Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Napoleon: Total War - Gold Edition now out on Mac!

Trish CATrish CA GuestPosts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
edited July 2014 in Napoleon: Total War
Hey guys,
Awesome news for all you Mac users out there: Our comrades over at Feral Interactive have released Napoleon: Total War - Gold Edition today.

Check it out over on their website and get conquering!
Post edited by Trish CA on

Comments

• OlmizOlmiz Senior Member Posts: 123Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Hurrah!
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem et esse delendam.
  • CUTT1NG-RAZ0RCUTT1NG-RAZ0R Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Is it just me or is Napoleon Total war crashing on startup?

Is it just me or is Napoleon Total war crashing on startup?

Yeah i downloaded Napoleon total war via the app store and it crashes on startup any help?
  • Trish CATrish CA Guest Posts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
    edited July 2013
    Best bet is to send Feral Interactive a query about it.
    edited July 2013
    Yeah thats what im doing now, I juts sent them a support report via email
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited July 2013
    Yeah thats what im doing now, I juts sent them a support report via email

When you get a reply, please let us know what it says. It may help others with similar problems.
  • sibladesiblade Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    It's great to see Nap:TW move on to the Mac. Does anyone know whether the new Mac Air will support the program? Eg game specs specify a 2.0 ghz processor. New Mac Air's specs are 1.7ghz, with a turbo to 3.3ghz. Has anyone successfully used TW on an air (old or new)?
    S
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys I'm back with a reply, Feral told me to reinstall Napoleon Total war and to reboot my system which I have done 4 times before they sent me an email and did one more time once they told me to, For what I see it may be a Game Center issue, whenever NTW calls Game center for lets say sign in or even cancel it then immediately crashes after, I have called they're support line which Is -
    Worldwide +44 (0)20 8875 9787
    USA 1-888-592-9925 (Toll Free)

but don't bother because i called more then 4 times the passed three days and not one person picked up, I'm sad to say that I'm very disappointed in Feral Interactive for this, needless to say I was waiting for this game for some time, and I have met the technical requirements heck I got 16GB Ram.Anyway I sent them an email saying , disregard the mac app download give me a download of NTW without Game center to test out, Or anyone that will work for this matter, But I still haven't received a reply but I will keep you guys posted, But I find strange that no one that downloaded the NTW via the mac app store haven't received this crash?

Here is a screenshot of the crash http://i.imgur.com/Ii7S8xq.png
  • pl3xipl4ypl3xipl4y Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    I have the same problem as you have, but I'm in China using a swedish account on App Store.
    Just sent the support team an email, hope they will be more helpful than you have experienced. At the same time, I'm disappointed that I bought a game for more than 230 kuai (30US dollar) and I can't download it.
    edited July 2013
    pl3xipl4y wrote: »
    I have the same problem as you have, but I'm in China using a swedish account on App Store.
    Just sent the support team an email, hope they will be more helpful than you have experienced. At the same time, I'm disappointed that I bought a game for more than 230 kuai (30US dollar) and I can't download it.
    Okay be sure to let us know what they say, now that we know that it's not just me, then we have a better chance of getting it solved
  • EmperorOfRomeEmperorOfRome Senior Member Posts: 594Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    I hope you guys will get helped, I know it frustrate a lot, because I had this with CIV5, but then on a "normal" PC, but it is now fine.
    Pro gloria Imperi!
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited July 2013
    This early on it may just be some birthing pains. Which is not an excuse, only an explanation.

Nevertheless, excellent to see you are being active. Keep us posted.
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys its me again with another update, to summarize the last email I asked them if I could receive another copy of NTW but this time not from the app store but any other that will work for mac, then have responded telling me that this may be a good idea and the employee will contact his superiors to see if they can give me an alternative download, So if your stuck ask them for that, of course you need proof of purchase they said so i sent them a screenshot of my purchase history on the mac app store, I'll keep you guys updated with more tommorow
    edited July 2013
    I also received an email from the Appstore support team.
    Unfortunately they were less helpful than you and they will just give me back the money from the purchase.
    So I won't be able to play the game for a while.. :(
    edited July 2013
    By the way, is it possible to buy the game directly from the developers website? Maybe they have a better download process compared to AppStore.
    edited July 2013
    pl3xipl4y wrote: »
    By the way, is it possible to buy the game directly from the developers website? Maybe they have a better download process compared to AppStore.
    Yes You can here is the link https://store.feralinteractive.com/en/us/mac-games/napoleontw/ you can choose for Digital download or for them to ship you a CD, I prefer Digital download specially if your not from the US
    edited July 2013
    Well guys sadly, they actually gave me an alternative download straight from the feral store,once downloaded and installed, it crashed on startup again, I see many people on the app store are complaining from the same problem, They need to fix it
  • GrumblerGrumbler Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Downloaded from App Store with no problems and been playing since the 3d. Loving every minute of it!
    edited August 2013
    Well I did a complete reinstall of mac osx and now the game works fine, funny, anyway add me I wanna do CO-OP Campaign
    Game Center ID - PR1M3 1NST1NCT
  • QWERTYo_0QWERTYo_0 Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Im gonna buy it this friday after my birthday its such a cool game I cant wait to play it. :D

epic shot :p
    image.jpg
  • Eeek82Eeek82 Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Anyone know how to use a mod on a Mac?
  • GrumblerGrumbler Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Pretty much the same as on windows. Follow the instructions for the mod installation. Try twcenter.net.
  • WestmoorlandWestmoorland Junior Member Posts: 25Registered Users
    edited April 2014
    I've been on with it for a month, now. It's tricky to decide whether it should be judged on it's own merit or whether it was the game '`Empire' should have been. Either way, I don't think I will go back to 'Empire'.
  • 2n00by4u2n00by4u Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited June 2014
    Can a Mac version of NTW play with a Windows version of NTW? I am planning to get this game for my friend who loves Total War but since he has a Mac he can't play NTW until now. Is there anyone here that can confirm this?
  • TotalWarHQTotalWarHQ Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    Hey, if anyone wants to play any of the campaign maps with me then my name is TotalWarHQ
  • TotalWarHQTotalWarHQ Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited July 2014
    On Game Center