Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA Versus the World: Play against CA

CA DaveCA Dave The Creative AssemblyPosts: 280Registered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
edited March 2013 in Total War Eras Multiplayer
Hello everyone!

With the imminent release of Total War: SHOGUN 2 Gold Edition, we thought it would be a jolly good idea for you lot (the community) to attempt to give us (A team of CA's hardened multiplayers) a right royal thrashing online.

Myself and a small collective will be jumping online on both the 5th and 8th at 6:30PM (GMT) that's 12:30PM (CST). Will will (...will...) be jumping online too, so if the thought of playing us faceless lot doesn't excite you, fighting the lady from our Live Action trailer's body double might.

So - That's Tuesday & Friday in the coming week.

If you are interested in hopping online we will be hosting a bunch of games FROM INSIDE THE STUDIO. Names of the games will be posted as they happen, so you'll have to check back here on the day to catch us if you want to play!

"Shogun" us your best shot... :cool:

** EDIT: Yep, 6:30PM (GMT). As much as I love you all, I also love reasonable waking hours. :)

Will Here.

Games will be hosted from 6:30 GMT, under the name 'CA Vs the World'. Jump on if there is a free slot!
The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
Post edited by CA Dave on

Comments

• damadman228damadman228 Senior Member Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    Sounds really cool, I might be able to give this a try. Anybody who wants to spam and exploit in front of CA staff might seize this opportunity as well. :D
    This might be helpful for those still playing S2 MP:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=444087

Also check out this awesome channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/milkandcookiesTW
  • The KestrelThe Kestrel Senior Member Posts: 850Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    This is really great. I hope it foreshadows more CA-hosted tourneys and games to come.

EDIT: I hope you open up spectator slots in these games; I'm guessing there'll be some competition to join and I'd like to watch even if I can't get into one.
  • zariptzaript Senior Member Posts: 996Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    We can stream it^^
  • RTKBossTycoOonRTKBossTycoOon Senior Member Posts: 117Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    Your times don't make sense, 1230 CST is not the same as 630 GMT.
    Round Table Knights Emissary & Administrator of The Holy Grail Wars~
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/BossTycoOon/

"Then I suggest to limit one squad of Sparta! All others will be peasants! ONLY HARDCORE" - ONL1FAN

"Rome 2 pitiful shadow '96 release one pixel" - ONL1FAN

"AI long stroke!" - ONL1FAN
    edited March 2013
    Since they're from the UK I think 6:30 GMT is the base time, so it should be 1:30 EST. I'm also pretty sure they will be playing in the evening instead of the early morning.

• The KestrelThe Kestrel Senior Member Posts: 850Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    zaript wrote: »
    We can stream it^^

Please do.
  • CA DaveCA Dave The Creative Assembly Posts: 280Registered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited March 2013
    ^^ Correction to times at the top!
    The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • DaveTheBraveDaveTheBrave Senior Member Posts: 552Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    Sounds nice! I hope I can give it a try and play against some CA staff.

Let Zaript and PrussianPrince stream some games, it should be very nice to see :)
    Remember, Google is always your best friend
  • SeinseurSeinseur Member Posts: 66Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    The French will be there!

Use English (language) only, if you please.
    Il faut être loup pour faire fuir ses ennemis et renard pour éviter les pièges
    You have to be wolf to scare his enemies and avoid traps fox (for Modo ^^)
    Machiavel

http://unionfrancaise-tw.forumgratuit.org/

http://i13.servimg.com/u/f13/12/51/68/27/ban_se10.jpg
  • CA PeteCA Pete Creative Assembly Posts: 285CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited March 2013
    Nationality does not matter. You will all fall before us.

- CA Pete
    - Advisor, gentleman, part-time rogue, and at your service.

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed on this forum are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Forum Terms & Conditions

@peter5tewart
  • Tomb875Tomb875 Senior Member Posts: 437Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    I'd have wanted to join, but both days I'm away from my computer... :(
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
    -Napoleon Bonaparte
    Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.
    -Sun Tzu (The Art of War)
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once."
    -Julius Caesar (II, ii, 32-37)
  • AlexandroAlexandro Senior Member Zu Lai Temple againPosts: 1,383Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    Spreading like wildfire!
    finally I have my achievement!:)
  • Marshal SuchetMarshal Suchet Senior Member Posts: 2,077Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    I am unfortunately a little out of the way to participate in this - but if any CA staff want to have a few matches with me out of hours, feel free to add RTK | RedStag to your list. :) Would be interesting to meet some of the devs.
    RedStag
  • MajutsuMajutsu Senior Member Posts: 173Registered Users, Smiley
    edited March 2013
    Someone definitely needs to stream it.
  • CA PeteCA Pete Creative Assembly Posts: 285CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited March 2013
    So, is it Shogun 2 or Fall of the Samurai? Is it classic or avatar conquest? :P

We'll be playing straight-up classic battles, and it'll be a good mix of Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai, to keep things fresh. Many of us, like I'm sure you guys are too, have greater skill on one than the other.

