Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Rome II Information Directory (Updated 09 Oct 15)

Comments

• NuccioNuccio Senior Member Posts: 441Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Good Job Mackles! : ) I love when people make things less chaotic with organization! This was really necessary, thanks!

Make sure you add all the reviews and such media though (cough, cough, cough)
    Nuccio Afrikanus

Total War Demigod

http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaCloudatlas/videos
  • lordfadilordfadi Senior Member Posts: 1,855Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Don't praise Mackles too much, if we exaggerate a lot he might become so arrogant and proclaim himself Emperor. :p
    "Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood" Helen Keller.
  • gulasznikowgulasznikow Senior Member Posts: 172Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    lordfadi wrote: »
    Don't praise Mackles too much, if we exaggerate a lot he might become so arrogant and proclaim himself Emperor. :p

All hail mighty Mackles, The Writer Of The R2TW Info.

Btw. Thank you very much for work you put in this OP. :D
  • DonniMalakaDonniMalaka Senior Member Posts: 613Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Cheers once again, Mackles!

He plans on deposing HWM, for a moderator position, but don't tell anyone ;)
    My Rig- i5 4670K 3.8ghz, 8gb RAM, GTX 970 Asus Direct CUII OC Edition
  • MacklesMackles Senior Member UKPosts: 5,464Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Added in the following Articles and Interviews.
    Mackles wrote: »
    PCGamer Interview with James Russell - Link

A special day for James with CA - Link

Lead Battle Designer Interview - Link
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
  • NicolaihnsnNicolaihnsn Member Posts: 86Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    I couldn't find this on the list but it's a interview with some guys from Intel (i think). It's explaining how Rome II is gonna utilises the new generation of Haswell CPUs, quite interesting i think!

Here you are:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v_ioNLYm-k
  • stnstn Senior Member Posts: 227Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    I couldn't find this on the list but it's a interview with some guys from Intel (i think). It's explaining how Rome II is gonna utilises the new generation of Haswell CPUs, quite interesting i think!

Here you are:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v_ioNLYm-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qlEkgkuO2A

Here is the original video.
    edited July 2013
    Cheers for the links Nicolaihnsn and stn! I had forgotten about this! Updated.

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
    edited July 2013
    Updating the main page with a mix of official releases and unofficial responses from fans at the various public events.

Forum Exclusive Q&A - Link

mmurray821's Report from the CA Community Event - Link

Nuccio at the CA Community Event - Prologue and Account

Harwaremaster goes to E3 - Link

Further thoughts on E3 demo from HWM - Link

Shireknight at Rezzed - Link

Mackles AAR for Rezzed - Link

• golangolan Senior Member Posts: 1,392Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Now I can tell all the kids out there: have you read Mackles post?
    Nuccio wrote: »
    Good Job Mackles! : ) I love when people make things less chaotic with organization! This was really necessary, thanks!

Make sure you add all the reviews and such media though (cough, cough, cough)

Organisation removes human contact, its horrible. Now instead of being condescending to all those innocent happy posters out there, we'll just waive them off to Mackle's post. Sigh.
    Remember! Rome Wasn't Patched In a Day... Uhm, that's the way the saying goes, right?

TW Track:
    • SP/MP ratio = 95/5.
    • Preferred campaign difficulty: Normal/Hard (Very Hard in Rome2).
    • Preferred vanilla battle difficulty: Very Hard (Normal in Shogun2).
    • Vanilla/Mods ratio = 40/60 (Rome2 track = 90% mods).
    • Mods: EB, RTR, R1DM, SSteel, M2DM, DME, S2DM, Radious R2, DeI, Constantine
    edited July 2013
    golan wrote: »
    Now I can tell all the kids out there: have you read Mackles post?

Go tell the kids, passerby, that here, by Mackles post, links lie.

• rohirrimelfrohirrimelf Senior Member Posts: 412Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    So, no news today (monday)?
  • AtteroAttero Senior Member Iowa, U.S.Posts: 1,418Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Expect something hopefully by Wednesday. and no doubt Friday.
    "When the strong have fallen...we must call in the weak...because now...they are the strong"
    Me..when...just now...at that one time...at that one place....upside down...
  • rohirrimelfrohirrimelf Senior Member Posts: 412Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Yep. the last 2 weeks we got some good videos on wednesd and Friday.
    edited July 2013
    If there is anything new then I'll update the main post with it. Pretty likely that something new will get it's own sticky for a while though, so it shouldn't be hard to find!

