Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cannibalism

13»

Comments

• vaptinvaptin Senior Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    One could argue ethically, I was just wondering why no one had brought it up yet, I guess cos it was a bad idea.
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited January 2011
    Wow, at this point there is only one immediate route that this "eating your fellow man" brainstorm can take. And I refuse to witness it!
  • williamcarter1993williamcarter1993 Senior Member Posts: 636Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Wow, at this point there is only one immediate route that this "eating your fellow man" brainstorm can take. And I refuse to witness it!

Which is?!
    Yea verily, as I gallop through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no human, for I am the hungriest carnivore in all the land
  • Seleukos of OlympiaSeleukos of Olympia Senior Member Posts: 770Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Clover wrote: »
    uh...it's called taking communion...no one is forced to do it, but it's symbolic to 'remember' the last supper and the words Jesus spoke, as well as the crucifixion. The bread is supposed to represent the body, while the g**** juice (or wine in some Churches) represent the blood.

I think it comes from a mistranslation of the word "consume" in English, which pretty much means to ingest or eat. Yet the original text had a much closer meaning to 'absorb' or to become one with. Most Churches stoped communion, or only practice it on Easter, but many denomination Churches such as Catholics take it far more often- some every service.

Did someone seriously suggest Feces as a better alternative? This whole topic is making me queasy..

There are churches that use gr.ape juice? Here in Greece they always use wine. The Greek name of the ceremony (I believe it predates that Latin one) is 'theia eukharistia', which translates as 'divine thanksgiving'. The faithful sip wine and eat bread in remembrance of the Last Supper.
  • CogreCogre Senior Member Posts: 2,169Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    this turn of the thread is interesting. did you know that the early christians taking of communion was how the romans persecuted them. they were accused of cannibalism. one is supposed to visualize one is actually partaking of christs body and blood.

so the hapless early christian was forced to say how he/she took communion and blam sentenced to death on the crime of cannibalism.
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!
  • Ace_BlazerAce_Blazer Senior Member Toronto, CanadaPosts: 5,918Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    In any survivial situation never ever eat (or drink) feces, despite what Mr. Man vs Wild (aka Bear Gryllis) demonstrated. Feces among other things can lead to dysentry.

My dad is a fairly crazy man in his retirement days. He's looked into research about how the chemical make-up of the communion bread & wine have changed after they're blessed.
    My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
    Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
    Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.
  • ToxicseagullToxicseagull Senior Member Posts: 944Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    avoid the brain as well, its meant to be a bit rubbish and can transfer some pretty nasty diseases such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzfeldt%E2%80%93Jakob_disease
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited January 2011
    I thought that the bread and wine actually being the body and blood of Mr. Christ was introduced to the doctrine relatively late, as in medieval times, and is still a fairly debated tenet.
  • AeraaaAeraaa Senior Member Posts: 178Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    avoid the brain as well, its meant to be a bit rubbish and can transfer some pretty nasty diseases such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzfeldt%E2%80%93Jakob_disease

Also, if you'd like to eat a human, do it fast. You dont want to eat a rotting corpse, that's for sure...
  • ToxicseagullToxicseagull Senior Member Posts: 944Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    yeh guess it depends where you are. if your up high or in the colder climes you have a bit more time to decide
  • darren jkdarren jk Senior Member Praying in the temple of shireknights cultPosts: 2,059Registered Users
    edited January 2011
  • CloverClover Senior Member Posts: 4,964Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    There are churches that use gr.ape juice? .

Yeah, i've taken it a few times ( i think like 5 times) in my life, and it's always been g**** juice. I'm sure wine is still popular, but i;ve never came across it. I think it's because g**** juice is much less argumentative, a lot of people including myself refuse to drink, and making communion involve wine would just create unnecessary problems that could easily be avoided.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • darren jkdarren jk Senior Member Praying in the temple of shireknights cultPosts: 2,059Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    I dont remember getting wine in church?Maybe im in the wrong religion.Im catholic.EDIT i was catholic
    VENI VIDI VICI :D
  • Seleukos of OlympiaSeleukos of Olympia Senior Member Posts: 770Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    How quaint. It probably started in the Middle Ages with the Catholic Church because I remember the Hussites revolting because they wanted to use wine at communion, which had been discontinued in northern Europe due to high cost (unless I remember something completely wrong).
  • GustavGustav Senior Member Posts: 697Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    I was raised Lutheran and we had communion every other Sunday, you could also choose between wine and gr.ape juice.
    "Oh, every life is precious, everyone is equally valuable. And maybe that's true, in Pixieland." - James Patterson

"Science taste like vomit" - Kari Byron
    edited January 2011
    church food is sounding better and better
    Yea verily, as I gallop through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no human, for I am the hungriest carnivore in all the land
    edited January 2011
    and its free,they just want your soul muhahahahah
    VENI VIDI VICI :D
    edited January 2011
    I ain't got no soul
  • Psycho_VPsycho_V Registered User Posts: 511Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Aeraaa wrote: »
    Also, if you'd like to eat a human, do it fast. You dont want to eat a rotting corpse, that's for sure...

Ok... Closed
    "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, 1572 – 1631, Meditation 17)
This discussion has been closed.