Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

We all know the expansion is going to be Korea.

2»

Comments

• IquabakanerIquabakaner Senior Member Hong KongRegistered Users Posts: 149
    edited January 2011
    Leckan wrote: »
    Everyone should read up on the naval battles here;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_invasions_of_Korea#Naval_battles_of_Admiral_Yi

I don't think I have ever read about a better admiral than the Korean Admiral Yi Sun-sin.
    Yi was a great admiral indeed but the Korean government at that time was in chaos. Japanese lost because the Chinese joined the war.
  • LeckanLeckan Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 798
    edited January 2011
    Yi was a great admiral indeed but the Korean government at that time was in chaos. Japanese lost because the Chinese joined the war.

I totally agree, I didn't say otherwise. Without the chinese fleet helping Yi they would also have failed in the sea, and even quicker, on land (where they already had failed almost when China came to help).
    In a thread about the 21st of may "rapture"
    "Good job it didn't happen really because I'm still watching the last season of Married with Children and I'd hate to not know what happens in the last episode." - Shireknight
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 980
    edited January 2011
    Another idea for an expansion would be to set it at the end of the Tokugawa Shogunate and begining of the Meiji restoration.Where you take part in the Boshin wars. This opens up a whole new set of challenges,like more modern weapons and steam ships while keeping the traditional samurai feel. You can play as Samurai loyalists or as the Imperial forces, which in sence bring a mixture of NTW and STW2 together. STW2 allows you to play in the golden age of the samurai and fighting in the Boshin Wars allows you to experience the end of the samurai era. As mentioned before this too would also allow TW to stay away from any sensitive issues like the Korean campaign.Just throwing some ideas out there, a Boshin war expansion does sound interesting.

that is a really great idea, then as hero character for the imperialist you have Himura Kenshin, and for the loyalist you have Saitō Hajime.
    But would it not be unfair for the loyalist army's cause the imperialisten are more modern and they will just blow the samurai to dust!
  • MizuBushidoMizuBushido Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 28
    edited January 2011
    that is a really great idea, then as hero character for the imperialist you have Himura Kenshin, and for the loyalist you have Saitō Hajime.But would it not be unfair for the loyalist army's cause the imperialisten are more modern and they will just blow the samurai to dust!
    Thanks and good idea for the hero units; well at the begining of the Boshn wars, both sides were pretty much on equal footing.Having the Boshin wars as an expansion like all TW series allows one to make history their own, so to speak. You could make alliances with foriegn powers and maybe tip the balance of power toward the Shogun forces. So I don't believe it would be one sided.
  • CloverClover Senior Member Ohio, United StatesRegistered Users Posts: 4,964
    edited January 2011
    Wait, i thought Kenshin Himura was a fictional character?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • Sanjuro#3991Sanjuro#3991 Senior Member U.K.Registered Users Posts: 1,830
    edited January 2011
    i've said it before and ill say it again

the most likely expansion would be a "TW: Tokugawa" focusing on the Sekigahara campaign of 1598-1603

Quite possible. A smaller, more detailed part of Japan to play on. I could easily see CA go for this.
  • MizuBushidoMizuBushido Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 28
    edited January 2011
    Wait, i thought Kenshin Himura was a fictional character?
    I believe he is from a Japanese anime and would fit well with the Tom Cruise "Last Samurai" Hero unit.....JK. Saito Hajime on the other hand was real and a Shinsengumi captain. If they did choose to make a Boshin war expansion they could have Saigo Takamori as a hero unit for the Imperial forces.
  • Seru1Seru1 Member Registered Users Posts: 37
    edited January 2011
    I wouldn't buy a tokugawa total war just like I ignored napolean. I hope they add korea as a DLC. Either way the core game will give me years of fun.
  • SugamSugam Senior Member US, MNRegistered Users Posts: 400
    edited January 2011
    shogun 2 will add a long time of fun (some of us hard core total war fans will be playing it for years for sure) and no there wont be a DLC of Korea.
  • ArdirarthurArdirarthur Registered Users Posts: 5
    Why depiction of two existing entities set in sixteenth century (by European reckoning) would offend anybody?
    Denying ones subject's influence on the other would do offend though. Imho, it is just making excuses from publishers/developers side why not to satisfy playerbase devoted to Shagun2's lore. The DLC's marketing campaign doesn't have to point who is being conquered. The DLC doesn't have to dictate the outcome but it could allow it, am I right? And there would not be any shame in that.
    It is sandbox startegy game placed in that era that allows u to immerse and lets u feel how writing history works.

2.) If created with instructions above the game with such DLC would create possibility to Japan be advanced by Korea, so I don't see any serious inconviniences staying on the way of making such DLC.

The only shame would be in not being sorry for the crimes that happen to humanity but I doubt that being the CA's/SEGA's sake.

~Ardir
  • SherassonniSherassonni Registered Users Posts: 29
    When adding Korea (Joseon) and China (Ming), the DLC could also include the Jurchens. During the Japanese invasion of Korea, the Japanese general named Katō Kiyomasa led his army across Korea's northern border and attacked the Jurchens.