Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Build-Basic Questions

MizuBushidoMizuBushido Junior MemberPosts: 28Registered Users
edited January 2011 in Technology
Hi I have a few questions concerning my new build but first I have to give my specs:
Cpu: Intel i5 2500k
Mobo: Asus P8P67 Pro
GPU: Sapphire 6850
PSU: Corsair 650w(650tx)
Memory: 4gb(2x2gb) Ripjaw DDR3 1600 (the light blue ones)
HD: Western Digital 640gb 3gb/s
AMHS: Cooler Master Hyper 912 plus(with artic silver)
Drive: Asus DVD Burner
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912(With a added 200mm fan)

What I heard so far is that having good airflow is important and thats where my problem is. How do I know this case will provide that? I am adding a additional 200mm to the front of the case.
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id=19&product_id=3009

My second question is concerning my Driver.When it comes to steam and just say buying the game in store,would I need a Blu Ray Drive to play the game in HD and how does steam work?

The third question would be as I have listed my specs.Is there any reason I would be faced with bottlenecks from games and is there any issue with power?

These are just the final questions I have before putting this whole system Together. This is my first build,so I'm trying to get a better understanding of these things.Thanks for the help and all who have helped me along the way on these forums.:cool:
Post edited by MizuBushido on

Comments

• evotucevotuc Senior Member Posts: 983Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Hi MizuBushido!

Question:

1. Just try to match the incoming and outgoing air. Hypothetically, if you have three 120mm fans blowing in, you want three 120mm fans blowing out.

2. You won't need a Bluray drive to play the game in HD.

3. Your system looks well balanced.
    2% Club
    FX 8350
    Sabertooth 990FX
    8GB 1600 RAM
    AMD 7950
    How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it?
  • MizuBushidoMizuBushido Junior Member Posts: 28Registered Users
    edited January 2011
    Hi Evotuc
    1. Just try to match the incoming and outgoing air. Hypothetically, if you have three 120mm fans blowing in, you want three 120mm fans blowing out.
    I'm going to take the front 120mm fan and move it to the top exhust fan spot and put a 200mm fan on the front,so technically its going to be 220mm of exhust and 200mm of intake,which seems balanced.
    2. You won't need a Bluray drive to play the game in HD.
    You won't need a Bluray drive to play the game in HD
    Thats good to know; I would have had to spend $50 at least on a Blu Ray drive. I wasn't too sure about how steam worked(I'm buying STW2 in store,not on steam).
    Your system looks well balanced
    Thanks its been hard work but I got alot of help from members and moderators on this forum.
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited January 2011
    Good to hear that Mizu! I agree with what Evo said - and what you are doing is a good thing - as having a slightly 'negative' air pressure (meaning you are pushing 'out' a little more than you are pushing 'in') among other things, makes your screens trap dust on the _outside_ as opposed to makeing them retainers for dust INSIDE! LOL! Good fortune, that will be a capable machine for sometime - hope you will visit us again when you have finished -maybe post a pic!

Al
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest