Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

We want a REAL Collector's Edition

Sirius 21Sirius 21 Senior MemberPalermo, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,619
edited November 2010 in Total War: SHOGUN 2
I think we should continue here the old collector's edition discussion from the Yuku forums.

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/72188

Post your comments and ideas for a possible Shogun 2 TW Collector's Edition.
I'd like it to be something more than NTW/ETW version. Not just some elite units and a nice package. It has to be something like M2TW Collector's Edition: soundtrack, making of DVD, a fig***** ... anything that can make it a real collector's edition!

EDIT: stupid censor! ... :mad:
Admin of Total War Games Italia Youtube channel
TWGI clan
Steam Profile
My system - Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced - PSU: Corsair HX 1000W - Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe - CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz - RAM: 6Gb Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz - Hard disks:Western Digital Velociraptor 600Gb 10000 RPM and WD Caviar Green 2Tb 7200 RPM - GPUs: CrossfireX XFX HD6950 2Gb XXX Edition - Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - DVD RW: Pioneer DVR-219L and Samsung SH-S223F
Post edited by Sirius 21 on

Comments

• DarkSideHomeDarkSideHome Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,549
    edited July 2010
    I'd like some artwork included as the guys seem to be making alot of that and it would be nice to have a poster or two showing the best of the artwork. Also a calligraphy scroll would be a nice touch, maybe an imitation of a calligraphy by one of the strongest Daimyos or Shoguns. A map is also a must that shows the strategic features of Japan.

The quality of the paper used in these items must be grade-A material (I am willing to pay the extra price) that tries to imitate the original paper used in Japan during the same period. Maybe even hire a calligrapher to hand-paint each poster using authentic paper and ink for an Extreme Collector's Edition?

Since weapons are not an option, I'd like to see a Daimyo/Shogun helmet.

PS: Why is a liquid produce by the body to purify the blood stream is a censored word? Stupid Flanders
  • matraymatray Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 356
    edited July 2010
    I have all that stuff from the medieval 2 collectors edition and never watched the making of or listened to a soundtrack (didnt even know it came with one). I want the map from the original medieval which had on the back what troops came from which buildings and provinces. The figuri.ne would be nice as well. My daughter loves the Napoleon figure, running around making horse noises and saying pferdchen non stop. Cant say napoleon it comes out as olin. Extra units are fine as long as its not heroes that overpower in multi-player. Maybe a total war mousepad with artwork on it or a deck of cards showing units. Maybe even a book on the wars during the period. Or on some of the leaders of the clans. I would gladly pay $150 to $200 for that.

Also as long as Dark Side is not Chuck Norris then ShireKnight is safe. Cause if you can see Chuck Norris, Chuck Norris can see you. If you cant see Chuck Norris you may be only seconds from death!
  • Duke DudeDuke Dude Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 879
    edited July 2010
    As I said when starting that topic, "I would just like to ask CA not to make a 'region specific' collectors edition like they did for E:TW & N:TW.
    There should be a 'universal' collectors edition that anyone in any country can get.
    Please CA."
    This I believe is a must.
    Also when you look on the second page of the thread you will see awesome colector edition a.k.a. Assassins Creed II: Brotherhood Codex Edition. Now that is epic! I would very much like a creating of/ behind the scenes dvd, I love watching all the interviews, the developer's wants for the game... My thoughts, again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and a soundtrack! I really love the Med2 soundtrack (listen to it often) and I think having one would be great!
  • SheBearSheBear Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 142
    edited July 2010
    Duke Dude wrote: »
    As I said when starting that topic, "I would just like to ask CA not to make a 'region specific' collectors edition like they did for E:TW & N:TW.
    There should be a 'universal' collectors edition that anyone in any country can get.
    Please CA."
    This I believe is a must.
    Also when you look on the second page of the thread you will see awesome colector edition a.k.a. Assassins Creed II: Brotherhood Codex Edition. Now that is epic! I would very much like a creating of/ behind the scenes dvd, I love watching all the interviews the developers wants for the game... My thoughts, again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and a soundtrack! I really love the Med2 soundtrack (listen to it often) and I think having one would be great!

I agree with you on both counts.
    I love the Med2 soundtrack (as well as all of the soundtracks really, though I fondly remember Med1 and Shogun1 more than Rome).
    I think an art book also would be a great addition, I really enjoy the art book I have from the Morrowind collectors' edition.
  • BlluedevilBlluedevil Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 21
    edited July 2010
    I got the M2TW Collector's Edition, but I never watched the making of DVD because I did not really care how the game was made.
    edited July 2010
  • andferpaandferpa Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,520
    edited July 2010
    the collectors edition for assasins creed 2 was awesome, i would like something so you could make your own daimyo skin and see it used on the campaign and battles(multiplayer too)
    Andokides
    All war is based on deception.
    Sun Tzu
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
    Sun Tzu
    A leader is a dealer in hope.
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters.
    Alexander the Great
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
    William Shakespeare.
  • Knight TemplarKnight Templar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 498
    edited July 2010
    To reiterate what I wrote on the old yuku forums, the Shogun II Collectors Edition must have:

