the best melee unit in game, it have a awsome moral, i have got over 200 kills with them vs normal shogun armies.
  • IponuIponu Senior Member Posts: 496Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    Ok, fine then, AMP. Increase S2 money not decreasing money for FOTS. I just wish you would stop being so self-righteous and arrogant. (Not to mention mean.)
    Rome II better become realistic and historically sensible:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/119555-So-Close-to-Being-a-Good-Game...
  • TheCrazyCatTheCrazyCat Banned Posts: 1,502Banned Users
    edited May 2012
    I dont blame him, since most players here dont have any good experience and give ****poor solutions.
  • Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaPosts: 4,784Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    I dont blame him, since most players here dont have any good experience and give ****poor solutions.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and what they think would be best for Shogun 2. I for one think they need to completely rebalance the ranking system as I know that I've been fighting people who were simply way above the tier that I am in. Now, why is it like that, I don't know, and am disappointed that CA didn't do anything about it.
    Ready for Three Kingdom's TW: I5-6600k, EVGA Geforce GTX 1070SC, 16Gigs RAM, WD Blue PC SSD @ 500GB
    edited May 2012
    Iponu wrote: »
    Ok, fine then, AMP. Increase S2 money not decreasing money for FOTS. I just wish you would stop being so self-righteous and arrogant. (Not to mention mean.)

I only said that would be my suggestion to try and balance out the two if people want the FoTS vs S2 battles balanced out so badly because CA has other things to do right now I'm sure (like already working on the next title). You may not like what I have to say, but the fact is part of the reason why we had so many balance issues it due to people making poor suggestions on these forums who have little gaming experience or are just terrible players with very bad ideas on balance.

And as I said decreasing money for FoTS doesn't make much sense when you have 14k battles max where FoTS can't even use up the 20 unit slots making a balanced army and their army is small as it is, yet you want to suggest lowering their funds against S2 armies.
  • SchulzSchulz Junior Member Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    Iponu wrote: »
    What on earth are you trying to imply? Are you saying AMP just should ignore the fact that FotS players have the advantage of better units-per-koku than Shogun 2 players? I believe it is you who should stop being so arrogant and "self-righteous".
    "In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit."
    -Miyamoto Mushashi, Japanese swordsman and rōnin.
  • Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaPosts: 4,784Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    AMP wrote: »
    I only said that would be my suggestion to try and balance out the two if people want the FoTS vs S2 battles balanced out so badly because CA has other things to do right now I'm sure (like already working on the next title). You may not like what I have to say, but the fact is part of the reason why we had so many balance issues it due to people making poor suggestions on these forums who have little gaming experience or are just terrible players with very bad ideas on balance.

Honestly, I don't think there would be any way to balance out Shogun 2 units from their FoTS counterparts without completely redesigning the multi-player aspect of the game, and as you said, CA doesn't have time for that. But, I do believe CA needs to up teh damage of bow units of Shogun 2 units against FoTS units because it seems that a full volley will only get between five and ten kills, and with the little armor that they have, it might just be a bug that CA didn't catch. Though, one can just keep moving his units after one volley to negate this bug. As I said in an earlier post, everyone is entitled to their own opinion as to what they think would work, whether it is stupid or brilliant.
    And as I said decreasing money for FoTS doesn't make much sense when you have 14k battles max where FoTS can't even use up the 20 unit slots making a balanced army and their army is small as it is, yet you want to suggest lowering their funds against S2 armies.

Even though Fots players have that disadvantage of more expansive units, don't their units have more men in them versus their Shogun 2 counter parts?
    Ready for Three Kingdom's TW: I5-6600k, EVGA Geforce GTX 1070SC, 16Gigs RAM, WD Blue PC SSD @ 500GB
  • spicykoreanspicykorean Senior Member Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    Doesn't it make sense that Fots armies should have more men per unit? Weren't they primarily conscripted men?
  • damadman228damadman228 Senior Member Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    They were samurai trained to use guns. Contrary to popular belief, it was not "dishonorable" to master new weapons. First the bow was the most popular weapon in Japanese warfare, then the spear, then guns. The glorification of the sword as the "soul of the warrior" is the product of the Edo period where only samurai where allowed to carry swords, whenever they went to war they preferred the other more practical weapons. In the Boshin war the numbers of troops didn't exceed the numbers during the Sekigahara campaigns.
    This might be helpful for those still playing S2 MP:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=444087

Also check out this awesome channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/milkandcookiesTW
    edited May 2012
    Tyer032392 wrote: »
    But, I do believe CA needs to up teh damage of bow units of Shogun 2 units against FoTS units because it seems that a full volley will only get between five and ten kills, and with the little armor that they have, it might just be a bug that CA didn't catch.

