Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Rome II Information Directory (Updated 09 Oct 15)

Comments

• MacklesMackles Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,465
    edited February 2014
    So, time for the latest round-up! Better late than never, eh?

Mod Summit! It is actually happening. It wasn't just a figment of your imagination. A confirmed date of March 3rd for when CA will play host to some of those modders doing their best to add to Rome II. Hopefully there will be plenty of dialogue on what is needed both to enhance and expand the current official tool set, allowing for even more ambitious projects in the future.

Next up, Patch 9 is now fully live and out there. Hopefully those of you who still keep the faith have been enjoying the myriad improvements to battle mechanics and performance. The game is now in a fairly acceptable state and I'm sure we're all eagerly awaiting to see what might now be added in to flesh out the experience! To skip straight to the patch notes click here.

Next up, Rally Point is back with Episode 18! If the Rome II experience hasn't yet left you a cynical wreck then click on and enjoy Will and Craig doing their thing and bringing the good news to the people! Covering bits on the mod summit, some patch 9 talk and another unit spotlight.

And finally, moving on to the big story! The much awaited, long time coming, promised Guide to the Politics System has been released. Before we delve into it, I would like to take a moment to thank Trish for getting this to us. It can't be easy getting caught between the occasionally feral fans eagerly awaiting news and in-the-know devs with hectic schedules. Cheers Trish!

Now for the guide itself. Guide being a loose term applied to what is essentially a bit of self-serving advertising and a few descriptions. You'll find some explanation of terminology, vague promises of improvement and not a lot else. Sad to say, but as expected the guide merely serves to shine a light on the lack of thought that went into the design and implementation, and won't give you much more of an understanding of how various systems actually work.

As ever, to those of you who actually bother to read these updates, hold tight and fight well. May Mars and Bellona be with you!

OP updated with:

Rally Point 18: Mod Horros and Assembly Kit Wave One - Link

The Rome II Political Guide - Link

Currently open polls:

Family Tree Poll - Link
    Should the burning iron gates feature be removed? - Link
    A poll on seasons - Link
    Squalor and Public Order Effects - Link
    How many turns do you want to be in a year? - Link
    Should transport ships be able to ram? - Link
    Should there be a "Fire at Will" mechanic for javelin armed melee units? - Link
    Should Roman Infantry have access to the "Shield Wall" formation? - Link
    Do you want Free-For-All mode in MP to return? - Link
    Do you want Barbarian units to have Lower Prices compared to Civilized nations? - Link
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
  • Dual_CoRedDual_CoRed Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 184
    edited February 2014
    Thx Mackles. Very informative and very true.
  • KissjohanKissjohan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 142
    edited February 2014
    lol so CA cant finish the game there self lol hahaha
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,248
    edited February 2014
    Kissjohan wrote: »
    lol so CA cant finish the game there self lol hahaha

... Eh?
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
    edited February 2014
    Well, now seems as good as any time for my latest roundup! First on the menu: the Epirus and Elephants update. This update adds in some minor free content for everyone to enjoy, or extra if you own the Greek States DLC. The African elephant finally has a different skin model than their Indian cousins, adding a nice bit of visual variety to the battlefield. Recommend trying out the Historical Battle of Raphia to compare! Also included are some extra units for Epirus' roster, if you have them unlocked.

Following straight on in the wake of those African elephants, the latest DLC pack has been released. The Beasts of War pack contains "7 new units" and no small amount of controversy. To go along with dogs, camels, elephants and torsion-propelled bugs the unsuspecting fan may come across myriad accusations of CA selling cut content from disgruntled fans. To purchase Beasts of War click here!

For those who missed out, there was a Make War Not Love competition where the CA loyalists lost in a hard fought battle against the minions of Relic to gain the rights to 5 days of freedom for the latest DLC.

Following on from said controversy, CA were forced to respond to a Eurogamer article on the issue in humiliating fashion with yet another apology. Seriously, is anyone counting? How many is that now? The interview can be seen here and involves some very handy PR-footwork, which some fans have decried as self-serving gobblede**** (OWTTE) in any case. And yet the circus doesn't end there as in response to probing questions of forum censorship the Rants and Raves forum, the supposed rug under which certain threads were swept, has been made public for all to see.

