Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

Darthmod: What does it do?

Mac117Mac117 Junior MemberPosts: 7Registered Users
edited May 2013 in Total War: Shogun 2
Hi, I've been looking for some good shogun 2/FotS mods and everywhere I've looked they've recommended darthmod. What does this mod do exactly? Can you please be very specific with the changes? Thank you
Post edited by Mac117 on

Comments

• Frodo45127Frodo45127 Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=453038
    See the part were say "Main features". It's like a resume of what have darthMod.
  • Mac117Mac117 Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the quick reply, that's exactly what I was looking for, one last question, is this mod just for shogun 2, or will it work with fall of the samurai as well?
  • VastatorVastator Senior Member Posts: 1,288Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    It works also for FoTS and RoTS.
    Disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Also because i don't work for The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Creator of "Vastator Unit Style" for Shogun 2: Here or here
  • Mac117Mac117 Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    Alright, thank you very much for your help.
  • Napoleon_BonaparteNapoleon_Bonaparte Banned Posts: 164Banned Users
    edited September 2012
    *Warning* Darthmod can destroy your game and you'll have to buy a new game. My friend Downloaded the darthmod, worked perfectly, but one day it ruined his game. He had to Reboot his Computer and buy a new Game.
  • Man o' WarMan o' War Senior Member Posts: 974Registered Users
    edited September 2012
    Buy a new game?
    Surely he just had ro re-install the game?
    edited October 2012
    Man o' War wrote: »
    Buy a new game?
    Surely he just had ro re-install the game?
    He bought the game off steam, so he had to buy the Disc version.
  • Ace BlazerAce Blazer Senior Member Toronto, CanadaPosts: 5,909Registered Users
    edited October 2012
    What are you on about? If you buy the game off Steam, you can download a new original version for free.
    My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
    Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
    Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.
  • DenmarkRulesDenmarkRules Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,181Registered Users
    edited October 2012
    Ah that made me LOL :D
    "The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
    edited October 2012
    Ace Blazer wrote: »
    What are you on about? If you buy the game off Steam, you can download a new original version for free.
    Ask my friend, just what he told me. So either he lied or he's telling truth. Dunno
    edited October 2012
    With all the respect in the world NB I thought your original statement about Darthmod forcing someone to buy a new game was BS.

But you really shouldn't make sweeping statements with *Warnings* that you heard off a "friend" that are, or can be damaging to a mans reputation who has possibly spent thousands of hours modding games for the benefit of the community.

Your "friend" must have a Steam account so why not let the dev's talk to him to find out exactly what happened and how Darthmod destroyed his game.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 12,283Registered Users
    edited October 2012
    Because if you download a mod and it worked fine, then another day your game had a problem, the culprit must have been the downloaded mod, right?

I had some major kinks the other night trying to load up Shogun2, and it all started after I did a major update. After a few verifying game caches and restarting Steam, it worked fine. It had nothing to do with the mods I have installed, major or not.

Also, buying a disc version doesn't solve squat. You'd have to make a hole new account just for that. Your "friend" has a 50% chance of lying, or 50% of distorting the truth. "Rebooting" his computer I take it you meant reformatting, which your friend" could have at least consulted help here or on TWC's forums. At the very least he should have just uninstalled the mod to see if it was actually causing the problem.

If you want us to ask your friend, you could have at least provided his steam profile. Frankly we can never know for sure whether Darthmod really was the problem. Considering the facts s/he's either lying, or frankly stupid. And if what you said your friend did was true, then its most likely that s/he's both.

And if you don even know if he's telling the truth you shouldn't be making such statements and treating them as such.
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code]
    in your post Baldrick: "I heard the Great War started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he was hungry."[/SIZE][code] in your post
    Baldrick: "I heard the Great War started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he was hungry."
  • MustachewarfareMustachewarfare Senior Member Posts: 1,090Registered Users
    edited October 2012
    Ask my friend, just what he told me. So either he lied or he's telling truth. Dunno
    Tell your friend that there is no way darth mod would wreck the game. Darthmod is the best mod series for total war without doubt... Ask him whether he did something other than installation guide told him to do.
    edited October 2012
    Tell your friend that there is no way darth mod would wreck the game. Darthmod is the best mod series for total war without doubt... Ask him whether he did something other than installation guide told him to do.
    Hmmm, then how is it that Darthmod destroyed my ETW?, I installed the mod worked perfect for acouple of days, then one morning I turn the Game on and it worked up until it crashed after that my ETW wouldn't launch. My friend "Emporator" Who Deleted his Account in 2011, told me that all mods Can somtimes, do that. Just the other day I downloaed Radiuos mod, a Really good modder, and a friend, Worked perfectly, but I had to Completly un-install shogun 2 because the mod made it so I couldn't take screen shots.

Now All I did was provide a warning that the mod could do that, doesn't mean it will. And you guys ask why, my friend won't post on the forums, is because you guys would call him a liar, Block/Bann him for providing usless information like you guys did to me. Now, how the **** do you guys know it didn't happen? Are you his friend, are you hacking his screen? are you sitting right beside him while it doesn't happen? I get tired of everyone including moderators saying I'm giving false information when I don't because, truly it has happened to meand it has happened to many people and for that reason alot of people don't download mods because they know their game is at risk.

