Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Shogun 2 Gold Edition

Dream56Dream56 Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 8
Hello everyone, I bought Fall of the Samurai weeks ago and I kinnda got to like it so I wanna try the original Shogun 2 and the Rise of the Samurai. If I buy the Gold Edition which includes the Fall of the Samurai that I already have, is it possible to gift it to a friend in Steam? Please reply soon because im planning to buy it within two weeks :) Thanks!
Post edited by Dream56 on

Comments

• easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,428
    edited March 2013
    I've got a feeling you can't gift what you've activated already.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • SakanadeSakanade Member Registered Users Posts: 62
    edited March 2013
    If you like Fall of the Samurai, you are going to be very dissapointed in Rise of the Samurai.
    RotS was pretty underwhelming.
    FotS was way, way better.
    LSD wrote: »
    It's like comparing a cheap chocolate bar to a ****. It might not be a nice chocolate bar, but the alternative is a ****.
  • easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,428
    edited March 2013
    That of course is just one guys opinion, I happen to like all of them each in their own way.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • SakanadeSakanade Member Registered Users Posts: 62
    edited March 2013
    RotS has 3-4 land units, hardly campaign worthwhile.
    LSD wrote: »
    It's like comparing a cheap chocolate bar to a ****. It might not be a nice chocolate bar, but the alternative is a ****.
  • Welsh_DragonWelsh_Dragon Senior Member Great BritainRegistered Users Posts: 2,914
    edited March 2013
    Sakanade wrote: »
    RotS has 3-4 land units, hardly campaign worthwhile.

That's a slight exaggeration, there are actually 20.

No, ROTS doesn't have the unit variety of a full game like Shogun 2 or a full expansion like FOTS. But then again it costs a lot less than either of them too, even if bought at full price. If you take that into account I've found it to be a fun alternative to the Sengoku and Boshin War periods. So don't be put off, give ROTS a go (especially as if you are getting Gold edition it's in there anyway.)
    CraigK CA wrote:
    I think Welsh Dragon knows too much...
    "You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment."