Adorbs

Will Rome 2 total war have more graphic options

admrilvoroadmrilvoro Senior MemberPosts: 655Registered Users
edited July 2013 in Total War: ROME II
I would like to see graphic options to make that physics better ect... Will we be able to set a option to keep the tower debries there after it fallen like all the fallen parts of a tower or a wall or buildings collapsing on the battle map. Will we be able to set arrows perminantly on the map so they don't vanish ect.... and dead bodies stay on the battle map without vanishing also And a lot more options?
Post edited by admrilvoro on

Comments

• markorplymarkorply Senior Member Posts: 733Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    I hope so, if not mods can cover it
    Add:markorply on steam if you like
    "There is no ignorance in those who can see beyond what they perceive and into what they have yet to learn in a positive and edifying way." -Hardwaremaster
  • admrilvoroadmrilvoro Senior Member Posts: 655Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    markorply wrote: »
    I hope so, if not mods can cover it

Id rather have supported graphic options then modded graphic options that are unstable:P
  • willyum32willyum32 Senior Member Posts: 545Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    If I remember correctly, in shogun 2 corpses could stay permanently if the unit detail was at ultra. But then again I used darthmod so I'm not completely sure about vanilla
  • ShinoGHShinoGH Senior Member Posts: 856Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking if Rome will allow an option to have persistent damage to buildings/arrows/bodies? Or are you asking if there will be different options?

As far as I am aware, building debris has been present since Empire Total War. Arrows and dead bodies staying on the battlefield have been in the Total War series for a while now. It ultimately depends on the settings that a player chooses. The game engine removes arrows and dead bodies from the battlefield for less powerful computer systems so as to relieve the "stress" being placed on the computer. Shogun 2 especially had a very persistent system for arrows on higher end systems, but there is a point where some arrows had to be removed.
    "Bacon."
  • AtteroAttero Senior Member Iowa, U.S.Posts: 1,359Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    We'll have to wait and see.
    "When the strong have fallen...we must call in the weak...because now...they are the strong"
    Me..when...just now...at that one time...at that one place....upside down...
    edited July 2013
    ShinoGH wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking if Rome will allow an option to have persistent damage to buildings/arrows/bodies? Or are you asking if there will be different options?

As far as I am aware, building debris has been present since Empire Total War. Arrows and dead bodies staying on the battlefield have been in the Total War series for a while now. It ultimately depends on the settings that a player chooses. The game engine removes arrows and dead bodies from the battlefield for less powerful computer systems so as to relieve the "stress" being placed on the computer. Shogun 2 especially had a very persistent system for arrows on higher end systems, but there is a point where some arrows had to be removed.

Well no in empire not all the debries stayed on the ground it was a clutter mess and I noticed it in shogun 2 but there was no option to keep them all there I would like an option my system is powerful enough to do it so I would like the option of doing it. And as for building debres I mean all the building debries
  • HardwaremasterHardwaremaster Senior Member In 3dsmax Los Angeles CaliforniaPosts: 6,404Registered Users, Tech Moderators
    edited July 2013
    I hope not, it would cause tons of problems with systems that have less than 2GB+ VRAM. Overflows, crashes, synchronous frame rendering issues.

I prefer that things dissapear, then to drag my machine down as the battle progresses. Untill they can perfect streaming your never going to have that sort of thing. especially since they are already reaching the limit of Video memory consumption as it is. Shogun 2 practically broke records.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    "True redundancy is when you are writing a description to describe the word that describes the description you used to describe it." - Christopher Purches

My PC: (2x 980GTX 4GB) (32GB DDR4 2133mhz) (I7 5980K OC 4.5Ghz) (512GB SSDs + 2TB storage drives)

"How on earth is a video game supposed to help you "feel the smell of ash"? Maybe CA could package some up with your disc." -Mackles
  • markorplymarkorply Senior Member Posts: 733Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    I hope not, it would cause tons of problems with systems that have less than 2GB+ VRAM. Overflows, crashes, synchronous frame rendering issues.

I prefer that things dissapear, then to drag my machine down as the battle progresses. Untill they can perfect streaming your never going to have that sort of thing. especially since they are already reaching the limit of Video memory consumption as it is. Shogun 2 practically broke records.
    But the point of it being options is that it's optional, e.g have permanent bodies with low settings
    Add:markorply on steam if you like
    "There is no ignorance in those who can see beyond what they perceive and into what they have yet to learn in a positive and edifying way." -Hardwaremaster
    edited July 2013

Yes but people with more powerful machines can utilize the options like that, You can always turn it off and direct x 11 optimizes stuff like that to make it run faster:P
  • HardwaremasterHardwaremaster Senior Member In 3dsmax Los Angeles CaliforniaPosts: 6,404Registered Users, Tech Moderators
    edited July 2013
    markorply wrote: »
    But the point of it being options is that it's optional, e.g have permanent bodies with low settings

See that's the misconception here causing this opinion. The options wouldn't matter with higher end machines, the game cycles out objects like debris, arrows, particles, dead bodies when it reaches a limit in VRAM. Whether this is artificial is up for debate. but nonetheless, the options are there already. I have done the testing myself, on Low settings the bodies stay just fine for me on my system, and for many of my friends. Its dependent on what the game can use in terms of your memory.

These sorts of options are already integrated. If you want to have things stay, just edit the file which controls how much it degrades settings when it runs out of VRAM. or fool it into thinking you have more than you do, and pay the price for it. The file is in your appdata for the game if I remember correctly.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    "True redundancy is when you are writing a description to describe the word that describes the description you used to describe it." - Christopher Purches

My PC: (2x 980GTX 4GB) (32GB DDR4 2133mhz) (I7 5980K OC 4.5Ghz) (512GB SSDs + 2TB storage drives)

"How on earth is a video game supposed to help you "feel the smell of ash"? Maybe CA could package some up with your disc." -Mackles