1. A special collector's edition box.
    2. A special installer that is very immersive and graphically pleasing (like the ones for some of the Command and Conquer games).
    3. Maps and scenarios exclusive to the Special Edition.
    4. A hardbound game manual with colored pictures.
    5. A special DVD containing:
    - A making of do***entary that tells everything about Shogun II from conception to completion with behind-the-scenes video, interviews, and commentary.
    - All of the official trailers, preview videos, pre-release video interviews and gameplay videos (I don't want them to be scattered all over the web like the official Medieval II videos).
    - Shogun II strategy videos with tips and tactics from the designers themselves.
    - Shogun II podcasts (if there will be any).
    - The in-game cinematics - for purposes such as previewing to friends or just enjoyment.
    6. The complete soundtrack for Shogun II.
    7. An artbook with concept art and beautiful art highlighting the best of Shogun II .
    8. Player guides (either official or fan made - or better yet both) complied in a book or booklet.
    9. Special Collectors Edition Building and Unit Planner posters for all playable factions - printed.
    10. Detailed maps of the campaigns.
    11. High quality art cards.
    12. Promotional posters of Shogun II.
    13. A fantasy "poster" (for example showing a battle in Kyoto between the Mongols and the Japanese).
    14. A bespoke figure based on actual in-game model an contained in its own packaging.
    15. A bonus do***entary about something related to Shogun II's setting.
  • SheBearSheBear Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 142
    edited July 2010
    To reiterate what I wrote on the old yuku forums, the Shogun II Collectors Edition must have:

2. A special installer that is very immersive and graphically pleasing (like the ones for some of the Command and Conquer games).
    - A making of do***entary that tells everything about Shogun II from conception to completion with behind-the-scenes video, interviews, and commentary.
    - All of the official trailers, preview videos, pre-release video interviews and gameplay videos (I don't want them to be scattered all over the web like the official Medieval II videos).
    - Shogun II strategy videos with tips and tactics from the designers themselves.
    - The in-game cinematics - for purposes such as previewing to friends or just enjoyment.
    7. An artbook with concept art and beautiful art highlighting the best of Shogun II .
    8. Player guides (either official or fan made - or better yet both) complied in a book or booklet.
    9. Special Collectors Edition Building and Unit Planner posters for all playable factions - printed.
    13. A fantasy "poster" (for example showing a battle in Kyoto between the Mongols and the Japanese).
    14. A bespoke figure based on actual in-game model an contained in its own packaging.

I feel like most of that is asking for a bit much...

I agree all of that would be awesome, but while I like collectors' editions anything with all of that would be well over $100, and I do not want to pay that much for extras. I think collectors' editions should be ten-twenty dollars more expensive than the standard game and come with a handful of those cool things you listed.
  • SaYyıdSaYyıd Member Registered Users Posts: 69
    edited July 2010
    Yeah! Bring a soundtrack! The best collector's edition EVER was from Age of Empires, it had an amazing soundtrack.
    Now, I hope that S2TW will surpass that one.
  • SaYyıdSaYyıd Member Registered Users Posts: 69
    edited July 2010
    SheBear wrote: »
    I agree with you on both counts.
    I love the Med2 soundtrack (as well as all of the soundtracks really, though I fondly remember Med1 and Shogun1 more than Rome).
    I think an art book also would be a great addition, I really enjoy the art book I have from the Morrowind collectors' edition.

:O Rome's soundtrack is above everything else...
  • Sirius 21Sirius 21 Senior Member Palermo, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,619
    edited July 2010
    I would really like to have a making of DVD. The one from M2TW Collector's Edition was nice but it was made with too much in-game footage and promotional videos. I'd love to see the developing process. I don't need a professional do***entary, just give me some footage showing the artists at work, designer brainstormings, the production of music and sound FX, the motion capture guys, the recording of the score. I want to watch a real behind the scenes.
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
    My system - Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced - PSU: Corsair HX 1000W - Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe - CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz - RAM: 6Gb Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz - Hard disks:Western Digital Velociraptor 600Gb 10000 RPM and WD Caviar Green 2Tb 7200 RPM - GPUs: CrossfireX XFX HD6950 2Gb XXX Edition - Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - DVD RW: Pioneer DVR-219L and Samsung SH-S223F
    edited July 2010
    ^ Ditto, that would be great!
  • Le NainLe Nain Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 180
    edited July 2010

Would buy it for 100-150$.
    That's for sure
  • dark as silverdark as silver Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,510
    edited July 2010
    Personaly I want some content that won't become available to non hardcore fans in a month or two... or EVER:mad:. other than this I would like a pretty looking case, a map or some posters. Anything else is just a bonus.:)
  • KIngSkaffaKIngSkaffa Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8
    edited July 2010
    i would like in geisha i would pay extra for that:D
  • vaptinvaptin Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 752
    edited July 2010
    A tech-tree/unit roster - like in mtw, please.

