Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rome 2 map update (new map created)!

1235»

Comments

• DarkoDarko Registered Users Posts: 49
    edited July 2013
    benkimoon wrote: »
    Hello ,

I am from Morocco (North Africa ) , i have studied much the history of the regions around the mediterranean ( North Africa , Europe

and the middle east ) therefore i would like to make a few suggestions for you to make your map more realistic and interesting .

in North Africa:
    -the city you have named Dimmidi has to be renamed Cirta .
    -A new region at the middle of Mauretania Tingitana should be added with Volubilis as its settlement (It was the capital of the kingdom of Mauretania Tingitana)
    -The province of Getulia should be added to the south of Mauretania with Dimmidi as its Capital
    in Syria :
    -Replacing the Region of Dura with a new one (Damascus) would be a good idea especially that Dura is more connected to Mesopotomia . The latter region belonging to the modern state of Syria means nothing neither from a historical point of view nor from a geographical one.
    In Nabatea :
    -Only Sinai and neguev were part of the kingdom of Nabatea and settled by nabateans .... Sinai and neguev should form one region (or Two regions ) of Nabatea where as Palestine Should be a Seperate Province . The settlement of Mampsis in Neguev was important to The nabateans .
    -There was no city called Maraba in Arabia felix , there was one called Ma'arib (Maraba might be a latinization of this name)
    In Europe :
    Caledonia and Hibernia should be seperated with Caledonia as a region of Britain(or as an independent province) and hibernia as a province.
    -there is no sense of Bagacum and Vesontio being enclosed in a province called Germania minor .They are close to the rhine but they were settled by gaulish tribes unlike the areas around cologne , Bonn , Tongeren etc ... in the northern-Western bank of the rhine that were already settled by germanic tribes prior to the arrival of the romans .
    - A province of Epirus must be created with 2 regions :Apollonia + a region where you put a city representing the region of Epirus vetus .

Thank you .

The map is made to match the original map of Rome 2 not the realistic one.
    Regions are as they should be, so i wont be changing anything there.
    Caledonia and Hibernia are one region as on Iceni page.
    On next update i will include some of the things u said.
  • RumpullpusRumpullpus Registered Users Posts: 1,216
    edited July 2013
    Darko wrote: »
    The map is made to match the original map of Rome 2 not the realistic one.
    Regions are as they should be, so i wont be changing anything there.
    Caledonia and Hibernia are one region as on Iceni page.
    On next update i will include some of the things u said.

might be mistaken, but i think hes suggesting that CA should make these changes in the game not on this map.
  • benkimoonbenkimoon Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    oh sorry :) actually i did not pay attention to the fact that you are only recreating the map of the game . I thought that this was really the CA map and that you are announcing it

does anyone know if it is possible to get my suggestions to CA and if it is still possible for them to change the map ?
  • drachenmauldrachenmaul Registered Users Posts: 275
    edited July 2013
    does anyone know if it is possible to get my suggestions to CA and if it is still possible for them to change the map ?

Sure you can get your suggestions to CA, but it is very unlikely that they are going to change key game features less than 2 month before release.
  • Gardan_KoloftGardan_Koloft Registered Users, Smiley Posts: 978
    edited July 2013
    For forum try here. You called also try their Face Book and Twitter.
    I!..!I
    “The lion is most handsome when hunting”
  • SprautzSprautz Registered Users Posts: 182
    edited July 2013
    fantaaaaaaaaaaastiiiiiiiiic!!! :D:D<3
  • RGS#5195RGS#5195 Registered Users Posts: 1,094
    edited July 2013
    Hi guys,

Firstly, great work OP.

Now a quick Q: Does anyone know how big the Rome 2 Campaign map will be in terms of scale compared to Napoleon? I don't mean in terms of geographical scale, which I can obviously see from the images, but in terms of game-scale? So for e.g. N:TW's mini campaign maps were of a much more detailed scale than the GC.

I have seen the images of the R2 map (from the vids etc.), but find it hard to tell just how much bigger it'll be. N:TW felt a little small to me, S2 felt pretty good. The bigger the better as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry if this has been answered previously. Campaign map graphics are looking really great anyway, very glad to see it following in the footsteps of FotS rather than S2 (more realistic, better representation of scale IMO).
  • GeneralMeniosGeneralMenios Registered Users Posts: 179
    edited July 2013
    wow...just wow. absolutely great! nice work. It seems pretty accurate to me ;)
    How far will Rome go for me?

"Some random quote"

-Some random awesome guy

Favorite Faction:
    in German: Sweben
    in Greek: Σουηβοί
    in Latin: Suebi
  • AyhoAyho Registered Users Posts: 18
    edited July 2013
    wowww really really great campaign map darko

I see there are some towns unnamed
    So i had some suggestions

- The left town in Gedrosia could be Parsis. It was considered the metropolis of Gedrosia( some say it was Pura ) and was in the centre of the province
    - The right town in Gedrosia, well this one is difficult but i think its the port town of cocala. ( Neachus anchored there in Alexanders time)
    - Town between Albia (Olbia) and Tanais could be Gelonus. Capitol city of scythian tribe budini
    - In Carmania, the town near the sea could be Harmouza ( harmoxia ). It was the principal seaport
    - I am not sure where the Scottisch town will be located in the game but the location in your map is Clotagenium
  • Elias ShabahElias Shabah Registered Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    Ayho wrote: »
    - In Carmania, the town near the sea could be Harmouza ( harmoxia ). It was the principal seaport

i found it in some map but the map puts the city "Hamoxia" in persia region not gedrosia. but the location is the same as it is in this map

and i can add one more suggestion, the city south of Persepolis, if it is a port, maybe "Siraaf" or again some older pronunciation which i know was a famous port south of iran (again not sure if this port is that old) and was located near the modern they "Bandar e Boushehr" which is now not more than some ruins (sadly)

PN: why can't i find Ctesiphon anywhere?! wasn't Ctesiphon a famous city in that time and shouldn't it be on the map?