Well, after all that I wouldn't be surprised if some fans were feeling a little queasy on the subject of Creative Assembly and their business practices. Yet hope is not lost! Some good news remains. In the Eurogamer article mention is made of some love to come Carthage's way at some point in the near future. In addition, patch 10 appears to be close at hand!

Until next time, may Mars and Bellona bless you with many victories, and curse your foes to bitterest defeat!

OP updated with:

Epirus and Elephants Update - Link
    Beasts of War DLC Trailer - Link
    CA Apologizes for Beasts of War Foul-Up - Link

Currently open polls:

Family Tree Poll - Link
    Should the burning iron gates feature be removed? - Link
    A poll on seasons - Link
    Squalor and Public Order Effects - Link
    How many turns do you want to be in a year? - Link
    Should transport ships be able to ram? - Link
    Should there be a "Fire at Will" mechanic for javelin armed melee units? - Link
    Should Roman Infantry have access to the "Shield Wall" formation? - Link
    Do you want Free-For-All mode in MP to return? - Link
    Do you want Barbarian units to have Lower Prices compared to Civilized nations? - Link

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,248
    edited February 2014
    Remarkably impartial. Well done. :rolleyes:
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"

"Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

• GrumpyTheGreatGrumpyTheGreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 268
    edited February 2014
    Can someone please tell me the pathway for finding in game screenshots.
    cheers:p
    edited February 2014
    MrOuija wrote: »
    Printscreen. It saves as a .bmp in your Rome folder.

Is this the knowledge that you seek?

Team Elize von Carstein

edited February 2014
    G'day, yes I know the print screen button to take screenies, but I can't find the folder they're hiding in.
    Ta
    edited February 2014
    G'day, yes I know the print screen button to take screenies, but I can't find the folder they're hiding in.
    Ta

Ah. It should be somewhere along the 'My Computer - C: - Programme Files (x86) - SteamApps - Common - Total War: Rome II' pathway.

Team Elize von Carstein

edited February 2014
    Ah. It should be somewhere along the 'My Computer - C: - Programme Files (x86) - SteamApps - Common - Total War: Rome II' pathway.
    Much appreciated !:)
    edited February 2014

If you're using Steam's F12 screenshot function, rather than GEM, then it's fairly simply. Click on Rome II in your Steam Library, then scroll down until you the Screenshots section on that page. Click the "View Screenshot Library" button underneath the sample selection of your screenshots and a pop-up box should appear. At the bottom of this box you should see a "View on Disk" option. Click that and voila - you've got your screenshot folder.

edited February 2014
    I have decided to grace this thread with the honour of holding my 1000th post. I have no further news, and nothing to contribute to any discussions ongoing at this time. Thank you. :rolleyes:

Team Elize von Carstein

• maxxcreatormaxxcreator Member Registered Users Posts: 76
    edited February 2014
    I have decided to grace this thread with the honour of holding my 1000th post. I have no further news, and nothing to contribute to any discussions ongoing at this time. Thank you. :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!
    edited February 2014
    The latest unit spotlight is out today, and OP is updated.

Unit Spotlight - Stealth Units - Link

New Retiree Section:
    Out of Date Announcements

Where's Patch 6 and Patch 7? - Link
    Update: Where we are with the Patches (Nov 6th) - Link
    CiG DLC Delayed plus News on Patch 8 - Link

• ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,403
    edited February 2014
    Mackles wrote: »
    The latest unit spotlight is out today ...QUOTE]

Thanks for the update.

BTW, in addition to your No Barb Arty mod, I also use your loading screen mod. You're not just another pretty face Mackles, you have some usefulness. Good job with the pictures you chose on that, best of the bunch as concerns loading screen mods.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
    edited February 2014
    Woops! Forgot about a previous Unit Spotlight on Ranged Units. OP shall be updated accordingly. There is also a new sticky in town linking in all the Unit Spotlights. I won't link that though, seeing as in an apparently new CA initiative to avoid any negative commentary they have simply locked the thread from the off. If you wish, perhaps, to question why resources are being wasted on what is essentially more advertising instead of actual in-game videos, of which there is a severe shortage, you'll need to do that elsewhere.

OP updated with:

Unit Spotlight: Ranged Units - Link
    ranknfile wrote: »
    BTW, in addition to your No Barb Arty mod, I also use your loading screen mod. You're not just another pretty face Mackles, you have some usefulness. Good job with the pictures you chose on that, best of the bunch as concerns loading screen mods.

You're much too kind, rank. Thanks for subbing though!

edited March 2014
    Expect an in-depth report on the mod summit in due course! Some very interesting cards on the table, although I can't reveal all of them right now ;)

edited March 2014
    Expect an in-depth report on the mod summit in due course! Some very interesting cards on the table, although I can't reveal all of them right now ;)

excellent.jpg
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesRegistered Users Posts: 1,373
    edited March 2014
    Thanks I was just about to post and ask if there was any info as I had eagerly anticipated this summit since it was first announced, especially how was the pub section of the summit.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
    edited March 2014
    icenii wrote: »
    Thanks I was just about to post and ask if there was any info as I had eagerly anticipated this summit since it was first announced, especially how was the pub section of the summit.

Pub section was immense. Radious, Noif and wangrin were eager to sample real British ale!

edited March 2014
    Pub section was immense. Radious, Noif and wangrin were eager to sample real British ale!
    Haha hope they all drank in moderation (pun intended ) would be interested to see their mod work after consuming too much Real Ale.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
    edited March 2014
    icenii wrote: »
    Haha hope they all drank in moderation (pun intended ) would be interested to see their mod work after consuming too much Real Ale.

Drank in modification, surely? :rolleyes:

Team Elize von Carstein

edited March 2014
    Drank in modification, surely? :rolleyes:
    That as well.:cool:
    edited March 2014
    Actually no. No! No tidbits!

edited March 2014
    Hey Mackles, thanks to you and all the other folks for updating your mods a few hours after HatG came out. I was playing a Lusitani campaign with only Setrus' "Missed Me" mod ... and found I was missing all the mods I normally play with. Not all have been updated/verified to work with HatG, but you sir and many others were on the ball and got it done.

Much appreciated!
  • JokkismoJokkismo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    I play as iceni, i have conquered britannia, caledonia and belgica. Now i want more regions but all europe have some kind peace mood. Everybody like everybody. If i declare war againts somebody theres 10 factions who hate me. Theres no war inside europe.
    Nearest neutral faction is in Mauretania. Is it possible to make factions hate each other? I have 150 points with arvewi but they dont want join war when i give them 15000, they dont want broke treatis when i give them 15000. I play hard campaing and i bribed two faction to my allies and then all europe was my friend and all factions want just wait and make love.
    edited April 2014
    Couldn't see the next patch request thread, sooo, I'll be lazy and post it here.
    Can we have a choice of SHORT CAMPAIGN in the next patch, It's tooo tedious meeting the current criteria for Victory!
    Have just given up on the best campaign I've played yet as the Lusitani, had all conditions with exception of,(and it's a big 1)90 settlements, I had about 36. It's just asking too much, to get 90........:p all the fun part of the game has been had by the time I had about 25 settlements, OH wait, that's the number I needed for a STW2 win:D, please bring it back.
    edited May 2014
    Cheers TWfan60, there's a few things worthy of the OP! To everyone else (my wide and avid readership I am assured is more than a figment of my imagination) I will do a proper newsbeat update soon. I did write one a month ago but my labors were for naught when I accidentally closed the wrong tab.

New retiree section, running out of real estate again:
    Reviews

AngryJoeShow [5/10] - Link
    IncGamers [4/10] - Link
    CVG [9/10] - Link
    GameReactor [9/10] - Link
    EuroGamer [7/10] - Link
    TheSithAxis [8/10] - Link
    BeefJack [Flawed Gem] - Link
    DigitalSpy [4/5] - Link
    ArsTechnica [Skip it] - Link
    PCGamesN [7/10] - Link
    JoyStiq [3.5/5] - Link
    OneHitPixel [Graded B] - Link
    VideoGamer.com [8/10] - Link
    EGM [8.5/10] - Link
    MetroUK [9/10] - Link
    ElectronicTheatre [90%] - Link
    PushStartPlay [9/10] - Link
    GamesRadar [4.5/5] - Link
    NowGamer [9.5/10] - Link
    RockPaperShotgun - Link
    PCGamer [85/100] - Link
    CDW [5/5] - Link
    PopBucket [9/10] - Link
    VGRevolution [9/10] - Link
    GodIsAGeek [9/10] - Link
    Metacritic [78/100] - Link
    The Guardian [2/5] - Link
    GameSpot [8/10] - Link
    IGN [8.8/10] - Link
    QuarterToThree [1/5] - Link