Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Rome II Information Directory (Updated 09 Oct 15)

191011121315»

Comments

• IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,275
    edited May 2014
    Mackles wrote: »
    Cheers TWfan60, there's a few things worthy of the OP! To everyone else (my wide and avid readership I am assured is more than a figment of my imagination) I will do a proper newsbeat update soon. I did write one a month ago but my labors were for naught when I accidentally closed the wrong tab.

New retiree section, running out of real estate again:

CA really did split opinions, that day in september. :rolleyes:
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • MacklesMackles Senior Member UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,465
    edited May 2014
    CA really did split opinions, that day in september. :rolleyes:

Given the almost universally acknowledged state of the game on release, it would seem to lend credence to the theory of paid reviews, at least to a suspicious mind.
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,275
    edited May 2014
    Mackles wrote: »
    Given the almost universally acknowledged state of the game on release, it would seem to lend credence to the theory of paid reviews, at least to a suspicious mind.

There's that Mackles presumptive reasoning at work again. :rolleyes:
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"

"Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

edited May 2014
    Thanks for stopping by. I promise I will not release any more patches for the game.

Oh but now this just looks silly with the previous comment deleted! What is this madness!?

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,541
    edited June 2014
    I'm not sure if this is posted anywhere else, but if you actually want to know the rules and units in the game (you know, like a rulebook or a useful encyclopedia) this site is indispensible:

http://www.honga.net/totalwar/rome2/?l=en&v=rome2
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,649
    edited June 2014
    Huh, is the interactive campaign map broken again...?
    Don't worry.
    edited June 2014
    Setrus wrote: »
    Huh, is the interactive campaign map broken again...?

It's still there? I loved that thing pre-release. Plotting, plotting and more plotting. :D

Team Elize von Carstein

• ToeaungToeaung Member Registered Users Posts: 53
    edited July 2014
    Very helpful
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,405
    edited July 2014
    eumaies wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is posted anywhere else, but if you actually want to know the rules and units in the game (you know, like a rulebook or a useful encyclopedia) this site is indispensible:

http://www.honga.net/totalwar/rome2/?l=en&v=rome2

Cool! Excellent! Thanks for the link.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
    edited July 2014
    Tidied up the polls, some were horridly out of date while a fair few have cropped up of late. Also added in Wangrin's report from the Mod Summit, for those as is still interested.

There's also been a slew of official videos churned out, which are as follows:

Pirates & Raiders DLC Trailer - Link
    Rally Point 20: Upcoming Free Content and DLC - Link
    Let's Play - Historical Battle of Pydna - Link
    Unit Spotlight: Fear Units - Link
    Unit Spotlight: Pirates & Raiders + Getae - Link
    Unit Spotlight: Melee Cavalry - Link
    Unit Spotlight: Missile Cavalry - Link
    Touch Controls for Rome II - Link

As ever, here is a list of the available community polls. Your interaction can make a difference!

Should the burning iron gates feature be removed? - Link
    A poll on seasons - Link
    Squalor and Public Order Effects - Link
    How many turns do you want to be in a year? - Link
    Should transport ships be able to ram? - Link
    Should Roman Infantry have access to the "Shield Wall" formation? - Link
    Do you want Free-For-All mode in MP to return? - Link
    Do you want Barbarian units to have Lower Prices compared to Civilized nations? - Link
    Are Rome II's graphics better than previous titles? - Link

edited August 2014
    Updated OP with:

Total War Twitch Channel: Livestreams from the Communiteam! - Link
    Mac Public Beta Goes Live - Link
    First Annual Modding Awards (Voting) - Link
    Rally Point 21: Emperor Edition Announced - Link
    Unit Spotlight: Daughters of Mars - Link
    Daughters of Mars DLC Trailer - Link
    Should Fleets be able to Assault Walled Settlements? - Link

Removed as no longer useful:

Update on the Mod Summit - Link

edited September 2014
    Added to the OP:

Emperor Edition FAQ - Link
    First Annual Modding Award: Shortlist - Link
    First Annual Modding Award: Player's Choice - Link

Removed as no longer relevant:

First Annual Modding Awards (Voting) - Link

edited September 2014
    Updated OP with:

Imperator Augustus Campaign Trailer - Link

edited September 2014
    Added to OP:

First Annual Modding Awards Ceremony - Link
    First Annual Modding Awards: WINNERS! - Link
    Caesar in Gaul DLC Campaign Wiki - Link
    Hannibal at the Gates DLC Campaign Wiki - Link
    Imperator Augustus Campaign Wiki - Link

Removed as no longer relevant:

First Annual Modding Award: Player's Choice - Link

edited November 2014
    Updated with:

Rally Point 22: Halloween Update - Link
    Rally Point Extra: Mod Awards Highlights - Link
    Mod Awards Steam Collection: Grab 'em now! - Link

• TheodoreTheodore Member Registered Users Posts: 91
    edited November 2014
    The link for the interactive campaign map just leads to a blank white page.
    By the way, China's warring states period would make an ideal setting for a total war game.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warring_States_period
    edited November 2014
    Updated with:

Black Sea Colonies Culture Pack DLC Trailer - Link

• ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,405
    edited November 2014
    As always Mackles, you provide convenient "one stop shopping" for anything concerning TW games. Thanks for the effort this requires.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
    edited November 2014
    ranknfile wrote: »
    Thanks for the effort this requires.

Valar dohaeris.

edited December 2014
    Updated with:

Wrath of Sparta DLC Campaign Wiki - Link
    Rally Point 23: Wrath of Sparta Reveal - Link
    Festivals and Games in Wrath of Sparta - Link

edited July 2015
    Updated with:

Patch 17 Beta Released - Link
    CA Explain the Different Types of Trailer - Link

edited October 2015
    Updated with:

Spartan Edition Combo-Pack Trailer - Link
    Spartan Edition Combo-Pack Wiki - Link