Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Should cannabis be legalized?

darren jkdarren jk Senior MemberPraying in the temple of shireknights cultPosts: 2,059Registered Users
edited January 2011 in The Graveyard
Well should it be legalized and our governments make some cash from it instead of drug dealers.It may mean less drug related shootings.People seem to have a desire to put cigs and alcohol and drugs into their bodys so why not just let them?The war on drugs will never be won as long as people want these thrills.
VENI VIDI VICI :D
Post edited by darren jk on

Comments

• CloverClover Senior Member Posts: 4,964Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    It's a violation of another person's body who has not given consent to being devoured...then there are the health concerns, eating Human flesh causes the shakes which leads to death...are you seriously asking if Cannibalism should be legalized? -.-

OH! I misread it.. xD

It's a plant..isn't that politics though? Thats not allowed..
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • Seleukos of OlympiaSeleukos of Olympia Senior Member Posts: 770Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Erm, Clover? He said cannabis, not cannibalism...

I say yeah, caffeine and nicotine are already legal, why let criminals profit from that could be legally sold and taxed?
  • williamcarter1993williamcarter1993 Senior Member Posts: 636Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Folks gonna smoke the grass regardless. SO legalize it so folks can buy it easy instead of gangsterize and shoot and kill and the wrong folks profit off it. They ain't never gonna get rid of drugs anyway unless they go burn all the poppy fields and hunt down all the cannabis jungles or the coca pods, and i doubt any country wants to waste money doing that.

Just cause its legal don't mean everyone gonna smoke it.
    Yea verily, as I gallop through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no human, for I am the hungriest carnivore in all the land
  • darren jkdarren jk Senior Member Praying in the temple of shireknights cultPosts: 2,059Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    I think your stoned clover lol..There is lots of alcoholics and people dying from smoking so how is that moral and yet hash is sooooo bad?I mean an adult should decide.At least we would be sure what we are getting off the government would be safe,i mean people in often get soap bars off dealers and plastic and crazy stuff can often be found in the hash.Could the taxes be used for good in the community and the drug barons would lose power right?
  • CloverClover Senior Member Posts: 4,964Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    It's still political..it's going to get closed..
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • darren jkdarren jk Senior Member Praying in the temple of shireknights cultPosts: 2,059Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    :pNooooooo im trying to liven up the forum
    edited January 2011
    How is it political. We ain't said nothing about government or political parties yet. I don't even think anythign political related has to do with legalizing of weed as it is in this thread. All we said so far is what reasons people would want to legalize the grass. Now if it went from this to ("Republicans (Democrats, etc, ) need to do this or that or God darn you (so-and-so) all you left-winging or right-winging people, etc. etc.) then it had gone political
    Yea verily, as I gallop through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no human, for I am the hungriest carnivore in all the land
  • IBlewAFuseIBlewAFuse Senior Member CanadaPosts: 1,389Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    I smoked enough back in my day...the only bad thing was that I sometimes become too burnt out to do anything with my girlfriend or just friends in general...lots of good food though.
    edited January 2011
    If god made grass and man made beer who would you trust?What are the cons against cannibis why are the governments so strict about it?
  • GSCGSC Senior Member Posts: 1,687Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    I suggest it shouldn't be allowed so would be smoking and alcohol should (somehow) be limited.
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited January 2011
    I don't see how this is political, unless the mod who closes this is hardcore republican (or equivalent).

I think there is a double standard with cannabis. There are legit studies that state it to be a milder drug than alcohol with a lower yearly death rate predictions.
  • LeckanLeckan Senior Member Posts: 798Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    I see it as a bad thing, but marijuana could perhaps be studied and made more harmless, if the US government did that and sold it and took nice taxes... Boy would US rise to rule the economy once again!
    In a thread about the 21st of may "rapture"
    "Good job it didn't happen really because I'm still watching the last season of Married with Children and I'd hate to not know what happens in the last episode." - Shireknight
    edited January 2011
    More folks die of alcoholism than highness off that grass
  • GustavGustav Senior Member Posts: 697Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    well it is "legal" (for medical purposes) in several states. If they did legalize it then more than likely several companies would start mass producing it, and cutting off a cash crop for several criminal organizations.
    "Oh, every life is precious, everyone is equally valuable. And maybe that's true, in Pixieland." - James Patterson

"Science taste like vomit" - Kari Byron
  • LeckanLeckan Senior Member Posts: 798Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Gustav wrote: »
    well it is "legal" (for medical purposes) in several states. If they did legalize it then more than likely several companies would start mass producing it, and cutting off a cash crop for several criminal organizations.

Indeed, while at the same time the US government getting more taxes on it so they can spend even more on the police. Bigger crime organisations would really get it a lot worse.
    In a thread about the 21st of may "rapture"
    "Good job it didn't happen really because I'm still watching the last season of Married with Children and I'd hate to not know what happens in the last episode." - Shireknight
    edited January 2011
    i think most everyone here seems to be in favor of legal weed. I wonder how many folks here would smoke it if it was legalized?
    edited January 2011
    I did when it was illegal so maybe.It does slow the brain down though.But i have had some of my funniest times stoned.I think everything in moderation is ok the greeks used to have a philosophy on moderation i think back in the time of alexander.People should be educated more about drugs and how to and how not to take them.Instead of thinking omg we are doing somthing we shouldnt and then we want to be rebels
    edited January 2011
    I did when it was illegal so maybe
    How much did you use to smoke when you smoke it at one time? Was it a small, medium , or big joint, or half a bag wrapped in some newspaper or what?
  • Psycho_VPsycho_V Registered User Posts: 511Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    How much did you use to smoke when you smoke it at one time? Was it a small, medium , or big joint, or half a bag wrapped in some newspaper or what?

I'm sorry guys but we have to keep this forum family friendly ... hence discussing drugs is a no no. Closed
    "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, 1572 – 1631, Meditation 17)
This discussion has been closed.