• NuccioNuccio Senior Member Posts: 441Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Whenever that Rome Rome II event hits the scene, we really will need this thread to keep all the media organized. I will be able to read a lot quickly when I take the Bart and the train into San Fran Everyday now!
    Nuccio Afrikanus

Total War Demigod

http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaCloudatlas/videos
  • moalsahamoalsaha Senior Member Posts: 596Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    I like this thread a lot. very.
    One who rushes madly after inordinate desire, runs the risk of encountering destruction and death
    One who hopes inordinately, impairs his deeds.
    To lose or to waste an opportunity will result in grief and sorrow.
    A virtuous person is better then virtue and a vicious person is worse than vice.
    Imam Ali (peace be upon him)
  • PhlebiacPhlebiac Senior Member Posts: 373Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Great post! As handy as they come. :)
    I dream of the day that the creators of "Total War" and "Warhammer" get together and make a baby. That baby will be called "Total Warhammer" and it will be Lord of all EPIC! - Update: The bun is in the oven and it's name is "Total War: Warhammer", brings a tear to me eye!
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 7,373Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Nuccio wrote: »
    Whenever that Rome Rome II event hits the scene, we really will need this thread to keep all the media organized. I will be able to read a lot quickly when I take the Bart and the train into San Fran Everyday now!

I've driven by Sega's building in San Francisco (while fantasizing about Steve McQueen in "Bullet"- trying to suppress my urge to send my rental car leaping through the air), I wish I were near them today. Seems we have a bit of business that is - for some reason or another - "unfinished."
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
    edited July 2013
    Updated with the new insights on a Sparta campaign from a variety of CA staff.

How to play as Sparta according to the devs! - Link

• NicolaihnsnNicolaihnsn Member Posts: 86Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Is there a way to find and store all the screenshots in the original post?
    It would be awesome if it could be done?!
  • XooXoo Senior Member Posts: 2,997Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Well done, Mackles :)
    Carthage > Burn Rome :p
    Macedon > Burn Rome :D
  • PhlebiacPhlebiac Senior Member Posts: 373Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Wow, this guy must be trying to get a job at CA for the next installation for the TW series! :p

Love ya work mate!
    I dream of the day that the creators of "Total War" and "Warhammer" get together and make a baby. That baby will be called "Total Warhammer" and it will be Lord of all EPIC! - Update: The bun is in the oven and it's name is "Total War: Warhammer", brings a tear to me eye!
  • King_of_SeleucidsKing_of_Seleucids Member Posts: 74Registered Users
    edited July 2013
    Hi, exellent post, BTW how much it will cost physically? because i live in Uruguay and i can't get a credit card without haveing a work bill -_-, so, my father will be in the USA at October and i will have to buy it in a shop, wich is going to be the price? thanks for the info!
    edited July 2013
    Updated with extremely awesome Let's Play - Campaign Gameplay!
    Hi, exellent post, BTW how much it will cost physically? because i live in Uruguay and i can't get a credit card without haveing a work bill -_-, so, my father will be in the USA at October and i will have to buy it in a shop, wich is going to be the price? thanks for the info!

In the US I believe you can get it for between $45 and $60, if you shop around!
    Phlebiac wrote: »
    Wow, this guy must be trying to get a job at CA for the next installation for the TW series! :p

Ha, that would be the dream!

• mmurray821mmurray821 Moderator Posts: 5,227Moderators
    edited July 2013
    so, my father will be in the USA at October and i will have to buy it in a shop, wich is going to be the price? thanks for the info!

$59.95 is the listed cost
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.
    edited July 2013
    Updated with:

ShinoGH gets some answers from San Fran - Link

Count du Monet's Observations from San Fran - Link

Angry Joe Interview with Jamie Ferguson - Link

edited July 2013
    Updated with:

Sea Regions Information - Link

Extra Large Panorama Screenshots - Link

mmurray821's San Fran AAR - Link

edited July 2013
    Updated with:

GiantBomb's Overview - Link

Nuccio rambles on about San Fran - Prologue

TIG's thoughts from San Fran - Link

edited July 2013
    Added in a more specific link to some useful Strategy Informer previews:

Strategy Informer's In-depth Preview - Part One and Part Two