Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

RTW Units

ThegunnerThegunner Senior MemberPosts: 120Registered Users
edited October 2011 in New Players
Does anyone know if you can change/mod. infantry formations (ie. to wedge formation, like cavalry units)
also I noticed - Civ peasants, In a file, can these be made active in the game. (During a game I had peasants milling about in the town, don't remember how i did it though. but I couldn't do anything while this was happening, so left the game)
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Post edited by Thegunner on

Comments

• Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited January 2011
    Might be worthwhile to post this query on the 'mods' forum.
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • CloverClover Senior Member Posts: 4,964Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    It's pretty easy, all you have to do is go into the 'export_descr_unit.txt' file, and copy and paste the formation you want a unit to have onto the right line. Just make sure they don't have more than one special- or it won't work.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • Gordon003Gordon003 Senior Member Posts: 124Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    You can but be careful. I once write testudo for peasant but it doesn't work and my computer nearly crashed.
  • AtticanAttican Senior Member Posts: 1,152Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    Davimus wrote: »
    (During a game I had peasants milling about in the town, don't remember how i did it though. but I couldn't do anything while this was happening, so left the game)

Thats called city view they only have it in RTW and you cant do much besides look at people walking around.
    "Two years war and no conquest? The little province of Upper Canada holds out two years against the whole force of democracy? This is very grating," - Nathan Ford, a local official in New York State.

"Just because you lose doesnt mean you surrender" - Stephen Colbert

Where there's a whip, there's a way.

I have never retreated in a strategy game, I just attack in the opposite direction.
  • Ace_BlazerAce_Blazer Senior Member Toronto, CanadaPosts: 5,918Registered Users
    edited October 2011
    Talk about a necro.
    My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
    Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
    Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.
This discussion has been closed.