PN2: about the city above "Matsheta", i'm not sure but it can be "Darband" or "Derbent"
    from wikipeida:

The first intensive settlement in the Derbent area dates from the 8th century BCE; the site was intermittently controlled by the Persian monarchs, starting from the 6th century BCE. Until the 4th century CE, it was part of Caucasian Albania and is traditionally identified with Albana, the capital. The modern name is a Persian word (دربند Darband) meaning "gateway", which came into use in the end of the 5th or the beginning of the 6th century CE, when the city was re-established by Kavadh I of the Sassanid dynasty of Persia.
    so it maybe named "Albana" in map
    To study and not to think is darkness.
    - Lun Yu
  • AyhoAyho Registered Users Posts: 18
    edited July 2013
    i found it in some map but the map puts the city "Hamoxia" in persia region not gedrosia. but the location is the same as it is in this map

i know what you mean but some old maps are very deceiving for example this map:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/94/Gedrosia-Map-Route-of-Alexander-1823-Lucas.png

you can see clearly persia and gedrosia but if you look at the middle then you see carmania but not so clearly ( without province borders) and beneath there the town harmoxia.

there are also some old documents(info) about this region:
    A summary geographical description of Carmania was given by Strabo (15.2.14), and more topographical details on both the northern deserts and Carmania proper are found in Ptolemy (6.6, 6.8): Kármana is mentioned (6.8.13, 8.22.20) as the main city (mētrópolis) and Hármouza (6.8.5) as the principal seaport (old Hormoz, near present-day Mīnāb
    edited September 2013
    Guys when rome 2 get released do you want me to create alot better map(graphicly) with features like : every city will have difficulty rating (fo rreagion capital from 5 to 10 stars and for settlements from 1 to 5 stars) how hard is to capture that city and rating for howmuch profitable will be if you did capture it, so u can plan your conquest and see more clearly what path to take in conquering. I havealot more ideas for the map its just do you need it or want it. POST A COMMENT AND TELL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OR YOUR
    OPINION. thanks and have fun playing rome 2 guys :) .
    edited September 2013
    Help me out here!
  • NitriusNitrius Registered Users Posts: 37
    edited September 2013
    Nice map indeed, keep the good work up!
    edited September 2013
    Nitrius wrote: »
    Nice map indeed, keep the good work up!

thanks i will do much better job next time.
  • PapaGriz#9971PapaGriz#9971 Registered Users Posts: 66
    edited September 2013
    Ugh, is the download option not working for anyone else? I click Download Map and i get "Oops! Google Chrome could not find 12romemap" after the AdFly page.
    edited September 2013
    papagriz wrote: »
    Ugh, is the download option not working for anyone else? I click Download Map and i get "Oops! Google Chrome could not find 12romemap" after the AdFly page.

yeah the link is broken i guess
  • VratixVratix Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    edited September 2013
    I would love to see it, love your maps!
    "When the strong have fallen...we must call in the weak...because now...they are the strong"
    Me..when...just now...at that one time...at that one place....upside down...
  • handlebarbarianhandlebarbarian Registered Users Posts: 127
    edited September 2013
    I found your map a few months back and loved it. Great work! If you want to put more work into it that's up to you. Here is another map to check out if you haven't already seen it (by Canomer, I believe)

http://www.pictureshack.us/images/27964_LargeMap003.jpg

CAs interactive campaign map makes three maps, plus what is in game. If you decide to keep working on it, I'd love to see it; but with the maps I already have now, once I start playing the game it may be a long time before I think about looking for a better map.
  • schlieffenschlieffen Registered Users Posts: 214
    edited September 2013
    you have no idea how much of an impact little content like this has on my total war experience, keep it up my man
  • WolfguardWolfguard Registered Users Posts: 59
    edited September 2013
    Awesome work thanks for the effort it will be on one of my monitors whilst I am playing this afternoon... THANK YOU again
    Oderint Dum Metuant
    Let them hate so long as they fear us.
    edited September 2013
    This map is outdated i will make a new map in few weeks.
  • XooXoo Registered Users Posts: 2,997
    edited September 2013
    Darko wrote: »
    This map is outdated i will make a new map in few weeks.

Good luck!
    Carthage > Burn Rome :p
    Macedon > Burn Rome :D
  • billtkd#2851billtkd#2851 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Ayho said:

wowww really really great campaign map darko

I see there are some towns unnamed

So i had some suggestions

- The left town in Gedrosia could be Parsis. It was considered the metropolis of Gedrosia( some say it was Pura ) and was in the centre of the province

- The right town in Gedrosia, well this one is difficult but i think its the port town of cocala. ( Neachus anchored there in Alexanders time)

- Town between Albia (Olbia) and Tanais could be Gelonus. Capitol city of scythian tribe budini

- I am not sure where the Scottisch town will be located in the game but the location in your map is Clotagenium

Clotagenium is not a genuine Roman name. It was invented for the novel 'In the Shaodw of Rome' as the name for Old Kilpatrick.
This discussion has been closed.