Killing power of most bows when vetted is fine, it's just that they are abit pricey. The idea behind the bows is lure them close enough so you can easily rush or get your opponent to move out of key locations. And that's what the 175/200 range bow which doesn't have to worry about los problems is very good at.
    Tyer032392 wrote: »
    Even though Fots players have that disadvantage of more expansive units, don't their units have more men in them versus their Shogun 2 counter parts?

I don't think many would like to be playing with even less *units* in a 14k match when they are against a S2 army. Their expensive units don't put them at a disadvantage because they are better for their cost and one of the reasons is because of their bigger unit sizes with the foot units as you noticed. O.o
  • IponuIponu Senior Member Posts: 496Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    True, I did become the mentioned, but only because AMP has an annoying habit (not trying to be mean here) of saying "O.o"
    Schulz wrote: »
    What on earth are you trying to imply? Are you saying AMP just should ignore the fact that FotS players have the advantage of better units-per-koku than Shogun 2 players? I believe it is you who should stop being so arrogant and "self-righteous".
    Rome II better become realistic and historically sensible:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/119555-So-Close-to-Being-a-Good-Game...
    edited May 2012
    Just keeping it real and I can't help it if that bothers some people.
  • exorgistis77exorgistis77 Senior Member Posts: 1,309Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    well sword was always revered as the highest form of weaponry as it was the most expensive too .. i have talked to real Japanese kendo instructors ..one from a big samurai family , they have told me so

spear was the real killer though in battle fields and lots cheaper
    Zarganis
  • djendjen Junior Member Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    What they need to do is fix the magic bullets doing fantastically low friendly fire when fired into the backs of their own men. Is that still existent?
  • Marshal SuchetMarshal Suchet Senior Member Posts: 2,077Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    You do realise that there are plenty of times where units won't shoot if friendly units obstruct their line of sight?

Friendly fire does bit a fair deal too, you can rout your own units very quickly if you aren't careful, especially if you have your own revolver cav firing into a melee with friendly troops. It just isn't stupid anymore like the way it was when there were -20 morale penalties for being hit by friendly fire and where units would rout completely if they suffered a single friendly fire casualty.
    RedStag
    edited May 2012
    Bane's post = common sense. The boxes around friendlys have already been made bigger that friendly gunners have to shoot around and we don't need them increased again. They are fine as they are right now.
  • TheBannanaBoatTheBannanaBoat Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    Well did you watch The Last Samurai its going to be difficult for a reason. You have to bait them to a place thats favorable to your army and plan carefully. Of course casualties will occur but sometimes you have to sacrifice to get the w.
  • coaco98coaco98 Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    quite honestly I don't care about the Fall of the Samurai, it's that I click don't mix avatars on matchmaking and I don't get a match cause no one plays Shogun... and the battle list is filled with Fall of the Samurai, if I want to play a Shogun 2 person, 2 scenarios happen, their battle is full or they have rules that limit me out, I mean I'm a level 9. I was a level 4 playing 8s and winning, people these days are just cowards... Nobunaga probabl coulb be compared to a level 3 in the battle of Okehazama. The Imagawa army was probably a level 6. And Nobunaga still won.
  • damadman228damadman228 Senior Member Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    No, Nobunaga was a level 10 and the Imagawa were a level 0. Having a maxed out leadership general limited his numbers, but he still won.
    This might be helpful for those still playing S2 MP:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=444087

Also check out this awesome channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/milkandcookiesTW
  • TheCrazyCatTheCrazyCat Banned Posts: 1,502Banned Users
    edited May 2012
    coaco98 wrote: »
    quite honestly I don't care about the Fall of the Samurai, it's that I click don't mix avatars on matchmaking and I don't get a match cause no one plays Shogun... and the battle list is filled with Fall of the Samurai, if I want to play a Shogun 2 person, 2 scenarios happen, their battle is full or they have rules that limit me out, I mean I'm a level 9. I was a level 4 playing 8s and winning, people these days are just cowards... Nobunaga probabl coulb be compared to a level 3 in the battle of Okehazama. The Imagawa army was probably a level 6. And Nobunaga still won.

You gotta read the title of the games now, since CA botched their patch and screwed up the S2 only games, people have to change the title to hint that NO FOTS players allowed/S2 Only.
  • coaco98coaco98 Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited June 2012
    But it's usually full-.- that or I get kicked cause they don't like me. And at the time of the battle of Okehazam Nobunaga had an inferior force.
  • SchulzSchulz Junior Member Posts: 22Registered Users
    hi
    "In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit."
    -Miyamoto Mushashi, Japanese swordsman and rōnin.