MTW XL Mod by VikingHorde. Description:
-- Medieval: Total War XL --
This is the final version of the XL mod for MTW. I made the mod the way I believe MTW should had been, harder and with more factions.
-- Features of version 3.0: --
- New versions of Early, High and Late.
- New map with 9 new provinces.
- 17 new factions. Included are: Armenians, Bohemians, Bulgarians, Crusader States, ***ans, Genoese, Hospitaller Order, Irish, Lithuanians, Norwegians, Portuguese, Scots, Serbians, Swedes, Teutonic Knights, Venetians, and Volga Bulgars.
- The unplayable factions can now be played (Burgundians, Golden Horde, Novgorod and the Papalcy)
- Lots of new units.
- Lots of new heroes.
- Landbriges removed.
- New Hospital, Bank and Royal bank building added.
- 3 pagan religious buildings added.
- Pagan shaman, emissaries, spies and assassins.
- New unit stats (Units have more correct stats and higher morale. Battles are now much harder and fun!).
- Improved AI (Build better units, better empire building)
- New trade structure (The AI can't handle the trade network in the original game, giving the player a big advantage. Trade income has therefore been reduced and farm income increased by 30%).
- GA mode playable with all factions.
- New GA and Prebattle shields for all factions.
- New music (large version only).
- Old game still playable, but only with the 9 new provinces.
- Auto-install (very easy install).
- English and Spanish language.
- And more!
MTW - Viking Invasion is needed to play this mod.
Medieval - Total War XL 3.0 full version:http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/64649/vh_mtw_xl3_full-exe
If you have installed another language version of MTW than English and Spanish, then you will need to make some small changes to the game. Copy all the files from loc\eng into the folder loc\"your language" (Backup the old files just in case).
If you have questions, problems or feedback, then please post it here. This thread deals with anything related to this MOD.
BKB Super Mod by Blind king of Bohemia. Description:
The Super Mod is now finally finished! Thank you for all of your support. You can get it from the following locations:
(Dead link, but can probably be found somewhere on the Org, probably a new link to the Mizus server) http://www.mizus.com/Files/k0rgs8gVt/MTW/Stats/BKB%20Super%20Mod%20Version%202.0.exe
Or the 3d downloads link:http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=35039
The BKB Super Mod features:
* New maps for Super Early, High and Late, with new and exclusive provinces for each era! (including the Balearics and Iceland!)
* Finely balanced versions of all three periods!
* Over 170 new units, with exclusive units for each era. These include Mounted Handgunners, Korean Mongol units, Norman Knights, Order Foot Knights, Landsknechts, Welsh Longbowmen, Anatolian Infantry, New Knightly Orders, Svean Axemen, Iranian Ghulams, Chinese Fire Archers, Orebite Spearmen, Gothic Men At Arms and Siculo-Muslim Archers!
* 27 new factions added, with exclusive ones in each era! These include the Lithuanians, Welsh, Scots, Irish, Latin States, Almoravids, Georgians, Bulgarians, ***ans, Ilkhanate, Flemish, Hospitallers, Serbians and Wallachians!
* 7 new agents, including Pagan exclusive ones, a Heretic Priest, Jewish Master Merchant and Qadis!
* Many new buildings, including a Heretic Church, Camel Train, Synagogue, Axesmith and Law Courts!
* A new composite bow has been added, which will give the Eastern archers the advantage they need!
* New factional titles, including ‘Royal Magistrates’, ‘Rabbis’, 'Lord Executioners', 'Champion of the Joust' and leaders of themed Heretical cults. Assign them at your peril!
* Adjustments to original unit stats and changes to original faction AI.
* The removal of certain land bridges!
* Many new graphics, including new unit shield and flags for the new factions!
* New Trade goods - Slaves, Horses, Cattle and more!
* Over a hundred new heroes added, all real!
* Brand new names for the new factions, including Princess names!
* New Loading Screen!
* Deadpage Coords for each era!
* An Easy Auto-Install!
* Plus much, much more!
VERY IMPORTANT - Ensure that you install it directly into your 'Total War' folder. The default installation is set for your 'Medieval - Total War' folder. This is wrong - ensure that it is installed into your 'Total War' folder, the one 'Medieval - Total War' can actually be found in.
It is highly recommended that you do it on a fresh install as it will now unfortunately harm your current game.
YOU CAN ONLY GET ONE PERIOD'S DEADPAGE COORDS TO WORK AT A TIME. BEFORE YOU START THE GAME, GO INTO 'TEXTURES/MEN', AND WHATEVER PERIOD YOU WANT TO USE MAKE SURE ITS CALLED JUST 'DEADPAGE COORDS'. WHILST NOT IN USE, MAKE SURE THAT THE OTHER TWO PERIODS ARE FRONTED BY THEIR FIRST NAME FOR EASE, LIKE I HAVE DONE WITH HIGH AND LATE.
THERE IS NO GLORIOUS ACHIEVEMENT MODE IN THIS MOD - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO GIVEN THE THREE SEPARATE MAPS FOR EACH PERIOD.
Happy Gaming! :hat
Med Mod by Wes Whitaker. Link to his site:http://www.ctp2.info/historical/wes/
*edit* this link seems dead:http://wes.apolyton.net/
There many more such as the NTW mod (the original mod for MTW, long before NTW came out) and Hellenic TW.