Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What do u say?

aleyanaleyan Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 7
in 2 days I made a Obama(hard) campaign and a Tsu(normal) that were not so challenging. now I want to start or a imperial campaign(cause after RD if I chose to support the emperor I will have mostly all japan against me(because the imperial clans fight each oder)
so what is the difference between that imperial vanguard or the republic?
Post edited by aleyan on

Comments

• VoidianVoidian Member Registered Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Hmm in my experience as the vanguard you can offer alliances to every clan under the same allegiance and they will accept it, sometimes they need 1 turn to get peaceful with every clan they were previously at war with, they also don't deny joining any wars against the opposing allegiance.

As for the republic option, I haven't tried it yet but it looks like Shogun 2 old Realm Divide, 1vs all. I wonder if post realm divide vassals will remain loyal as they did in Shogun 2.

Oh you also lose every allegiance specific units, including ishin ishi and shinsengumi.
  • easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,428
    edited May 2013
    I'm torn between finding you hard to believe (given your claim of playing two entire campaigns in two days) or concerned for your health and/or state of employment if actually true.

Given that you tackled the game on hard easily, my vote is for you next tackling going Republic. And just so it can't subsequently be said I made this suggestion in bad faith, here's a reference to a thread discussing it for some tips: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/37505-Choosing-the-republican-option-or-how-to-get-really-really-depressed.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • aleyanaleyan Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    k thx. I will go a aizu republic on hard or normal
  • VoidianVoidian Member Registered Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Legendary Aizu republic should be fun.

Buy some anti-depressives, just in case.

Edit: Then again, it might not be such a bad idea, if you expand north you'll get nobody to backstab you, and a nice source of coal to build your ships and keep both sides of your shores safe.
  • aleyanaleyan Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    i will try it