Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Advice

TotalwarloverTotalwarlover MemberPosts: 95Registered Users
edited January 2011 in Technology
Hello everybody!

I really need a new computer but i don't know much about this stuff so i would like to know what kind of graphics card and CPU you guys recommend.
[PORTABLE-ID]totalwarlover[/PORTABLE-ID]
"I know only one thing, that I know nothing" Socrates
Post edited by Totalwarlover on

Comments

• ViCToRiaViCToRia Banned Posts: 1,297Banned Users
    edited January 2011
    There are threads about youre problem .
  • TotalwarloverTotalwarlover Member Posts: 95Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    oooh sorry can you show me one
    [PORTABLE-ID]totalwarlover[/PORTABLE-ID]
    "I know only one thing, that I know nothing" Socrates
  • WartonWarton Senior Member Posts: 103Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Hello everybody!

I really need a new computer but i don't know much about this stuff so i would like to know what kind of graphics card and CPU you guys recommend.

You are asking it wrong. First of all how much money do you have for this project? Second for what do you want to use your computer? Video rendering? Gaming? Surfing on the net? Etc. You must clarify these things first, then we can give you advices.
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited January 2011
    There are threads on "if my rig will run S2" but no specific threads you are required to post in for your individual case of what computer should I buy for _my needs_. This is fine here, so we can concentrate on YOUR interest Totalwarlover. (I am going to shorten your sn in my responses, as its so long, so if I say Twl, hopeully you'll know I mean YOU! heh!)

Now to cases,
    Warton is right at least in part (if a trifle short :) ).
    1)Where are you, or where will you be ordering parts/system from
    2)We need either a price range or a performance level.
    3)We should also know is this a desktop or a laptop, and what you will be doing with it.
    4)Finally, are you building this yourself or getting help, or are you needing it to be pre-built?
    Answer these questions and we can get you some pretty good options and deliver whatever level of information detail you are seeking.

Al
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited January 2011
    You might want to read my post immediately above yours first ViCToRia. :) Thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest