Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How many unit slots will be in Shogun 2?

goodthings19goodthings19 MemberPosts: 59Registered Users
edited February 2011 in Total War: Shogun 2
Recent Total War games (Empire, Napoleon) allowed you to have up to 20 unit slots in an army. Which raises the question, will there be the same amount of slots in Shogun 2?

I couldn't help but notice that in the battle report video (Chosokabe Vs. Takeda) each side had only 16 unit slots. Although in the video it appears that there is enough room left for 4 more units which would put the total count at 20. Which leaves me to assume that you will be able to fill 20 unit slots in a full stacked army. Do you guys agree/disagree? I would love to hear your opinions.
CPU: Intel 4690k OC @ 4.0 ghz
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 SLI Configuration
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 8 gb DDR3 1866 (2x4gb)
SSD: Crucial 480gb SSD
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w
Case: NZXT H440 (white)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i 95mm SSO2
Post edited by goodthings19 on

Comments

• NaishoNaisho Senior Member USAPosts: 3,375Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    All the pictures have suggested 20 unit slots per army.
    1---/\__/\
    1=(O-"-O)=/\
    1--- / | | \--/ -|
    1---| \-/ \-_ /
    1--( Neko )

Naisho the Neko

"You have raised assorted issues under what might be termed a “I-don’t-like-it because-I-say-it’s-not-historical” banner. This isn't quite the same as "justified", I'm sorry to say." -MikeB
  • XooXoo Senior Member Posts: 2,997Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    20 units + general for moment...for a army.
    Carthage > Burn Rome :p
    Macedon > Burn Rome :D
  • EmishiEmishi Senior Member Posts: 128Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    I never understood why they needed the slot limit in the first place.Somebody has an idea?
  • 1eyasu1eyasu Member Posts: 58Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Emishi wrote: »
    I never understood why they needed the slot limit in the first place.Somebody has an idea?

because if u have more the game engine couldn't handle it and it gets unwieldy
  • EmishiEmishi Senior Member Posts: 128Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    1eyasu wrote: »
    because if u have more the game engine couldn't handle it and it gets unwieldy

That can't be the only reason since the engine can handle 2vs2 battles with full stacks.
  • BrahimBugBrahimBug Senior Member Posts: 587Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Emishi wrote: »
    That can't be the only reason since the engine can handle 2vs2 battles with full stacks.

game play is probably the main reason. As epic as large numbers are, i think having over 20 units in your control would be too much to handle and unnecessary. Also the size in relation to the size of the battlefields, a standard 20 units army size would allow for a standard battlefield size (notice how battlefield sizes get bigger in 2v2 and 3v3 and so on?), this is so you can use the battlefield tactically, giving heaps of room for flanking and ambushing etc, instead of having a long line that runs all the way through it. also for some consistency with online play.
    Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died.

Team Asrai of Athel Loren.

It must be FUNCTIONAL on launch.
    "Carthago delenda est"