Thank you. And I know moderators will probly just give me another infration or block/ban me for this reply but honestly I don't give a **** anymore because people need to hear the truth.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 12,283Registered Users
    edited October 2012
    Hmmm, then how is it that Darthmod destroyed my ETW?
    Well, how do you know that it was indeed Darthmod that destroyed your ETW and not another technical issue? ETW is notorious for having numerous technical problems, especially post-release. Would it not then be logical to at least attempt to verify whether or not it was actually a specific mod that is causing these problems, and that such problems would likely go away if the mod was removed, thus foregoing any reason to uninstalling the entire game, or Steam, or reformatting the computer, and thus removing the need to start up a new Steam account and buying the game again?

Your story is at best an example of a spurious relationship- that you think Darthmod is the reason why your game was having issues, when in reality, it may well be something else.

We do not doubt whether or not you or your friend had issues with the game after using Darthmod- we doubt that the reason your games had issues was because of Darthmod. The TRUTH is that you think so, but have nothing to prove it's really the case.

And that's the problem with your claim- you're warning people that, because you had issues with your game after installing Darthmod, that it MUST be Darthmod that will be causing these troubles. A claim that's never been proven
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code]
    in your post Baldrick: "I heard the Great War started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he was hungry."[/SIZE][code] in your post
    Baldrick: "I heard the Great War started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he was hungry."
    edited October 2012
    Stay cool NB, I think your heart's in the right place but your delivery is a bit off.

It's probably best to let this one go. As the old saying goes...

When you can no longer chuck the dirt from the hole...
    ... it's time to stop digging.
  • Ace BlazerAce Blazer Senior Member Toronto, CanadaPosts: 5,909Registered Users
    edited October 2012
    Nowhere in that post did I see a mention of him having to buy a new version via disc. You said that with Radious you had to uninstall it. That doesn't equate to buying a new game. Sure corruption of your game and having to re-install happens often enough, but actually having to buy a new game makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
    Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
    Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.
  • MustachewarfareMustachewarfare Senior Member Posts: 1,090Registered Users
    edited October 2012
    Hmmm, then how is it that Darthmod destroyed my ETW?, I installed the mod worked perfect for acouple of days, then one morning I turn the Game on and it worked up until it crashed after that my ETW wouldn't launch. My friend "Emporator" Who Deleted his Account in 2011, told me that all mods Can somtimes, do that. Just the other day I downloaed Radiuos mod, a Really good modder, and a friend, Worked perfectly, but I had to Completly un-install shogun 2 because the mod made it so I couldn't take screen shots.

Now All I did was provide a warning that the mod could do that, doesn't mean it will. And you guys ask why, my friend won't post on the forums, is because you guys would call him a liar, Block/Bann him for providing usless information like you guys did to me. Now, how the **** do you guys know it didn't happen? Are you his friend, are you hacking his screen? are you sitting right beside him while it doesn't happen? I get tired of everyone including moderators saying I'm giving false information when I don't because, truly it has happened to meand it has happened to many people and for that reason alot of people don't download mods because they know their game is at risk.

Thank you. And I know moderators will probly just give me another infration or block/ban me for this reply but honestly I don't give a **** anymore because people need to hear the truth.

I am not 100% sure but i can tell you what might possible. At least for Napoleon total war darthmod, what they do is make the files look like they are vanilla. (Not sure how but if i remember correctly that is how they solve problem of steam freaking about mod for napoleon. Until Mythos edition, lot of player couldn't play napoleon darthmod because of steam freaking out) So what may happen is that when you delete the mod and try to play vanilla, not all your file didn't actually restore to vanilla and it will freak out by the conflict. When you verify the game cache, the steam would recognize the file as vanila so it wouldn't see there is an issue.

So what you should do is using darthmod launcher to restore vanilla. If you have already deleted darthmod, you can simply delete local content and just download it again. It should work without much issue.

This happened to me before. And the solution is relatively simple. If darthmod is capable of permanently damaging your game even after this, then i would only suspect that steam didn't delete local content 100%.
  • Napoleonic Total War IIINapoleonic Total War III Banned Posts: 336Banned Users
    edited October 2012
    Its easy to uninstall Darthmod if you have Windows 7. Just go on the mod launcher, press properties, and there will be a uninstall option, press it and then uninstall it, I did it on my shogun 2 , the only problem was that the animations were bad. Shogun 2 is working fine now without it.

But those inexperienced with mods will certainly experience this.
  • nusferatumnusferatum Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited April 2013
    Hello all. I have been a huge fan of all the total war series but never had the pleasure of playing the modded versions. i unfortunately could not download the "all in one mod" for napoleon due to my steam version of the game. so i decided to try darthmod. unfortunately once installed, the game would not load and sends me back to desktop. any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • ArcinatusArcinatus Member Posts: 69Registered Users
    edited May 2013
    nusferatum wrote: »
    Hello all. I have been a huge fan of all the total war series but never had the pleasure of playing the modded versions. i unfortunately could not download the "all in one mod" for napoleon due to my steam version of the game. so i decided to try darthmod. unfortunately once installed, the game would not load and sends me back to desktop. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I find this rather odd, as I had the exact opposite thing happen to me. I could never play the vanilla version of Napoleon, it would always send me back to desktop like what you're describing. Strangely, once I installed Darthmod, I could play it just fine.
    Loyalty. Duty. Respect. Selfless Service. Honor. Integrity. Personal Courage.
    8.jpg
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,839Registered Users, Moderators
    edited May 2013
    It should be said, that posting in all the wrong places is against the Forum Rules.

Please continue this discussion here: http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisplay.php/22-Napoleon-TW-Mods

Thread closed.
    Not easy being a gunpowderhead

Forum Terms and Conditions
    When in doubt, check the stickies
    After every download, verify integrity of game cache

Fickle is the lady Fora
This discussion has been closed.