Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I do not want to play full-screen

AmunRaAmunRa Senior MemberPosts: 134Registered Users
edited February 2013 in New Players
Please make it possible to see the Windows menu bar below, during the game. I do not want to play full-screen on the entire screen. It is not convenient when I want a little break from the game, I forced to leave the game.
A descendant of the Scythians and Alans
My Albums for Rome 2
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/106346158396884588970/albums
Post edited by AmunRa on

Comments

• mr_orbitmr_orbit Senior Member Posts: 415Registered Users
    edited January 2013
    alt+tab?
    What would you have me do, Caesar?
  • SkollopSkollop Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,287Registered Users
    edited January 2013
    I'm quite certain it has been a possibility in settings in al TW-games to put the game in windowed-mode.
    Previously known as DenmarkRules
  • mr_orbitmr_orbit Senior Member Posts: 415Registered Users
    edited January 2013
    personally I wouldn't for a million years want something as modern and real-world like as the Windows taskbar distract me from the illusion the gamegraphics would hopefully be building up around me. I think the CA designers feel the same way.
    Kind of the same way most movie directors don't like their creations broadcasted with commercial breaks in the middle...

but yeah, I thinks it's been an option on earlier titles.
    What would you have me do, Caesar?
  • ChristopherDGillChristopherDGill Senior Member Posts: 163Registered Users
    edited January 2013
    You can play most games nowadays in "windows mode". Besides you could just press alt + tab lol.
  • gunner38gunner38 Senior Member Posts: 521Registered Users
    edited January 2013
    Or in Steam “shift+tab“ to acces steam menu and then the the “windows“ key. -.-“

I use the steam menu to check accolades in game and to check the clock fast.
  • SkollopSkollop Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,287Registered Users
    edited January 2013
    All you guys suggest alt+tab, but he quite clearly says that he does not want to do that. He wants it easier which can only be done in windowed mode.

So change it in settings, or just the ctrl+enter to put it in windowed. Can't be much easier...
    Previously known as DenmarkRules
  • AmunRaAmunRa Senior Member Posts: 134Registered Users
    edited January 2013
    Thanks but I knew it, I want to always see the control panel Windows. This should be available in the settings. I do not know maybe it has in Shogun 2 and other games, I forgot them because I have yet to play in Rome 1.
    A descendant of the Scythians and Alans
    My Albums for Rome 2
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/106346158396884588970/albums
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited January 2013
    As there is a solution to the OP's dilemma, I'll move this to the Off Topics.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,176Registered Users
    edited January 2013
    All you guys suggest alt+tab, but he quite clearly says that he does not want to do that.
    "It is not convenient when I want a little break from the game, I forced to leave the game." is not a translation of "I don't like to alt-tab"
    He wants it easier which can only be done in windowed mode.
    I use windowed mode for Shogun2 and Empire. I assume the same can be said for Napoleon.

It is clear that the OP has not exerted any effort into whether current TW games offer this feature, nor is he making comparisons with any TW game, and thus making a suggestion for a feature that already exists and would make no sense to leave out in the future.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • Zork90Zork90 Senior Member Kingdom of SwedenPosts: 1,438Registered Users
    edited February 2013
    Run the game in windowed mode, thats the closest you'll get.
    The North Remembers
    You haven't missed the Forum Terms & Conditions, have you?

Check out my build for Rome II.