A map and soundtrack would be good as well.
    edited August 2010
    Personaly I want some content that won't become available to non hardcore fans in a month or two... or EVER:mad:. other than this I would like a pretty looking case, a map or some posters. Anything else is just a bonus.:)

This is why a Collector's Edition must include some tangible things. Soundtracks, DVDs, illustrations, maps, statues (I hope the forum won't censor even this word!) are things that cannot be released some months after day 1.
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
  • secret spysecret spy Banned Banned Users Posts: 786
    edited August 2010
    u know, i bought the imperial edition for the game stuff, not the collectors stuff,boy do i have regrets...
  • 毘沙門天毘沙門天 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 222
    edited August 2010
    I think extra units for a Collectors Edition is a No-no! A strategy game needs a fixed set of units in my oppinion. Imagine you want to play chess with a friend and you got more Units...that would be against my believe of "give them all the same and let the person win who can use everything to the most advantage". If it would be just regular unit with nicer textures, it wouldn´t feel right as well. I bet we will see texture remake mods for this game as well ^^ so it ain´t very special for a CE.

I would appreciate something more touchable ;)
    - A map is a must, but maybe a map of Japan written in kanji and with symbols that show province boni (what i hope will be there again)
    - What about a (small) book, displaying and showing hata (flags) of the clans together with some history lesson and favorite tactics? (they did a good job on what i thought of: http://www.shin-sei.co.jp/np/isbn/978-4-405-10658-1 i have the book and the explanations and artworks are amazing)

- Diffrent CE box artworks with a figure for every clan (like a starcraft box for every race)

- Soundtrack DVD with sound files and musik videos with fitting scenes from Japan - castle views, old battlegrounds today, Kyoto, maybe even some scenes from movies like 7samurai (七人の侍), ten to chi to (天と地と), ten chi jin (天地人) etc. or even the jidai-matsuri in Kyoto...

- Not a single "feature" pdf that i have to print myself :P

- I don´t need that actually but i let my fantasy fly around for some stimuli: a miniature paper set for building Himeji-castle on top of my PC ;)

- A colored Manual

I´m a poor student, so i can´t/want to pay 100-200€ for it. A normal price is 40-50€, so i would appreciate bonus material worth around 20€. That´s my personal oppinion so i hope i don´t offend some people who want a CE worth a new graphic card ;) What about a decent CE and lot´s of fan articles available at an online store? =)
  • BrazilskiBrazilski Member Registered Users Posts: 86
    edited August 2010
    Common CA:

Katana letter-opener! Katana letter-opener! Katana letter-opener! Katana letter-opener! Katana letter-opener! Katana letter-opener! Katana letter-opener! Katana letter-opener! Katana letter-opener! Katana letter-opener! Katana letter-opener! Katana letter-opener!

XD not serious, but something like that would be funny.
    edited August 2010
    Sirius 21 wrote: »
    This is why a Collector's Edition must include some tangible things. Soundtracks, DVDs, illustrations, maps, statues (I hope the forum won't censor even this word!) are things that cannot be released some months after day 1.

Exactly. The game related swag is what makes a collector's edition really special. In-game things (specially stuff like units) will, for better or worse, get released eventually to everyone else who can cough up the cash.
  • dark as silverdark as silver Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,510
    edited August 2010
    I think extra units for a Collectors Edition is a No-no! A strategy game needs a fixed set of units in my oppinion. Imagine you want to play chess with a friend and you got more Units...that would be against my believe of "give them all the same and let the person win who can use everything to the most advantage". If it would be just regular unit with nicer textures, it wouldn´t feel right as well. I bet we will see texture remake mods for this game as well ^^ so it ain´t very special for a CE.
    The extra peices would only give an advantage if the pieces weren't balanced or you were allowed to have a few without losing any other pieces, look at all of the varients many of them include new peices.
    edited August 2010
    Oh i forgot the thing i would like to see the most in a CE:

- a copy of the original Shogun that runs under vista! :P
  • brds2226brds2226 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 992
    edited August 2010
    Runs under Vista? But, as we've seen when Shogun won "Best Game of E3", Shogun prefers to be on top.
    Hogamus higamus
    Man is polygamous
    Higamus hogamus
    Woman is monogamous

—William James
    edited August 2010
    Heh, maybe my translation was too close to German this time ;)

But it would really be nice to play it again. It could also show the people that never played it it´s awesomeness and unreached atmosphere. And why it was time for Shogun2 and not MTW3-5 (not that i would be against it, i like them all but ETW ;).
  • brds2226brds2226 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 992
    edited August 2010
    It made perfect sense, I was just teasing :p I agree, it would be nice if STW was made to be compatible with current systems.
    Hogamus higamus
    Man is polygamous
    Higamus hogamus
    Woman is monogamous

—William James
    edited August 2010

Now that would be AWESOME!!! I would really love that. I cannot get Shogun I anywhere so to have it come in a collectors edition would be great!
    edited August 2010

Great idea man! They placed a copy of the original Starcraft in the Starcraft 2 collector's edition, so why not Shogun II?
    edited August 2010
    I hope CA is reading this thread because there's a lot of good ideas here. At least, this topic proves people want more than the special editions of ETW and NTW.
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile