Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

Graphics fine, stutters every 3-4 seconds [Confirmed Bug]

2»

Comments

• Igaku-KusuriIgaku-Kusuri Junior Member Posts: 19Registered Users
    edited July 2012
    I'm doing a double post to say the issue seems fixed after I tested again this week. There was an update of about 118MB and I no longer could see the periodical stutter I had before while connected to Steam friends. Let's hope it's gone for good! You should test as well.
  • easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Posts: 2,326Registered Users
    edited July 2012
    Anyone else try it yet?
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • SelerethSelereth Member Posts: 40Registered Users
    edited July 2012
    After the update (the one that reintroduced the gloss) the stutter didn't go away completely, however there does not seem to be as much as there was before. There is still a tiny bit on the main menu and in battles though, so I hope that CA and Valve are looking into the problem, even though it's a miniscule one.
    edited July 2012
    Selereth wrote: »
    After the update (the one that reintroduced the gloss) the stutter didn't go away completely, however there does not seem to be as much as there was before. There is still a tiny bit on the main menu and in battles though, so I hope that CA and Valve are looking into the problem, even though it's a miniscule one.

Never mind, the stutter is back and in full force. It's practically intolerable now, and it's very noticeable.
    edited July 2012
    I think a fix by now would be nice.
    edited July 2012
    It never stuttered before I bought FOTS and now it's horrible, especially during large battles, hurry up with that fix or I'm never buying one of your games ever again.
  • justyhawkjustyhawk Senior Member Posts: 459Registered Users
    edited August 2012
    I still have the stutter, same as before. Thankfully it hasn't become worse.
  • HardwaremasterHardwaremaster Senior Member In 3dsmax Los Angeles CaliforniaPosts: 6,389Registered Users, Tech Moderators
    edited September 2012
    Do any of you guys have SLI? FOTS doesnt play very well with Crossfire and SLI sometimes. The newest BETA drivers for Nvidia's SLI seem to help stutter a fair bit when using Multiple Card setups.

If you don't have SLI or Crossfire, than it might be a memory fault issue, or a Graphical memory issue. In this case it might help to look at the preferences script for Shogun 2 and FOTS to make sure there isn't any inaccurate information.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    "True redundancy is when you are writing a description to describe the word that describes the description you used to describe it." - Christopher Purches

My PC: (2x 980GTX 4GB) (32GB DDR4 2133mhz) (I7 5980K OC 4.5Ghz) (512GB SSDs + 2TB storage drives)

"How on earth is a video game supposed to help you "feel the smell of ash"? Maybe CA could package some up with your disc." -Mackles
    edited September 2012
    Stutter is back and A LOT worse, I've just finished firing up Shogun 2 on two different systems at my house, one under DX9 and the other DX11, one an Nvidia card, the other AMD, I get the EXACT same effect, any option I choose on the menu when selected, takes me to that choice, when the menu is closed, the background that's always swirling around completely locks up making it impossible to do anything for about 2 seconds, then the background resumes it's movement and I can select a new menu option.

How about an option choice drop down that gives me the choice of returning to the original Shogun 2 backgrounds that were mostly static and never locked up?
    edited September 2012
    Hello?

This is happening to more people than me btw, the main forum has a thread started on the same bug.

Not sure what changed recently (w/in the last week or so) that jacked up the backgrounds of the main menu, but it's locking up now, and you really should take a look at what's causing it. Could well be steam is the issue, when I play offline this menu lock up does not take place.
2»