So brush up on both; if you think it'll help delay your inevitable defeats.

- CA Pete
    - Advisor, gentleman, part-time rogue, and at your service.

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed on this forum are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Forum Terms & Conditions

@peter5tewart
  • Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaPosts: 4,782Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    sounds fun
    Ready for Three Kingdom's TW: I5-6600k, EVGA Geforce GTX 1070SC, 16Gigs RAM, WD Blue PC SSD @ 500GB
    edited March 2013
    Classic matches will make this a much different game. None of us really play them a lot and we're used to relying on our vets. I can only really speak for myself, but it still wouldn't surprise me if most players had trouble adjusting and having the same amount of confidence as usual. lol

• VeritasVeritas Senior Member Posts: 301Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    CA gon' get spanked. Just sayin'.
    RTK | Yoshida
  • Tomb875Tomb875 Senior Member Posts: 437Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    You guys can nicely treat them with MG Tokugawa Cav Spam or Donderbuss cav spam....
    It would nicely prove the point of cav caps..... :)

Anyways, in all seriousness, I look forward to seeing the battles in youtube....
    Classic battles are a rarity nowadays...
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
    -Napoleon Bonaparte
    Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once."
    -Julius Caesar (II, ii, 32-37)
  • RTKBossTycoOonRTKBossTycoOon Senior Member Posts: 117Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    CA Pete wrote: »
    You will all fall before us.

- CA Pete
    I lol'd so hard at this.
    Round Table Knights Emissary & Administrator of The Holy Grail Wars~
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/BossTycoOon/

"Then I suggest to limit one squad of Sparta! All others will be peasants! ONLY HARDCORE" - ONL1FAN

"Rome 2 pitiful shadow '96 release one pixel" - ONL1FAN

"AI long stroke!" - ONL1FAN
  • YoritomoYoritomo Senior Member Posts: 701Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    CA Pete wrote: »
    We'll be playing straight-up classic battles,

- CA Pete

Nice idea. Äh but....

What are classic battles? That option usually no one chose at battlelist cause all play avatar mode?

I heared classic mode works totally diffrent than avatar conquest. Any rules there?

As far as i know you are allowed to field as many cannons... well i check classic mode perhaps it will give me a new spin while ladder and clan competition is down since 5 Days.
    You want successfully arty camp in deploy zone? Go ahead and get your win.
    edited March 2013
    I think we will need a bunch of rules set up to help get the classic battles in line with the usual online experience. It might be smart to use the exact same caps that are currently in place for avatar mode (unless they are actually determined to change them already, in which case I would be willing to only bring 1 MG or donderbuss, lol).

• zariptzaript Senior Member Posts: 996Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    I think, we just need to get in game and have some fun^^
  • TinkerbellTinkerbell Member Posts: 33Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    It's a great idea for them to "reach out" in this way. Also, they might get to meet players like Salty and Gervide, participants who have so much respect for the game and other players, whose pre-eminent rank in the ladder would encourage a truly fruitful exchange of ideas.

But seriously, it is cool. I'll be looking for a game, definitely. Will there be 2v2?
  • YoritomoYoritomo Senior Member Posts: 701Registered Users
    edited March 2013

I would usually agree, but without rules it could end up like this. My expirience by waiting 30 Minutes to find a opponent for a classic match.

Perhaps u take a look yes its funny.

Perhaps some rules for this event?
    You want successfully arty camp in deploy zone? Go ahead and get your win.
  • KatsumotoGKKatsumotoGK Senior Member Posts: 692Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    this would be a great chance to DROP HACK CA and SHOW THEM HOW ANNOYING IT IS
  • William_the _ChaoticWilliam_the _Chaotic Senior Member Posts: 413Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    lol, I guess i will not be leaving my computer for most of friday, look forward to any games i might get into lol. glad to see you guys doing this, should be lots of fun..
    There are benefits to being a noob. When you win, it's like Christmas all over again. It only happens once a year, and for some reason you never get sick of it.
  • exorgistis77exorgistis77 Senior Member Posts: 1,309Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    heh, classic or vanilla units is where real skill lies.. no problem,,iam lookin forward to this..there will be blood

CA gents prepare to die ;)
    Zarganis
  • dark as silverdark as silver Senior Member Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    edited March 2013

Fun is for the weak. however I think you're right that we shouldn't focus on game imbalances and drops, CA is already aware of these and doing so will just make them less likely to repeat this in future.

BTW how is this being organised, some people have said its a tournament but from what I can gather it sounds like battle list games and people will be posting the game names on facebook.
    Regardless looking forward to stomping on some developers faces.>=D
  • Will CAWill CA No longer working for CA Posts: 1,342Registered Users
    edited March 2013
    Hey all,

We'll make sure you all know how best to get online and into the matches tomorrow. Plus we're doing this both on Tuesday night and Friday night, so that's two chances to bring your A game to our CA Team.

I personally reserve the right to give some cool swag to anyone who beats us, with style. Now that would mean you would have to actually 'win' a match and lets face it, that's highly unlikely.

-Will CA
    Rally Point.