Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Total war: Rome 2

killerboykillerboy Junior MemberPosts: 2Registered Users
edited March 2011 in Rome: Total War
hello people of the total war scene.
It's really awesome that you are going back to a melee era, but I still think that, because it was one of the most populair games of all the total war games, it's a better idea to make a total war: Rome 2, with all the modern tachniks!!

sorry for the spelling mistakes, my Englisch isn't that good.

Please comment!
Post edited by killerboy on

Comments

• FirewindFirewind Senior Member Posts: 204Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Rome 2 Total War would by far be the best in the Total War Series...
  • ColfaxColfax Senior Member Posts: 967Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Guys I dont want to be a **** but this is the second or third time in as many weeks that somebody has brought up this topic. All the while there has been an active thread in this forum since august that now has 23 pages over the exact same topic. People are posting in it every day.
    Vinum bonum sapere. Nunc est bibendum. Italia patria populi Romani et aliorum populorum est.
  • FirewindFirewind Senior Member Posts: 204Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    I know...

I just post in any kind of thread even if it has been repeated many times...
  • CloverClover Senior Member Posts: 4,964Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    R2TW is coming, the only question is 'when'. Will it come after S2TW, or after China? I think it's without a doubt within 2 generations away. It's the only TW game that has not received a remake, and it's overwhelmingly favored by the community. Personally i would prefer if they try somthing more original like China before they move to a remake of Rome, but i wouldn't be disappointed if they did Rome first though.

We have a billion topics on this anyways >_<
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • flamingryu30flamingryu30 Senior Member Posts: 884Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    you know Clover maybe they were doing the others first for a few reasons like one to be able to perfect the game when they do make it like take out the things that people dislike and improve on them and add a few extra things and to get people excited about it to get the largest amount of sales as possible and also to be able to literally save the best for last now I am not saying the others are not good but if it is their last or at least after these other games it should be their best work.
  • Stefan 94Stefan 94 Member Posts: 88Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    not again the same thread

can you not write in the other thread?????
    I don´t want to read the same posts again
    hear is the other thread
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/340-Rome-2-Total-war-What-do-you-say-about-that
  • flamingryu30flamingryu30 Senior Member Posts: 884Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    in this thread they just are pointing things out that the other thread isnt and that I can reply easier to in here
  • King of DaciaKing of Dacia Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Rome Total War 2 will never exist
    edited February 2011
    i THINK only 10 - 15 % dont want total war rome 2 :)

Can you tell me why do think that?? ;)
  • ntwfanntwfan Senior Member Posts: 615Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    I'm thinking if there's a Rome 2, a possible new feature might be to incorporate some kind of storyline like in NTW, but not to the same extent as NTW to allow more flexibility in creating your own history. For example, the Punic Wars might be triggered when the right year comes. I'm sure that would be epic.
  • bennywhisebennywhise Senior Member Posts: 236Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    to be honest, I'm surprised this thread isn't closed yet

if they make a TWR2, they will surely add the stuff that will be very welcomed by players that are in TWS2 now
    to add a storyline, the concept of Rome is a bit too widescaled I think
    you'd have to add in every historical war or battle from every faction in Europe and the mediterranian of that time, wich is a lot
    "Sir, the enemy is coming from everywhere. You will be surrounded."
    "We are airborne, we're supposed to be."

Oderint dum metuant
  • ntwfanntwfan Senior Member Posts: 615Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    bennywhise wrote: »
    to be honest, I'm surprised this thread isn't closed yet

if they make a TWR2, they will surely add the stuff that will be very welcomed by players that are in TWS2 now
    to add a storyline, the concept of Rome is a bit too widescaled I think
    you'd have to add in every historical war or battle from every faction in Europe and the mediterranian of that time, wich is a lot
    I don't think adding in every historical war would be necessary as the designers have already taken liberties in existing TW games with historical accuracy so that gameplay would be fun. And the Punic Wars (in fact there were three) could arguably be the single biggest threat to Rome in its entire history, so it's significant enough to be included as an event of its own.
  • ShuusuiShuusui Senior Member Posts: 216Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Clover wrote: »
    R2TW is coming, the only question is 'when'. Will it come after S2TW, or after China? I think it's without a doubt within 2 generations away. It's the only TW game that has not received a remake, and it's overwhelmingly favored by the community. Personally i would prefer if they try somthing more original like China before they move to a remake of Rome, but i wouldn't be disappointed if they did Rome first though.

We have a billion topics on this anyways >_<

rather have china.. i think its a left out business... We need to explore the east... not strife to see more of europe.. less europe centered total war!!
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) WORLD DOMINATION
    edited February 2011
    Shuusui wrote: »
    rather have china.. i think its a left out business... We need to explore the east... not strife to see more of europe.. less europe centered total war!!

yes, but thats difficult because europe was always the central place of "famous" war
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,062
    edited February 2011
    I don't think CA would make two remakes in a row however it's Ten years since Shogun and they made Shogun 2 so maybe they are going through a series of updates and the next game will be a ten year anniversary of Medieval (Medieval 3) followed by Rome 2.

But then here's another thought, the most requested non-Total War remake is of FFVII yet Square won't do it even though it would automatically become their best selling title to date -work that one out.
  • SpotSpot Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    I know this may look/sound preposterous,but how about an African campaign, such as Zulu Total War or an Americas, Inca-Aztec Total War.
    Would be different to say the least.
    edited February 2011
    THATS A GREAT IDEA
    can you make an extra thread(on a different place). than you know what others will think
  • PikenierPikenier Senior Member Posts: 587Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    ntwfan wrote: »
    I'm thinking if there's a Rome 2, a possible new feature might be to incorporate some kind of storyline like in NTW, but not to the same extent as NTW to allow more flexibility in creating your own history. For example, the Punic Wars might be triggered when the right year comes. I'm sure that would be epic.

A war starts not because a specific year has been reached. Better would be the trigger used in the EB mod. When Rome or Carthage try to conquer Messana they are at war automatically. Something like that would be more accurate. ;)
    ntwfan wrote: »
    And the Punic Wars (in fact there were three) could arguably be the single biggest threat to Rome in its entire history, so it's significant enough to be included as an event of its own.

Pyrrhos campaign was also a big threat to Rome. He faced the same problems as Hannibal. The allies of Rome did not turn to his side and the Romans never surrendered even after loosing big decisive battles. Hope he will be featured in a Rome2.
  • GovnaWattsGovnaWatts Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Rome Total War 2 will never exist

Why do you think so? I believe it was the greatest game CA made and I think it'll come after Shogun 2.
  • DalkarDalkar Senior Member Posts: 359Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    There already is an Americas Campaign.
    It's in the Kingdoms expansion for M2TW.
  • AtticanAttican Senior Member Posts: 1,152Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    I may get some flak for saying this

but...

I dont think we need a rome 2 so soon.

Shogun and medieval were completely differant then rome where as rome is not exactly that old to need a new version.

There are others areas that could be explored in history then redoing Rome again already.
    "Two years war and no conquest? The little province of Upper Canada holds out two years against the whole force of democracy? This is very grating," - Nathan Ford, a local official in New York State.

"Just because you lose doesnt mean you surrender" - Stephen Colbert

Where there's a whip, there's a way.

I have never retreated in a strategy game, I just attack in the opposite direction.
  • HeirofAlexanderHeirofAlexander Senior Member Posts: 1,088Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Not one more please, search if you are posting a thread that might have been posted before.
  • SpotSpot Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    @Dalkar,
    thats very true, there is an America's Campaign but its not as expansive (map wise). I was thinking more in the lines of other native nations, with no western nation involvement,until later in the game.
  • Lucius BrutusLucius Brutus Senior Member Posts: 889Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    I agree with Attican. Let's go through some NEW games for a while.

Mongol Total War

Victoria,

Perhaps a Jerusalem one? :rolleyes:

And then maybe Australia Total War? You could play as natives and fight each other while you wait for the Europeans to arrive! (Totally kidding.)

Then we could do a Rome: II, but having two flipping remakes in a row isn't all that great.
  • DalkarDalkar Senior Member Posts: 359Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Thirty Years War could also work, Renaissance era, shot and pike battles.
    I think someone in another thread mentioned Africa.
    Rome 2 or Medieval 3 would be great. Those eras are the best. Maybe with an entire world map so the Romans could conquer India, eastern Asia and central Africa etc.
  • Titus Artorius JustusTitus Artorius Justus Senior Member Posts: 161Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    A RTW2 would be great, but are they even making this hearing rumor after rumor and havent been on website for months and havent seen anything on making of RTW2.
  • HeirofAlexanderHeirofAlexander Senior Member Posts: 1,088Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    A RTW2 would be great, but are they even making this hearing rumor after rumor and havent been on website for months and havent seen anything on making of RTW2.

Nice to see you again Titus :D.

There are other games that could be done before, personaly I think they should make a new Alexander with Phillipian campaign(taking Macedon and Greece) and Balkan campaign (ALexander taking the barbaric tribes in the north), persian campaign (well you know), indian campaign (taking INdia as far as Alexander did) and I have an idea: A campaign for taking carthage and rome in Alexanders time, so that a campaign with the campaigns Alexander planned.